Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 27. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
Well it was hit on all fronts, dao, attacks, hacks, forks...I think if it hits $7 it would be a good time to start buying if you are not already accumulating already. The reason is that this is the long trendline from before the DAO. Yes it can go to $5-6 depending on BTC rally but to me that's a steal. It all comes down to long term potential and BTC can't be the only blockchain ruling the world, they complement each other perfectly and the market will eventually react to that.

Plus, BTC will be dumping soon, not sure what's the top but we are very close, when that happen you will see ETH shorts getting rekt and the bounce will be epic to 150k and above (it could still come down after that though).

Nope, not accumulating. That's a sucker's game at this point imho. Waiting for the big move, as I said recently, with the intention of selling the rebound.

I do not share your bearish views on Bitcoin.

I'm not shorting ETH at these prices really, too risky, the money was already made shorting it from above 0.02...now the tide will change. Bitcoin will touch $800 (even $820-850) and then dump, mark my words. ETH can still go to 600-800k during this time.
I'm looking forward to that, but I would not be too confident to see that price and then dump again. As long as the price of bitcoin is increasing, I would not touch ETH still as it's too risky. Another dump might still happen with continuous increase of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Well it was hit on all fronts, dao, attacks, hacks, forks...I think if it hits $7 it would be a good time to start buying if you are not already accumulating already. The reason is that this is the long trendline from before the DAO. Yes it can go to $5-6 depending on BTC rally but to me that's a steal. It all comes down to long term potential and BTC can't be the only blockchain ruling the world, they complement each other perfectly and the market will eventually react to that.

Plus, BTC will be dumping soon, not sure what's the top but we are very close, when that happen you will see ETH shorts getting rekt and the bounce will be epic to 150k and above (it could still come down after that though).

Nope, not accumulating. That's a sucker's game at this point imho. Waiting for the big move, as I said recently, with the intention of selling the rebound.

I'm not shorting ETH at these prices really, too risky, the money was already made shorting it from above 0.02...now the tide will change. Bitcoin will touch $800 (even $820-850) and then dump, mark my words. ETH can still go to 600-800k during this time.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

legendary
It is funny to see that even though ETH has dropped significantly in the last days the price of it is still higher then it was when OP was made. To be more precise it was 0.0066 BTC in February 6 and it is 0.011 BTC now. Idk what will happen in the future, there are chances it will drop even more, but for now OP was right - ETH was cheap then, compared to today's price.

You shouldn't speak too soon, you know. 0.01 is breached and volume is still lacklustre. Zooming the chart out to the 3D or 1W, this is following the pattern of a classical crypto bubble.

legendary
It is funny to see that even though ETH has dropped significantly in the last days the price of it is still higher then it was when OP was made. To be more precise it was 0.0066 BTC in February 6 and it is 0.011 BTC now. Idk what will happen in the future, there are chances it will drop even more, but for now OP was right - ETH was cheap then, compared to today's price.

You shouldn't speak too soon, you know. 0.01 is breached and volume is still lacklustre. Zooming the chart out to the 3D or 1W, this is following the pattern of a classical crypto bubble.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Maybe moving some % of BTC into ETH is a good diversification strategy, while it's cheap?

The Ethereum is till the second most popular crypto currency. There is nothing fundamental wrong with it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
Maybe moving some % of BTC into ETH is a good diversification strategy, while it's cheap?

legendary
R3CEV is more Hyperledger/IBM related as far as I know, Ethereum is backed by other single companies like Reuters, JP Morgan, Santander and Microsoft. They have been collaborating but R3CEV doesn't have much to do with the EF.

I just don't see it as positive for any coin relying on such institutional support. That includes XRP as well.

So sub $5 coming? ... always said so, it went too quick from less than $1 to $20 ... needs to consolidate in 50cents to $2 range for a few years first.

I can see why you don't trade.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
So sub $5 coming? ... always said so, it went too quick from less than $1 to $20 ... needs to consolidate in 50cents to $2 range for a few years first.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
eth price looking like Amazon in Y2K... hope it comes back up we got 15% of the WINGS allocated for ETH supporters. Won't be good for the project if this continues like this.

I've gathered 340 ETH since last wee, i could have saved hundreds if i bought today but yeah it will go up. it will be back later. as always.
but you gotta wait for awhile until bitcoin stabilizes after these hykes.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
eth price looking like Amazon in Y2K... hope it comes back up we got 15% of the WINGS allocated for ETH supporters. Won't be good for the project if this continues like this.
legendary
Maybe after a few more hard forks, the Ethereum will become better and the big institutions will use it so the price will rise.

Haven't a lot of the big banks pulled out of R3CEV recently? That's not going to buoy confidence in their commitment to the Ethereum Project.

R3CEV is more Hyperledger/IBM related as far as I know, Ethereum is backed by other single companies like Reuters, JP Morgan, Santander and Microsoft. They have been collaborating but R3CEV doesn't have much to do with the EF.
legendary
Maybe after a few more hard forks, the Ethereum will become better and the big institutions will use it so the price will rise.

Haven't a lot of the big banks pulled out of R3CEV recently? That's not going to buoy confidence in their commitment to the Ethereum Project.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
It seems that way, this last issue was just too much for the market really, fork after fork, attack after attack. Yes it all remains the same and they work out every one of them but it's getting tired with no real good news in the horizon. Bitcoin is also dumping, if it was close to $800 the price of Ether would be around those levels already if not below.

The chart has looked bearish to me for a while. The rise up to Devcon lulled people into a false sense of security - the perfect precondition for fear. I'm expecting a big move with BTC50,000+ volume on Polo, but for now I wait patiently.

I don't think there's a fundamental reason on the drop per se, at least long term, it's just a very bearish trend with no actual good news (and plenty of "bad"). Everybody wants it "cheap", we all know there are a lot of smart devs working on it, perhaps the best in the world and there is a lot of interest from huge companies, not just nods but they are actually working together (JP Morgan, Microsoft, Reuters). Not to mention the endless tokens and startups that compose Eth ecosystem.

But short term, unless there are some very good news to reverse it. I agree this is all for the better if Ethereum wants to succeed eventually. Forks are just like system updates for them and they are trying to ironing all bugs out before moving forward. Fundamentally different from Bitcoin but both blockchains could just be the future and not opposites, they definitely complement each other. We can't rely on only one.

legendary
It seems that way, this last issue was just too much for the market really, fork after fork, attack after attack. Yes it all remains the same and they work out every one of them but it's getting tired with no real good news in the horizon. Bitcoin is also dumping, if it was close to $800 the price of Ether would be around those levels already if not below.

The chart has looked bearish to me for a while. The rise up to Devcon lulled people into a false sense of security - the perfect precondition for fear. I'm expecting a big move with BTC50,000+ volume on Polo, but for now I wait patiently.

I don't think there's a fundamental reason on the drop per se, at least long term, it's just a very bearish trend with no actual good news (and plenty of "bad"). Everybody wants it "cheap", we all know there are a lot of smart devs working on it, perhaps the best in the world and there is a lot of interest from huge companies, not just nods but they are actually working together (JP Morgan, Microsoft, Reuters). Not to mention the endless tokens and startups that compose Eth ecosystem.

But short term, unless there are some very good news to reverse it. I agree this is all for the better if Ethereum wants to succeed eventually. Forks are just like system updates for them and they are trying to ironing all bugs out before moving forward. Fundamentally different from Bitcoin but both blockchains could just be the future and not opposites, they definitely complement each other. We can't rely on only one.
legendary

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Next support looks like ~$7. will probably coincide with BTC0.01.

To some extent, the fork could be a good way to improve the coding. But is there fundamental problem with Ethereum?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
As  i  observe on eth  too  it stabilizes  its price somewhere  on  10-10.5$ which  is   low  already compared to  its previous price  of $15 each  but  still  its  high  though. Same as  others think  here  this is the  lowest  price of   eth  thats why  its  ideal to  buy  more eth  now   and  i think  this coin would  really have a good  potential  on   longer terms  just  like what  happen on  bitcoin  when  it was just starting.

If the ZCash price stablise in the $10 range, it means the initial investors into the ZCash developer company will lose money.

I feel the same way, ETH could still go lower but you are pushing your luck, this is the time to buy before there is any sort of big announcement. It didn't dip below $10, just temporarily. Hey I would love to get it below $5 but that's not gonna happen unless there are devastating news (like actual devastating, much more than a fork/hack like the DAO!).

The price in terms of BTC is a steal too, which was in pump mode for the last month like I called it. Bitcoin won't cross $800 price anytime, every year it appreciates a little but people expecting 1, 5 or 10k per Bitcoin now are deluded.

BTC will level out at $650 or so, it's way oversold already and if the stock market continues to be bullish we'll see it drop along with gold.

Is Ethereum going to hard fork again? If the next hard fork can solve many problems, the price could rise.

Yes a new hard fork is in the works, I don't know much about the details but it will be a major update not just some hotfixes against recent attacks. I think they will add functionality for Swarm which is Ethereum decentralized storage solution, so this could be another milestone depending how it goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5afory/update_hard_fork_block_number_delay_10312016/

Due to continued rigorous testing that is being conducted across multiple client implementations of Ethereum, we are going to need to delay the announcement of the upcoming hard fork block number. Sorry for the delay. The development teams across the ecosystem are working very hard to make sure everything will go smoothly. An update specifying a block number will follow. Thanks for your patience.

For technical details about the changes in the upcoming hard fork, reference this post.
Pages:
Jump to: