Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethash DAG epoch RX470/480/570/580 FIX !! - page 14. (Read 151478 times)

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Are these Vega drivers working for 400/500 Series?
And is Dag fixed on them?

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/win10-64bit-radeon-rx-vega-software-17.30.1051-b6-aug7.exe

Activity: 416
Merit: 250
This driver is legit.

I run 6x RX480 Sapphire Nitro+OC 8GB cards. I get about an 8 Mh/s increase with it, from under 160 Mh/s to 168 Mh/s, dual mining with Claymore ETH and Siacoin.

I run a custom bios on all of them that has the 1750 timing straps copied to the 2000 and set the CPU downclocked to 1125Mhz.
I use a monitor emulator dongle and WattTool to drop the voltage -16 (100mv) and currently run the cards at 2070 Mhz.
I was previously only able to get 2050 Mhz before stability issues occured (daily hangs or reboots.)

Total power consumption as monitored by HWinfo/Corsair AX1200i is about 1000 Watts, so no increase in power draw.
HWInfo GPU memory errors are minimal and within acceptable range.
What Windows are you using, I can't install the drivers on windows 8.1
I can confirm that the driver works on Win10, sadly  Wattool doesn't work, Claymore command lines work only for frequency and latest MSI beta only works for frequency.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
16/09/2016   21.19.137.1   152.81 MH/s   (5x 25.57 + 24.96 MH/s)
27/07/2017   22.19.659.1   162.11 MH/s   (5x 27.13 + 26.46 MH/s)

http://i.imgur.com/DMHxBTq.png
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
does anyone else get hash drops on one card? when using one card it works great, but with 2 or more cards i get drops on one card

Memory errors, even if is not showing you have trust me you have that on that card. The only thing to do is decrease the memory clock and maybe the core clock or just a restart. Sometimes the memory overflows and a restart will help, to make sure nothing overflows then you need to decrease the memory clock and maybe the core clock, you need to understand that a cooled memory is unlike to have overflow, and what makes matters worse, some cards have a terrible issue with heat.

I have that kind of problem on Nvidia 1070 rig. With different coins too. On one coin memory clock is down to bottom at -500 and core clock is at +55. I just leave it like that...for now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
For eth and few other coins we have claymore but what about all alt coins as a whole, we need a tool for that and it needs to be open source.
Agree, we need good tool. Did someone found documentation or SDK for the new Overdriven API?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Bummer...going forward, WattTool will be useless anyway. As I said before, what we need is Claymore to update his miner so we can control clocks and voltages in the config file again!

For eth and few other coins we have claymore but what about all alt coins as a whole, we need a tool for that and it needs to be open source.
Activity: 487
Merit: 266
I think you'd have to ask over at overclockers.co.uk where you can download the tool.
The author is like 1 year offline and some guys already ask for source codes but with no luck.

Bummer...going forward, WattTool will be useless anyway. As I said before, what we need is Claymore to update his miner so we can control clocks and voltages in the config file again!
Activity: 12
Merit: 1

Many time I said, guys you don't need to worry, there is no any "hack" behind this, or anything like that, who don't believe in this, just ignore this driver, it is so easy.

For all who think that I stole their money by putting something in the driver, so that Clymore will mining for me, I just can say Hahahhahah! This is the best I hear so far on this topic.
Let me just say this, if, on some way, I made Clymore to mine for me, how the hell you have bigger hashrate, more shares etc.... ?!? WtF!

Once again, enjoy in this ! Who know when AMD will release fixed driver.
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I think you'd have to ask over at overclockers.co.uk where you can download the tool.
The author is like 1 year offline and some guys already ask for source codes but with no luck.
Activity: 487
Merit: 266
Anybody with WattTool source code? With that it's almost no problem to update it for the newest drivers.

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Anybody with WattTool source code? With that it's almost no problem to update it for the newest drivers.
Xtreme Monster
Wattool not working with these drivers, and probably won't work anymore even with official AMD drivers, if they leave the ADL as it is now on this  beta.
Wattool is not updated anymore, a long time ago.

Kind sad, such a good tool it was, if it was open source then it was active and getting updates every week. Who knows what happened to the author. It would be great if somebody could replicate it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
This driver is legit.

I run 6x RX480 Sapphire Nitro+OC 8GB cards. I get about an 8 Mh/s increase with it, from under 160 Mh/s to 168 Mh/s, dual mining with Claymore ETH and Siacoin.

I run a custom bios on all of them that has the 1750 timing straps copied to the 2000 and set the CPU downclocked to 1125Mhz.
I use a monitor emulator dongle and WattTool to drop the voltage -16 (100mv) and currently run the cards at 2070 Mhz.
I was previously only able to get 2050 Mhz before stability issues occured (daily hangs or reboots.)

Total power consumption as monitored by HWinfo/Corsair AX1200i is about 1000 Watts, so no increase in power draw.

Wattool not working with these drivers, and probably won't work anymore even with official AMD drivers, if they leave the ADL as it is now on this  beta.
Wattool is not updated anymore, a long time ago.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Don't undervolt in MSI Afterburner just set the clocks and fan speed there.

Undervolt in Wattman, it actually works.

At least for Win7
brand new
Activity: 0
This driver works, its true that wattman or msi ab dont work well, avoid headaches by modding the bios of your gpu, flash it and thats all.
if you dont know how to flash or you think that is too risky then you are not smart enough and your opinion about the driver doesnt matters
I will be glad to help if someone wants to learn Instead of criticize the work of others

Can you give me mod bios parameters. I am using rom bios as the image below. With the old driver, the rig is stable, after using the new driver, the temperature and power increase very high. I tried MSI AB and claymore config but all did not work.
Saphire 580 8gb Pluse (Hynix)

http://sv1.upsieutoc.com/2017/08/14/rrrr.jpg

Thank you
Activity: 3
This driver works, its true that wattman or msi ab dont work well, avoid headaches by modding the bios of your gpu, flash it and thats all.
if you dont know how to flash or you think that is too risky then you are not smart enough and your opinion about the driver doesnt matters
I will be glad to help if someone wants to learn Instead of criticize the work of others
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
BD People Are Legend
This driver is legit.

I run 6x RX480 Sapphire Nitro+OC 8GB cards. I get about an 8 Mh/s increase with it

There were modded drivers before what increased hashrate, did you benchmark for larger dag? it could just increase some hashrate when still not fix dag problem
Activity: 15
This driver is legit.

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
You trolls don't understand, this is the unofficial beta release. I have been playing with this driver for a while and I can say it has been pretty solid so far. It has few bugs here and there but I managed to figure many ways to deal with them.

Ditto.   I only have one rig with issues and it's fine if I run the default "pointers" in bios (ref 470's) instead of customized voltage.

Would like to try an offset in the bios but I haven't had any luck yet.
Xtreme Monster
From my point of view this driver was a great way to waste time.

Like the other guy said, if you dont know how to then dont waste your time cause is not easy to manage undervolting here, my friend had to pay me to do it for him. So if I were you I would wait tomorrow, if I'm right AMD will release the fix tomorrow.
Pages:
Jump to: