Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 15. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
September 03, 2018, 07:26:36 AM
It's a threat in the sense that I think ETH is very likely to overtake BTC in the future.
Yes, you are right that ETH will take over bitcoin and that is a huge threat, but it takes a very long time.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 03, 2018, 07:20:26 AM
Ether is the threat to btc but this doesn't mean that they won't be able to exist together. to my mind, btc will be the leader along with ether. it is obvious that both coins are the best and have pros

Why do you also support the position that Ethereum is a kind of a threat for Bitcoin? It is not! ETH and BTC are different - they coexist well, and they are not rivals in the market of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
September 02, 2018, 05:23:23 PM
I think that they are both taking different paths in what they were determined for so no i believe that ether is not a threat.

Although despite my previous comment I do believe that ether may become the more popular coin overall!
Activity: 33
September 02, 2018, 05:21:23 PM
i don't think it is a threat, they're on the "same boat"
Activity: 139
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
September 02, 2018, 05:16:11 PM
I do not think that he threatens the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency that will live forever. The etherium platform is used to create altcoyins, even in this crypto currency, without committing commission for the transaction. But he will never hesitate to take the first place.
Activity: 98
September 02, 2018, 11:54:23 AM
Currently, ethereum is no threat to Bitcoin. While it is highly expected that ethereum appears in close competition with Bitcoin. The realization of this expectations might take many years to be fulfilled
Activity: 56
September 02, 2018, 11:48:58 AM
I don't think that Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and it is the first cryptocurrency in the world and it has already created its own value but ethereum is the second postion in the cryptopcurrency market and having the highest value among other altcoins.

Actually no one can predict the coins in a market if Ethereum coin is a big threat for bitcoin or by the time when Bitcoin down Ethereum will definitely takes place, right? as we know that Bitcoin is the king and first coin decentralized currency. If ever there is coins are need to be erase automatically altcoins will be the first deleted. Your thought?
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
September 01, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Well, I doubt it really is a threat. As they have basically different purposes and ideology from the start.
I would say Bitcoin is more like a store of value and Ethereum is likely then to be a medium of exchange. Those are the functions which of money described in economics books.
Activity: 234
September 01, 2018, 05:52:13 PM
Ethereum and bitcoin cover different niches within crypto-currencies, ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin in my opinion
Activity: 432
September 01, 2018, 05:48:22 PM
Many have been said about this and i don't know why people are finding it hard to accept that no altcoin can surpass Btc. We may try to do all sorts of comparison just to make our points sweeter but I do hope by now we should know that sepite the numerous flaws people say about btc, it still controls the market. How can Eth surpass Btc when Btc greatly affects its market performance.
Activity: 392
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
September 01, 2018, 05:44:50 PM
In my opinion I think its not a threat to btc. All these altcoins came to meet btc and they are also making a good project and I think its good but those coins are not threat to the mother coin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
September 01, 2018, 05:42:44 PM
Will for me ethreum is not a threat on bitcoin. It is just ethereum want to be a first in crypto. Even all crypto currency they want to passed bitcoin but bitcoin is to strong to passed
copper member
Activity: 616
September 01, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
I don't think that Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and it is the first cryptocurrency in the world and it has already created its own value but ethereum is the second postion in the cryptopcurrency market and having the highest value among other altcoins.

Activity: 206
Merit: 2
August 31, 2018, 10:35:26 PM
Why people talking like there is a war ? it's pointless to race with each other , at least not like this because i think this affect it negative way.
Activity: 6
August 31, 2018, 09:03:21 PM
I have realized that Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins are both promising but even if ETH will pass BTC, it doesn't mean that BTC will fall.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 31, 2018, 10:31:49 PM
actually it may not be like that. However, it is because this is a bitcoin coins first and the most good. Then all the coins in the market, it becomes very dependent with bitcoin.
Activity: 140
August 31, 2018, 10:27:21 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

No I don't believe this.  I believe we are talking about different sports.  Maybe Bitcoin is Lebron James and Ethereum is Jeff Gordon.  For me they cannot really be compared. 

True, we're talking about two different coins with different technical functionality. So there's probably no point of comparison between the two, however when you look at it from the perspective of being an investment, there's where the competition arises.
Activity: 476
August 31, 2018, 10:05:43 PM
I don't think so. Ethereum and bitcoin are what makes cryptocurrency well-known to the world. Well in fact no one can replace bitcoin as being the most top of all cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
August 31, 2018, 09:58:26 PM

If you check it might happen but if you want to reduce the Bitcoin throne in my opinion it's very difficult or impossible, but we also don't know what will happen if the year goes on Bitcoin continues to fall ,,
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 31, 2018, 09:41:19 PM
i dont think so. bitcoin is legend

So true. They may be have the same characteristics and similarities but they should have the different purpose. At the same time etc would need to run long way to reach for the bitcoin. Bitcoin is more popular and that is an advantage. As long as the coin functions that is the thing that is important.
Pages:
Jump to: