Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum: 2017 vs 2019 - page 2. (Read 2464 times)

Activity: 482
Merit: 117
November 05, 2019, 12:37:49 AM
ETH was good bet if you ask me, in the past, I have seen many get rich over night with Eth. But now, it is going nowhere, personally I have invested some amount in Eth and have hopes that it will recover somewhat, but I don’t see that happening any lately.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
October 30, 2019, 05:11:32 PM
I do not see why you think this is sad, if you had sold at 1500 and then bought ethereum for 200 you will have 7.5x your original amount of ethereum which is not a small profit at all, I know many believe in holding their coins no matter what but the evidence strongly suggest that if you know how to trade you could multiply your money even faster and this is an example of this.

Do not look at crashing markets as something bad, they are an opportunity for the smart investor to buy their favourite coins for a cheap price, and in the case those coins reach their all time high again then you will have even more coins from which you can extract even more profits than if you were just holding your coins.

I know someone who held their ETH -- bought like a year before it hit ATH, had a chance at insane profit, and instead held every single coin hoping for even more. I think we are talking about a chance at 300K profit now reduced to about 50K. So for folks like that, or those who bought in at ATH, I can certainly see it being very sad for them.

I'm only have a small amount myself, purchased some over the summer using trading profits (as well as converting some of my dying alt scraps into ETH) -- not enough ETH to get worked up about however. So I'm not in the sad ETH boat ... however I can understand why many may be.
That is definitely a bad scenario but at the same time when such things happen to you then a chance appears to change whatever mistake you made, while I did not lost anything close to that kind of money during the last bubble I lost some when I invested in an ico and that triggered in me the desire to learn as much as I could about the markets, and while I am by no means a perfect trader or investor I think I have reached a high enough level that I can use to protect my capital and to obtain profits as well.

This means that when the next bull market comes I will be ready to take all the profits I can while suffering as little losses as possible.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
October 29, 2019, 05:09:56 AM
Very much different comparison eth 2017 vs 2019, I do not understand the coin-class eth that is so big down in price, I also already swap to BTC, should price ETH 10% or 5% of the price BTC. But I'm sure ETH fore will return to the price of $1000.
The comparison between Ethereum 2017 vs 2019 is very different and even to reach half of 2017 alone cannot, and 2019 will end soon and hopefully 2020 Ethereum will reach the highest price.
2019 is a bad season for Altcoin or Ethereum and but what I'm seeing now is that an increase in bitcoin has brought Altcoin to a move, and unlike before, the increase in bitcoin makes Altcoin far and unmoving and hopefully this bodes well for Ethereum and Altcoin in years 2020
2019 is already failure concerning Ethereum project, and the only saving grace for them for this year is when bitcoin makes a surprising move as it is doing now to reach a peak for this year like $15k to $29k, and that is how we can see Ethereum really increase in value and that is about value, but what is of more concern to me is the Ethereum project itself in the long run.

Ethereum is meant to be an investment for a very Long-term because of the nature of their project, which we have all believed in the product that is making them to gain so much relevance and value until the product’s image became tarnished by scammers, and until I think ICO is fully revived again before Ethereum may really reach another milestone again for us to see another bright future in that 2020.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
October 28, 2019, 03:57:36 AM
Very interesting comparison that analyzes holding ETH in 2017 vs holding it today... https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/hodling-ethereum-2017-vs-2019/

Thoughts? I'm super happy to have swaped all of my ETH for BTC to be honest

You are among the lucky ones who have exchanged ethereum to bitcoin. If you buy ethereum bitcoin at this time, surely you will get ethereum in more quantities. Indeed, currently storing bitcoin is still the main choice amidst the continued dominance of bitcoin
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 28, 2019, 02:01:59 AM
Very interesting comparison that analyzes holding ETH in 2017 vs holding it today... https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/hodling-ethereum-2017-vs-2019/

Thoughts? I'm super happy to have swaped all of my ETH for BTC to be honest

There are a lot of years to go so don't lose hope by holding eth because if the bitcoin pump the ethereum will also pump soon but for now it not happen. So don't lose hope because ethereum wont gone.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 28, 2019, 12:52:36 AM
Seriously this year cannot be compares to years back especially the year 2017 which was the year of great miracles for altcoins and Bitcoin. This year has been a dwindling year for altcoins which ethereum happens to be the king and queen. Although, there is gains for the raise of ethereum even though it cannot be compares to the 2017. We hope the upgrade to 2.0 will give us the needed chance to believe in ethereum as the Queen of Altcoins.
we can only expect developments in ethereum 2.0 at this time. although I am not very sure that the development of ethereum 2.0 can exceed the development of ethereum in 2017, but it is worth waiting for. so many developments that occurred in 2017 that support the development of ethereum, and for now, of course, the comparison is quite far because right now prices are still recovering. however, the best price that can be achieved this year is most likely $ 350. well, it doesn't even reach half the price of ethereum in 2017.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
October 28, 2019, 12:42:32 AM
Ethereum have changed through time. Changes in the market affect the price of both. There was even a time when both pumped so hard and reached their peak prices and then time came when they both fell hard. But I think bitcoin can be more volatile.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 27, 2019, 09:26:15 PM
Very much different comparison eth 2017 vs 2019, I do not understand the coin-class eth that is so big down in price, I also already swap to BTC, should price ETH 10% or 5% of the price BTC. But I'm sure ETH fore will return to the price of $1000.
The comparison between Ethereum 2017 vs 2019 is very different and even to reach half of 2017 alone cannot, and 2019 will end soon and hopefully 2020 Ethereum will reach the highest price.
2019 is a bad season for Altcoin or Ethereum and but what I'm seeing now is that an increase in bitcoin has brought Altcoin to a move, and unlike before, the increase in bitcoin makes Altcoin far and unmoving and hopefully this bodes well for Ethereum and Altcoin in years 2020
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
October 27, 2019, 08:58:27 PM
Activity: 661
Merit: 251
October 27, 2019, 06:29:18 PM
That website is annoying, and using the term 'whales' in journalism shouldn't be allowed unless they're referring to the mammal. 
If the article is correct, tho, it is kind of scary. 

ETH is owned by just 376 whales and they control 33% of Ethereum’s circulating supply.

Imagine if those whales got cold feet and decided to sell all at once.  They would be insane to do that, but it could happen.  I'm just not sure if I can trust those numbers.
Despite what the article says, I'm pretty confident that Eth is a good long term hold and I do own some.  It's already a great altcoin and I don't think anything is going to change that anytime soon.

Unfortunately, everything is striving for centralization, whales are everywhere.
This ratio is not good, but not completely critical.
In many altcoins, most of the funds are also in hands of whales and market makers.

I learnt that bitmain and its accomplices hold over 30 percent of bitcoin. Now that China has openly quoted its need for cryptocurrency and blockchain, i believe cryptocurrency is gradually tending towards centralization because that the only way it can be fully monitored and managed by the centralised bodies
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
October 27, 2019, 02:58:18 PM
That website is annoying, and using the term 'whales' in journalism shouldn't be allowed unless they're referring to the mammal. 

ETH is owned by just 376 whales and they control 33% of Ethereum’s circulating supply.

Imagine if those whales got cold feet and decided to sell all at once.  They would be insane to do that, but it could happen.  I'm just not sure if I can trust those numbers.
Despite what the article says, I'm pretty confident that Eth is a good long term hold and I do own some.  It's already a great altcoin and I don't think anything is going to change that anytime soon.

Unfortunately, everything is striving for centralization, whales are everywhere.
This ratio is not good, but not completely critical.
In many altcoins, most of the funds are also in hands of whales and market makers.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
October 27, 2019, 02:53:35 PM
Seriously this year cannot be compares to years back especially the year 2017 which was the year of great miracles for altcoins and Bitcoin. This year has been a dwindling year for altcoins which ethereum happens to be the king and queen. Although, there is gains for the raise of ethereum even though it cannot be compares to the 2017. We hope the upgrade to 2.0 will give us the needed chance to believe in ethereum as the Queen of Altcoins.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
October 27, 2019, 02:45:21 PM

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
October 27, 2019, 02:28:39 PM
I think that Ethereum will begin to move up after the first quarter of 2020. Now many are cautious in anticipation of the transition to Ethereum 2.0. I hope that the transition will be successful, and after that the uptrend will begin.
There are maximum predictions that show positive future of crypto currencies including bitcoin and popular altcoins. There is no one or not even a single person that is not expecting positive phases in the journey of famous crypto currencies. The transition of ethereum has maximum chances to bring new hype in the market, offering people something great that would ultimately increase buyers of ethereum.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 26, 2019, 03:07:13 PM
the first reason I think many ETH competitors, like the TRX example (tron). ICO projects are slowly dying / almost non-existent at the moment. its replacement is IEO, where what is needed for funding is not ETH anymore, but coins from the exchange. the third is the trend flow. ETH peak in 2017 because at that time the ICO season when it was using the ETH platform and now in 2019 turned around, not the current trend. in my opinion,,
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
October 26, 2019, 02:28:19 PM
Bitcoin and Ethereum both suffered a drop of 80%. But Bitcoin was able to jump back and could gain 50% of what lost. But ETH got stuck at below $200 levels. Moreover, all the alrcoins suffered more as compared to Bitcoin. But ETH could be a good option if you are looking for short term gains as ETH will activate Istanbul mainnet on 4 Dec. This might pump the price before the mainnet launch. It is a system wide upgrade and is gaining a lot of hype.

Great analysis yes Ethereum is stuck under $200 and going through bear market from over a year's period and for me Ethereum getting into bear market itself was surprising because it was resistance to dump and it looks like people had shifted huge amount to bitcoin but still Ethereum remains as most preferred altcoin in the market and ready to break all the barriers once again.
Activity: 1020
Merit: 253
JangaCams.com
October 26, 2019, 02:23:06 PM
Bitcoin and Ethereum both suffered a drop of 80%. But Bitcoin was able to jump back and could gain 50% of what lost. But ETH got stuck at below $200 levels. Moreover, all the alrcoins suffered more as compared to Bitcoin. But ETH could be a good option if you are looking for short term gains as ETH will activate Istanbul mainnet on 4 Dec. This might pump the price before the mainnet launch. It is a system wide upgrade and is gaining a lot of hype.

eth is currently not yet beginning to show growth in prices properly but I personally believe that eth will begin to grow, and this is only a matter of time. I hope that the mainnet in the future will be able to make eth grow to follow the potential of bitcoin at this time because eth has been home for quite a long time at that price and has not shown a more specific price development
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
October 26, 2019, 02:16:27 PM
of course there is a big price difference between eth 2017 and eth 2019. eth reaches a peak in 2017 when it costs $ 1500. and now the eth price is under $ 200. very sad but this is the crypto market. high volatility can provide large profits but can also experience large losses. but I'm still optimistic about eth because eth is a potential coin.
I do not see why you think this is sad, if you had sold at 1500 and then bought ethereum for 200 you will have 7.5x your original amount of ethereum which is not a small profit at all, I know many believe in holding their coins no matter what but the evidence strongly suggest that if you know how to trade you could multiply your money even faster and this is an example of this.

Do not look at crashing markets as something bad, they are an opportunity for the smart investor to buy their favourite coins for a cheap price, and in the case those coins reach their all time high again then you will have even more coins from which you can extract even more profits than if you were just holding your coins.

I know someone who held their ETH -- bought like a year before it hit ATH, had a chance at insane profit, and instead held every single coin hoping for even more. I think we are talking about a chance at 300K profit now reduced to about 50K. So for folks like that, or those who bought in at ATH, I can certainly see it being very sad for them.

I'm only have a small amount myself, purchased some over the summer using trading profits (as well as converting some of my dying alt scraps into ETH) -- not enough ETH to get worked up about however. So I'm not in the sad ETH boat ... however I can understand why many may be.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
October 26, 2019, 11:48:34 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
October 26, 2019, 10:34:28 AM
Ethereum is still in my watchlists, Ethereum increased 8% today and it seems that the market is now recovering. Ethereum today is in bear market and it is the reason why its price is gradually declining.
Pages:
Jump to: