Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 60. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Seems blockchain related currencies / developments can grow freely for now, not having regulation as a big hurdle / cost:

http://www.reuters.com/article/eu-blockchain-regulations-idUSL5N17P4I4
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
In more pressing news, ETH just broke the previous low of .0165. While there is possible support around 0.015, I personally see this going down to the .0120s now.

I am not so concerned. The low price could reduce the mining hash rate growth. The difficulty is too high now.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
In more pressing news, ETH just broke the previous low of .0165. While there is possible support around 0.015, I personally see this going down to the .0120s now.

I agree this is a losing game if BTC keeps it up like this. Plus there's not much interest on ETH right now. I think an amazing entry point would be around 100-120k like you said. If the price goes even lower you can consolidate later on, I doubt it but hey, if BTC passes $500 then all bets are off.

There are a lot of altcoins at discounted prices, if BTC reverses in the next days or weeks the people buying right now could double or triple their money. I really don't know what's behind BTC rise.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Could you enlighten me with the knowledge of ETH that you have?
What had been the maximum price of ETH over the years according to you?
Please express your opinion properly before putting any allegation on anybody!
And bitcoin is divisible upto 8 Decimal places whereas ETH is upto 18, that the reason why I have made that point,do not post anything just because you have to post it.
If you have any doubt on divisibility of ETH, you can refer this

Read the chart at Poloniex: 13 March 2016, 0.0372 ETH/BTC. Any other figure is poppycock - and I care little, if in some incredibly illiquid market, some numbskull once paid 0.05 for 1 ETH. We might as well say that Bitcoin reached 47,900 USD.

Being able to split a transaction down to only one thousandth of a cent is not a problem, any more than pennies or cents are a "problem".

Who cares what you care about? I made that post only because you put an allegation on me that I was plucking figures from thin air. I was only interested in showing you the stats which made me quote my statement.
legendary
And bitcoin is divisible upto 8 Decimal places whereas ETH is upto 18, that the reason why I have made that point,do not post anything just because you have to post it.

Read the chart at Poloniex: 13 March 2016, 0.0372 ETH/BTC. Any other figure is poppycock - and I care little, if in some incredibly illiquid market, some numbskull once paid 0.05 for 1 ETH. We might as well say that Bitcoin reached 47,900 USD.

Being able to split a transaction down to only one thousandth of a cent is not a problem, any more than pennies or cents are a "problem".

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
I moved some BTC into ETH some time ago. It made some nice rewards. I'm happy, thank you.

yeah, a lot of us are grateful for the ethereum pump which was a huge pump this year. but this is restricted to those who have bough ETH before the pump and maybe during the next set of rises in the dips. but remember there are a lot of newbies that got dumped on because they got hyped up and bought while it was a bad time.
Activity: 280
I moved some BTC into ETH some time ago. It made some nice rewards. I'm happy, thank you.
ETH seems to be a  good investment. Though it has fallen in past fortnight but there is some potential in this altcoin, it has even reached upto a value of 0.05BTC and there are speculations that it might go back to that height. After ETH has solved some problems associated with bitcoins like it has provided much better divisibility as compared to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is divisible currently down to 100 millionth of a unit, and this limit can be increased ad infinitum if necessary.

Also 0.05... are you just plucking figures from thin air?
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
The closer you look at ETH; the more questions you will have. 

The best thing ETH has going for it is that most people will never read the whitepaper or review any of the code.

I'm betting in 6 months there will be a nerf announcement; which drastically reduces what ETH will actually do.

The Ethereum is mainly for the smart contracts. Will that senenario reduce that that specific function as well?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
The closer you look at ETH; the more questions you will have. 

The best thing ETH has going for it is that most people will never read the whitepaper or review any of the code.

I'm betting in 6 months there will be a nerf announcement; which drastically reduces what ETH will actually do.
Activity: 294
ETH seems to be a  good investment. Though it has fallen in past fortnight but there is some potential in this altcoin, it has even reached upto a value of 0.05BTC and there are speculations that it might go back to that height. After ETH has solved some problems associated with bitcoins like it has provided much better divisibility as compared to bitcoin.

If the smart contract using Etheruem becomes very popular, then Ethereum can be very useful, the price will rise.
legendary
ETH seems to be a  good investment. Though it has fallen in past fortnight but there is some potential in this altcoin, it has even reached upto a value of 0.05BTC and there are speculations that it might go back to that height. After ETH has solved some problems associated with bitcoins like it has provided much better divisibility as compared to bitcoin.

Bitcoin is divisible currently down to 100 millionth of a unit, and this limit can be increased ad infinitum if necessary.

Also 0.05... are you just plucking figures from thin air?
Activity: 252
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
So now everybody know it is not about demand it is all about hype..
is always about hype, dont think Lisk or Waves are not the same thing , they just create something that you and me will probably never use in real life, the value of this thing is just determined by the person who has mostly volume of the coin, Hype is Hype all people here alrady know how the game works
Activity: 266
Im at the point where im not sure if its the bullish trend of bitcoin thats causing a drop in eth price or if its just a normal market correction after being pumped so high. Time will tell now weather it continues to drop or holds steady/rises again.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
You still have not noticed that 100% of users that have shown interest in ETH are simply into it for the profit ?
What does that tell you ?

I appreciate your guys incessant "market analysis"
but it means fuck all when your so fucking stupid you can't see the the obvious and MOST important point.

adoption ..

Creating infinite new accounts and making one liners with grand predictions is only
going to fool the profiteer dregs for a limited time before they get bored and wander off
..looking for "profits" else where.

Wanna play the game ? Then learn the game.

What am i hinting at ?

You know how many times i have seen people bash a coin because it's boring ?

Take Litecoin for example.. it's great and it FUNCTIONS as intended (as a currency)
But it does not captivate the greedy babies.

They are far more interested in "Jiggle Daddy's Keys" coin.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
ETH is doing ok, but it is definitely weaker now than it has been recently.

The thing is there are no interesting apps created by users that people want to take advantage of, and thus it continues to get circulated within the same community with little growth.

if someone comes up with something people really want to use, I can see the value slowly increasing, but right now it seems like it is being propped up by speculators rather than actual users interested in it. I could be wrong about that though.
legendary
All these dapps and yet gas consumption flat-lining since December, with avg. gas price trending down.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I've recently checked their dapps and there are a lot of new ones so things are moving along. To be honest I'm not impressed with many of you saying ETH bubble popped...it's still above $7-8 so I think it's doing quite ok. It's logical if you think about it because there haven't been much news lately at all, so that's even more impressive.

You should have been lurking around the goldbug circuit during gold's 2001-2011 bull market. Every time gold pulled back after a huge run-up, from 2006 onward and perhaps earlier, there were lots of folks who sais the "gold bubble" had "popped." By the end of the last decade, that talk was actually a running joke of the gold bulls - lots like the early-adopter Bitcoiners joke about the umpity-eleven times that Bitcoin was declared dead.
Pages:
Jump to: