Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethash DAG epoch RX470/480/570/580 FIX !! - page 2. (Read 151478 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Guys, really?
This thread is 2 years old! Do not use these drivers either blockchain drivers both are obsolete! Use the latest Adrenaline drivers or those what your miner recommends and switch it to compute workload!

https://mining-bios.eu/guides-and-miners/bios-mod-faqs/#ac_7186_collapse4
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-024

From what I recall, you have to use these drivers if you want to mine with Windows 7. The latest AMD drivers version which support compute mode is only for Windows 10, there is no option to enable compute mode on Windows 7.

Even if you toggle the hotkey in Claymore to force it into compute mode, it won't work with Windows 7.

This is why its recommended to upgrade to Linux or Win 10, since another issue with Win 7 is that 4 GPUs are max. You can't use more than 4 GPUs which are the newer RX unlike the older Tahiti/Hawaii GPUs.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Guys, really?
This thread is 2 years old! Do not use these drivers either blockchain drivers both are obsolete! Use the latest Adrenaline drivers or those what your miner recommends and switch it to compute workload!

https://mining-bios.eu/guides-and-miners/bios-mod-faqs/#ac_7186_collapse4
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-024
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

Videocard RX 480 4 Gb, Win7.
What should be the hashrate on these drivers when mining ethereum?
Should there be a decrease in hashrate, or is this a normal hashrate?

Your speed should be around 28-29MH/s based on your shown settings and clocks. Are you sure you correctly installed the Robinhood drivers? You should do the install manually in the device manager. Refer to the first few pages in this thread for instructions.

I haven't tried but the newest version of Claymore automatically includes some AMD drivers which might get you the correct speed. Just make sure to enable the setting in the config of Claymore.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
this robbinhood guy is a legend hehe
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist

Videocard RX 480 4 Gb, Win7.
What should be the hashrate on these drivers when mining ethereum?
Should there be a decrease in hashrate, or is this a normal hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
Hi All,

Just found this thread here, im running windows 7 and the official blockchain driver does not seem to work for me. I followed all steps and the screen goes blank once i install the official driver! Sad

In this scenario, is it worth using these drivers? My cards still have the stock BIOS loaded on them.

Thanks!

yep, been using it for a while with my Win7 rigs Rx580/480's , they rock!

btw what's your GPU's

Whoops! My bad! I have 2x RX480 Sapphire Radeon 8GB cards, with stock BIOS and Micron Memory. I guess i should try out this driver then! Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Hi All,

Just found this thread here, im running windows 7 and the official blockchain driver does not seem to work for me. I followed all steps and the screen goes blank once i install the official driver! Sad

In this scenario, is it worth using these drivers? My cards still have the stock BIOS loaded on them.

Thanks!

yep, been using it for a while with my Win7 rigs Rx580/480's , they rock!

btw what's your GPU's

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
Hi All,

Thanks!
Activity: 21
Merit: 5
February 08, 2018, 01:04:36 PM
Amazing that people still talk about this after AMD incorporated this into their normal drivers
for at least last 5 releases

Hello.  From what I can tell so far.  They released it to work with that one specific version of the drivers and have neglected Windows 7 support for anything in the future regarding it.  I tried the directions posted and have yet to get it to work.  Manually forcing the driver update through device manager has failed.  I did update to the current drivers thinking that surely they've incorporated the fix and mining optimizations into the mainstream drivers for windows 7 through 10, they did not.  I'll dig around for the supposed 'mining option' in the drivers but have so far wasted my morning trying to get this to work.

I'm teetering on returning the card to where I purchased it and switching back to Nvidia's product lineup.  I have found their driver support to be far better.  IMO AMD may as well state that they don't care about the windows 7 OS anymore.

I really do hope I'm overlooking something and coming back to this later will allow the solution to reveal itself.  An extra 10 Mh/s would be nice.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

But before the installation of these drivers the temperature was shown without a problem although the monitor was connected to another card.
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
January 16, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
may be because monitor not plugged, or no card in pci-e x16
Activity: 2
January 16, 2018, 08:54:03 AM
Hello. I have a small problem with my ASUS RX570 4GB ROG OC card, and specifically after using the drivers from this thread does not show me the temperature of the card in the GPU-z. Is it normal?
Activity: 1
January 13, 2018, 09:47:09 PM
Amazing that people still talk about this after AMD incorporated this into their normal drivers

The new drivers has a mining option but not for Vega cards. Windows7 and Vega here Sad
Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
December 30, 2017, 07:09:22 AM
Activity: 7
Merit: 2
December 30, 2017, 06:41:18 AM
Are these drivers still to be preferred over the latest beta blockchain drivers?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
November 30, 2017, 10:45:58 PM
One of your GPU's is probably causing the driver installation to hang. Uninstall the drivers with DDU in safe mode and click the setting to disable the Windows automatic driver installation. Install only one card on the main PCI-E x16 slot and install the AMD blockchain driver.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

After the driver setup completes shutdown and connect two more cards to the motherboard. Start the computer and wait until Windows detects the cards and installs the drivers automatically. It may take a while for the cards to show up in Device Manager. Wait and confirm in the Windows Task Manger there is no running instance of the Driver Installation Module running. Once the Driver Installation Module is no longer showing in Task Manager, shutdown and repeat the process connecting two cards at a time until all the cards are shown in Device Manager.

If you have RX 470/480 or RX 570 cards You will then need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check with a modded Bios to remove the Code 43 error in Device Manager before the cards will work. Just run the patcher, reboot and verify all the cards are shown in Device Manager with no errors.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
Activity: 112
November 30, 2017, 10:36:39 PM
For me drivers dont work... I have Mainboard Asrock H110 Pro BTC, 10 cards (6 x sapphire RX580 8GN special  edition snd 4 MSI RX580 8 GB armor Oc). Blockchain beta driver causes bluescreen showing atikmpag.sys Anybody have  ideas how to solve?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 27, 2017, 02:02:59 PM
I LOVE YOU !!!!!

but another problem (i had it before)

after press start.bat on claymore

I got 27/22/22/22/22/22/

only one gpu mine with 27mhash (as i said i had this problem before, and sometimes i got 2-3 cards do 27, rest 22 or even 19

after close claymore and run again just now
i got full 6x27 (all cards)

also one more

- after few hours, usually 6-8-12 or even few times after 24-48hours

one card slows down to 22 (randomly, sometime gpu3, sometimes gpu5 or other)

i run 6x 470 4gb 1100/1950 with voltages 970/970 - i run even at 950/950 or 1050/1050 - doesnt matter

Activity: 1358
Merit: 267
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
November 27, 2017, 01:59:25 PM
Uninstall the drivers with DDU in safe mode and click the setting to disable the Windows automatic driver installation. Install the AMD blockchain driver.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

I installed these drivers

works ok for month

after month windows decided update and after that i got 22mhash

i want to change mobo anyway and put new ssd on in it so OS as well

I installed fresh win10 64bit

but windows installed 17.7 crimson relive on it

I try to update to robinh00d drivers but not work

windows said - best driver is already installed

WTF

You can simply prevent Windows from updating the driver of a particular device (in this case, a video card) by its ID. How to do this is described in this article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.06.grouppolicy.aspx
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
November 27, 2017, 01:37:27 PM
Uninstall the drivers with DDU in safe mode and click the setting to disable the Windows automatic driver installation. Install the AMD blockchain driver.

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
Pages:
Jump to: