Pages:
Author

Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet - page 3. (Read 965789 times)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Can Trezor-Suite be directed to be connected only to a local (or specified) bitcoin (core) full node?

Trezor seems quite intent on keeping connections back to the mothership locked down ... if you know what I mean.

Apparently you can (funny that I read the tweet about this today), but you have to install Blockbook first*:

https://github.com/trezor/blockbook

https://twitter.com/pavolrusnak/status/1326552425411485707?s=20 (source*)

... doesn't seem like Blockbook is easily connected to Bitcoin Core full node. You have to install the trezor back-end full node as well and have that connect to the Bitcoin Core full node ... so need to run two full nodes to support one wallet locally ...ok, nah.
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
Can Trezor-Suite be directed to be connected only to a local (or specified) bitcoin (core) full node?

Trezor seems quite intent on keeping connections back to the mothership locked down ... if you know what I mean.

Apparently you can (funny that I read the tweet about this today), but you have to install Blockbook first*:

https://github.com/trezor/blockbook

https://twitter.com/pavolrusnak/status/1326552425411485707?s=20 (source*)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo

Edit: ooops, may have spoke too soon. I found this issue on github https://github.com/trezor/trezor-suite/issues/2737 ... seems like Bitcoin Full Node will be connecting to a Full Node is on the road map.

Well done with the Tor support upgrade in Trezor Suite ... not sure about node.js as language choice.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
Looks like both Suite and Bridge got updated? Couldn't find anything on the trezor website and I don't really feel like installing some malicious version of the wallet

Yes, they have been updated. You can always check GitHub for new releases if you are not sure. Also, I got an e-mail from them a couple of minutes ago with a link to this blog entry describing Tor support which was introduced in this update.

copper member
Looks like both Suite and Bridge got updated? Couldn't find anything on the trezor website and I don't really feel like installing some malicious version of the wallet
legendary
which is funny because I tought trezor didn't support and have been using electrum to access those addresses....

That's because they have just added support for it with the release of Suite. You won't be able to access native SegWit accounts in the official web interface, though.

Altough it's more understandable (it's segwit), I still see no point in defaulting a never used account/wallet over a couple used and funded ones.

It could be a bug. Feel free to report it on Github.
copper member
----
Well, now I'm in doubt of whether I checked wrong last night or what the hell has happened, but the default account I'm getting on the web version and desktop version of suite is a bech32 one; which is funny because I tought trezor didn't support and have been using electrum to access those addresses....

Altough it's more understandable (it's segwit), I still see no point in defaulting a never used account/wallet over a couple used and funded ones.
legendary
I've actually just realized this; but is there a reason, or solution, to Trezor Suite defaulting a Legacy account? My main account is a Segwit one, and I have never created a Legacy account on the web interface; yet, when opening the BTC accounts, the default one is a Legacy one, with of course 0 balance...

That's interesting. When I launch Suite, it scans for already used accounts and adds them. I have never used a legacy account so Suite doesn't add it. I have tried entering a random passphrase and I only got an empty native SegWit account. Can you check if the same happens on the web version of Suite?
copper member
I've actually just realized this; but is there a reason, or solution, to Trezor Suite defaulting a Legacy account? My main account is a Segwit one, and I have never created a Legacy account on the web interface; yet, when opening the BTC accounts, the default one is a Legacy one, with of course 0 balance...

Is there any explaition to this? Because it makes much more sense to default the account with more money rather than a not even created one....
legendary
Trezor has just sent out a 10% discount code valid from today until 30th November. Code: TECHMONTH2020
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Also, unlike Ledger Live, it doesn't support coin control.

(Yet.)

According to their recent AMA at least it's in the works and should be added to the app next year. Kind of odd for having users wait this long and be forced to rely on 3rd party tools to use such a basic feature but at least it's coming. I wonder if it's going to be something related to or involving either joinmarket or wasabi, or something entirely else.
legendary
Has anyone tried new Trezor suite desktop version software and what are they offering that is so special and different from notorious Ledger Live app?

There is nothing special about Suite right now. You still need to install trezorctl to be able to change some settings and enable SD card protection. Also, unlike Ledger Live, it doesn't support coin control.
copper member
I also believe there is a problem with the fees, maybe someone could confirm this... I selected the "Normal" fees and it was showing 129 sat/B but after sending, I checked the TXID and it's showing ~80 sat.

Haven't made a tx yet on suite, but maybe the app gives the fee as Legacy transaction (satoshi/byte) instead of Segwit?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Has anyone tried new Trezor suite desktop version software and what are they offering that is so special and different from notorious Ledger Live app?

I don't like using their web versions, and even if I am well aware about phishing stuff, I also know that anyone can be a victim including me.

legendary
Do you happen to know whether it's possible to change the block explorer yet?

It seems that you can only use your own Blockbook instance at the moment. Go to the "Coins" tab, hover your mouse cursor over Bitcoin and you should see "Danger zone" button next to the slider on the right side. Apparently, it replaces the Trezor backend completely so you can't use any block explorer.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
A beta version of Trezor Suite is now available for anyone to download. There is also a web version (Trezor Bridge is still required). Here's an official blog post. There isn't much information about upcoming features.

Do you happen to know whether it's possible to change the block explorer yet? I can't seem to find it.

I also believe there is a problem with the fees, maybe someone could confirm this... I selected the "Normal" fees and it was showing 129 sat/B but after sending, I checked the TXID and it's showing ~80 sat.
copper member
----

Hmmmm yeah, seem that it's working that way; quite odd that the paths have changed out of the blue. I tried copy pasting, but unfortunately it hasn't worked, so I guess that a ticket/feedback commentary to the development team would be appropriate?

Thanks for the fast reply btw
legendary
Has this been addressed before and I don't seem to find it, or is it just me having trouble with my computer?

It seems that Suite saves label related data to a different folder on Dropbox. I am not sure but you might get all of your labels back if you move/copy all the label data to that folder. The default location is "Applications/TREZOR/" while Suite saves to "Applications/TREZOR/Apps/TREZOR/".
copper member
I've just installed and tried the Beta client after some time not using the device, and even if I must admit that it's an amazing tool and makes the interface a lot more user friendly, I've "lost" all the tags/labels I had on the web client. I haven't really lost them, but they haven't synced even if I had the same dropbox account connected... Has this been addressed before and I don't seem to find it, or is it just me having trouble with my computer?
legendary
A beta version of Trezor Suite is now available for anyone to download. There is also a web version (Trezor Bridge is still required). Here's an official blog post. There isn't much information about upcoming features.
Pages:
Jump to: