Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethash DAG epoch RX470/480/570/580 FIX !! - page 6. (Read 151478 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Can someone just post a clear How To for undervolting a 5xx card with these drivers in Win 10?

I can get them undervolted in Wattman but one reboot and its lost. Need bios undervolt instructions or some clear method. I read one guy was successful with Aug 11 drivers and Trixx.

there is no universal fix for this, something that works with one card, may not work with an other.
So if you read this thread from page 1, and try out everything that is written, i  am sure you will succeed in undervolting with these blockchain fix drivers.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
just undervolt it with bios mod.. so it is permanent regardless the driver...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Can someone just post a clear How To for undervolting a 5xx card with these drivers in Win 10?

I can get them undervolted in Wattman but one reboot and its lost. Need bios undervolt instructions or some clear method. I read one guy was successful with Aug 11 drivers and Trixx.
Activity: 798
Merit: 116
yes driver work but 200w plus in 5 rx 470 rig.. too much i'm wainting for a new release
Just modify your bios, these drivers need a little bit tweaking but it works great Wink

can you explain me of to set bios valuee.. i know atiflash polaris etc. no problem.
my problem is if i have -mvcc -gmcc 870 in claymore what is the equal value to se in bios?
Activity: 350
Merit: 103
have full control of mem and core clock with full control of downvolt
this is the cause of instability. Try changing BIOS  firmware directly.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Even with 2 cards?

My hardware is:

Asus z270p
Intel Celeron G3930
8GB Ram
SSD 120GB
Evga 1000w G2

I have another Rig with the same PSU running 6x RX480 at 27.9 mhs (dual)

I guess you did not understand what I said, psu means power so take a look at the voltage first if the voltage of card 1 same as card 2 then whatthehell if not then whatnoobami? that will give you some experience troubleshooting it.

Its not that he didnt understand you, its that you don't understand you.  PSU = Power Supply Unit
Activity: 51
fucking unstable robinhood driver -.-
amd Blockchain also unstable  on Win10.
I got the best stably only on Win7.

im on win 7 and i have full control of mem and core clock with full control of downvolt, with old drivers my rigs work like a charm  but with robin drivers sometimes are stable sometimes very unstable with weird behavior sometimes make a lot of incorrect shares
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
you have to set voltage and clocks in BIOS.

Even if you set at bios, there are always one or more cards that will be auto set with a higher than set voltage at bios, now who knows why it happens, is bullshit. I mean go set 950, it will come as 1022, go set as 900, it will come as 980 so who knows, most of the time it comes right though, all these blockchain drivers are buggy. Also if you set with a low voltage thinking it will come with a higher voltage then the cards will crash at start. So there is no hope for this driver yet.
Activity: 111
I'm testing the beta drivers, my Radeon RX470 mining edition goes from 24mhs to 28mhs with AF beta but when I add more than 1 card all of them drop to 24.58 mhs.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.
It's becouse MSI Afterburner can't hold the clocks with AMD blockchain drivers. Everytime when you change it apply just for one card, other ones always working at stock settings. You have to set voltage and clocks in BIOS.
Xtreme Monster
Even with 2 cards?

My hardware is:

Asus z270p
Intel Celeron G3930
8GB Ram
SSD 120GB
Evga 1000w G2

I guess you did not understand what I said, psu means power so take a look at the voltage first if the voltage of card 1 same as card 2 then whatthehell if not then whatnoobami? that will give you some experience troubleshooting it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
i like reading everyone complaining how these drivers don't work for them, and there are my rigs hashing at full speed with these drivers for about 3 weeks now.  Grin
Activity: 93
I'm testing the beta drivers, my Radeon RX470 mining edition goes from 24mhs to 28mhs with AF beta but when I add more than 1 card all of them drop to 24.58 mhs.

Thanks.

That seems a psu problem.

Even with 2 cards?

My hardware is:

Asus z270p
Intel Celeron G3930
8GB Ram
SSD 120GB
Evga 1000w G2

Xtreme Monster

Thanks.

That seems a psu problem.
Activity: 93

Thanks.
Activity: 350
Merit: 103
amd Blockchain also unstable  on Win10.
I got the best stably only on Win7.
Activity: 29
yes driver work but 200w plus in 5 rx 470 rig.. too much i'm wainting for a new release
Just modify your bios, these drivers need a little bit tweaking but it works great Wink

I had some problems with bad shares after the upgrade and had to increase the voltage to get rid of it in one GPU.
But didn't see a big wattage increase.

Probably you'll have to tune the GPU up again.

But there is a Beta version from AMD already fixing this.
Use the AMD clean up utility before installing new beta version.
Activity: 111
Activity: 51
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
just keep waiting. I am afraid you will wait for new release for eternety, AMd will not provide updates for "blockchain" driver.

They just updated the driver Aug 23rd, but the only thing confirmed sofar is a slight boost and better OC for VEGA cards.
Activity: 91
Well its is not up to AMD anymore. Devs for AB or miner need to fix and use new drivers api.
Pages:
Jump to: