Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 66. (Read 198796 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 250
just two time try to buy etherum,and yesterday i'm bought at 0.023  Undecided now its going down -17.85% on polonies,mad mad mad !!  Cry Cry Cry

This is approaching the bottom now imo - may have one more day of it, but that'll be it.

It will likely correct much further to 4-5 usd before either a small bull trap or dead cat bounce. I expect Eth to continue to capitulate to 2-3 dollars as we approach july. 

If it correct to $4-5, I will buy a lot. That is the cost of my mining. I am mining to get Ethereum at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Part of the reason is bad timing (investors will want to at least temporarily park in BTC for the halvening), part of the reason is Ethereum is losing its luster due to people wisening up, another reason is the advent of new clones and rootstock coming on board , and another reason is the fact that a majority of the coins were created for free or purchased at much cheaper rates where many investors will be tempted to take profits when they see eth sliding. What sustains a support is not just confidence but the average of where people purchased the coins at because many don't invest to sell for a loss. In this case most of the 79 million ether was premined or sold for much cheaper which gives a strong indication that ether could potentially and is likely to drop much further.

Your primary mistake is in thinking the relationship of those factors is a price of sub-0.01 during this wave down. It doesn't work like that.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
...another reason is the fact that a majority of the coins were created for free or purchased at much cheaper rates where many investors will be tempted to take profits when they see eth sliding.

That's a big reason right there. One of the interesting facets of bull markets is that they transfer assets from early-on buyers to relative-latecomer buyers. I saw this when I was watching the gold market when it was still in a bull phase. Some fellows who were prescient enough to buy at ~$300 decided to take their profits and run when it got above $600. Moreso, those early-buyers who cashed in their golden chips when gold hit $1000 in early 2008. When I belonged to a goldbug forum, I remember a guy who was a big bull & early buyer who cashed out his gold sometime on 2009. At that point, he through that gold at ~$900 was just too high to be sustainable. So, the bull market ended at ~$1900 in '11 without him. He was content to take his triple and run.

You see, everyone has a different thumbnail number for "scary high." And the interesting part is, the early bulls - because they got in cheap - usually have a low number for scary-high! So they tend to jump off the bull train, with profits in hand, long before the bull market cones to its final end. I've done this myself.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1035
All altcoins or at least a lot of them are being dumped like crazy.  today, yesterday, etc.  Any ideas ? 

The pumpers are taking profits in btc, what else is new with these testnet scams? Expect the sell off to continue as people hold for a potential btc bubble sometime this year.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
All altcoins or at least a lot of them are being dumped like crazy.  today, yesterday, etc.  Any ideas ? 
legendary
Activity: 1568
0.02 breached...

Pretty much an all-around bloodbath in alts today  Tongue

Yes it's all focused on ETH because it's obviously the main altcoin right now but if you take a look around all recent strong coins like MAID, FCT, DGB, SC,  XMR, etc are getting hammered even harder in some cases.
legendary
It will likely correct much further to 4-5 usd before either a small bull trap or dead cat bounce. I expect Eth to continue to capitulate to 2-3 dollars as we approach july. 

Based on what, how much you loathe it? We've had a good drop on good volume, you're asking for too much if you expect another -50% on this wave.

Part of the reason is bad timing (investors will want to at least temporarily park in BTC for the halvening), part of the reason is Ethereum is losing its luster due to people wisening up, another reason is the advent of new clones and rootstock coming on board , and another reason is the fact that a majority of the coins were created for free or purchased at much cheaper rates where many investors will be tempted to take profits when they see eth sliding. What sustains a support is not just confidence but the average of where people purchased the coins at because many don't invest to sell for a loss. In this case most of the 79 million ether was premined or sold for much cheaper which gives a strong indication that ether could potentially and is likely to drop much further.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
You guys get bored of this circle jerk or what ?
Another day and more of the same topic spam..
So uhh.. get any real world adoption?

You guys are boring and your scam coin is gay bullshit.

PS:
Go create an account over it..
legendary

Based on what, how much you loathe it? We've had a good drop on good volume, you're asking for too much if you expect another -50% on this wave.

legendary
just two time try to buy etherum,and yesterday i'm bought at 0.023  Undecided now its going down -17.85% on polonies,mad mad mad !!  Cry Cry Cry

This is approaching the bottom now imo - may have one more day of it, but that'll be it.

legendary

Activity: 294
legendary
0.02 breached...

Pretty much an all-around bloodbath in alts today  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
This could get ugly now

Pumpers already cashed out from polo. Don't average down if you hodl the bag. Dump and run away  Grin

https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=17irB8xLxhVRerCoUyypnmpoak3QBpVp2z
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Now is the perfect time to buy ether. it has been very solid and seems to want to go back up naturally.

The price has recovered some bit. The price is around 0.0237 now. So there is quite strong buying support.

Nope. 0.02 is next support level, and failing that I'd suggest it filling the gap between 0.018 and 0.016. Look for high volume. Should see a good bounce then.

The price is trading around 0.020x. If the 0.02 is broken, the price could go down to test the 0.015 level.
legendary

The main idea in crypto and blockchains technologies is decentralization, you can definitely run a clone for your bank or business institution and be done with it. However the future is in IOT and security will be very important, a standard platform needs to be in place. Plus why would you use a clone that will take a lot of money and devs to make and maintain when some of the best in the world are working on Ethereum and Bitcoin right now?

Ethereum is open source, a clone can be bootstrapped to a much wider audience, thus be more decentralized and more secure than Ethereum. A clone wouldn't take any maintenance to maintain as it could simply just leach off of Ethereum like classic is doing with core in bitcoin. The same is true for every DAPP. The only thing making Eth unique is PoW , and they will be throwing that away.

First there are no Dapps that make sense for solving a business problem at the moment. Secondly, one can easily make a more secure , more decentralized clone where BTC users get awarded free fuel instead of buying into speculators pockets.

So how do you suppose the Ethereum community will solve this dilemma?

The main idea in crypto and blockchains technologies is decentralization,

Decentralized blockchain "programs " make little sense. Please cite one hypothetical use case for needing a turing complete blockchain. You understand that satoshi and other BTC devs delibretely disabled most of btc's functionality on purpose, right? You clearly aren't a programmer if you don't understand how insecure a turing complete blockchain is and how one can easily game Ethereum to undermine the security of DAPPs.
legendary
Now is the perfect time to buy ether. it has been very solid and seems to want to go back up naturally.

The price has recovered some bit. The price is around 0.0237 now. So there is quite strong buying support.

Nope. 0.02 is next support level, and failing that I'd suggest it filling the gap between 0.018 and 0.016. Look for high volume. Should see a good bounce then.
legendary
Activity: 1568
I think right now a price lower than $5 for ETH is just too cheap because many are expecting to consolidate their stake positions and for less than $5 is just too cheap to do so.

The price of Eth should be a negative number until it finds a use case. As of the moment I cannot see any role for ether except being one of the most inefficient methods of running script. There could be a use case devised in the future, but than why wouldn't someone just use a clone with PoS instead?

The main idea in crypto and blockchains technologies is decentralization, you can definitely run a clone for your bank or business institution and be done with it. However the future is in IOT and security will be very important, a standard platform needs to be in place. Plus why would you use a clone that will take a lot of money and devs to make and maintain when some of the best in the world are working on Ethereum and Bitcoin right now?
Activity: 294

legendary
I think right now a price lower than $5 for ETH is just too cheap because many are expecting to consolidate their stake positions and for less than $5 is just too cheap to do so.

The price of Eth should be a negative number until it finds a use case. As of the moment I cannot see any role for ether except being one of the most inefficient methods of running script. There could be a use case devised in the future, but than why wouldn't someone just use a clone with PoS instead?
Pages:
Jump to: