Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 8. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 2
TREEBLOCK.io
October 04, 2018, 06:49:32 PM
In my own opinion, I don't see any reason why ethereum should be a threat to bitcoin, the both coins are different, ethereum is smart contract platform and bitcoin is a digital currency that serves as a hold for value, so since the both coins are different in their own way, I don't see any threat they pose to each other, had it been that bitcoin is a smart contract platform too then i will say they pose threat to each other, but bitcoin is not, so no threat.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
October 04, 2018, 06:33:12 PM
I do not think that Ethereum will ever be able to surpass bitcoin. bitcoin is too popular all over the world.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
October 04, 2018, 06:30:04 PM
after a long time ethereum continued to be in the second position of bitcoin, I did not see that ethereum was a new threat to bitcoin, although ethereum was very popular and predicted to be bitcoin in the future but I have not seen any significant development from ethereum to be a threat to bitcoin

Not only this past few days that while the market is still down, something went like crazy as Ripple took over ethereum's place in the second position in a couple of times but still, Ethereum stays in the competition and took back its place again. With that, Ethereum has proven that it can always fight back and that more are really backing up than any other alt coins out there.
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 06:22:45 PM
I am sure that in the next 5 years nothing and no one threatens bitcoin and no one can threaten! Bitcoin was a leader, there is a leader and there will be a leader still very long!
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
October 04, 2018, 10:43:34 AM
after a long time ethereum continued to be in the second position of bitcoin, I did not see that ethereum was a new threat to bitcoin, although ethereum was very popular and predicted to be bitcoin in the future but I have not seen any significant development from ethereum to be a threat to bitcoin
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 10:33:47 AM
I don't know why your point of view is like this. Ethereum is always an aid to Bitcoin and cannot exceed Bitcoin. Remember what I said.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com
October 04, 2018, 10:22:16 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Hm, can't agree with you. If you analyse the situation on the market you'll see that eth has dropped 3 times since May 2018 and btc lost only around 25-30%. So who is now the king of the jungle?
Another issue is that bitcoin does not have all this functionality that made ethereum so popular over the past year, so we should get our popcorn ready and watch the clash of two titans.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
October 04, 2018, 10:16:27 AM
I also think that next year the capitalization of the Ethereum will surpass the capitalization of bitcoin. Ethereum has a great potential due to the wide application of its platform for the functioning of decentralized applications. Yes, over the past month, the price of the ETH has decreased, but this should be considered only as an excuse to buy as many coins as possible, because in the future the price of Ethereum will only rise.
Activity: 602
October 04, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
Not a bit. Bitcoin is not threatened at all, I'm sure of it. And will not be threatened for a very long time. Bitcoin is already a precious metal among securities. At the moment, everyone uses bitcoin only as a means of storing and multiplying values.
Activity: 336
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 04, 2018, 10:08:14 AM
Well it could overtake Bitcoins market cap, don't really see it as a threat though as they're both focused on doing different things.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 04, 2018, 10:04:53 AM
Ethereum’s perceived threat to Bitcoin is not a simple comparison of relative worth, then. There are essential differences to what each does and while Bitcoin is currently synonymous with cryptocurrencies in the minds of the public, as the market matures the value of both Bitcoin and Ether will be driven by factors other than the frenzied speculation which currently persists.
Activity: 160
October 04, 2018, 10:02:18 AM
I believe that ethereum is not as strong as Bitcoin to threaten it. I think that bitcoin is the best and everything is on his shoulder.
Activity: 182
October 04, 2018, 09:29:00 AM
I think that for the price of Ethereum will not overtake bitcoin never and capitalization are also very much in doubt as bitcoin dominates the market, but I think efiri can VideoGet correction and stay in second place !
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
October 04, 2018, 09:10:49 AM
What can it pose a threat to Bitcoin? It's like a wheel and a motor. Well, they can not interfere with each other. What are we talking about here?
Activity: 686
October 01, 2018, 04:40:26 PM
Ethereum does not pose any threat to Bitcoin. So far, there are no coins that could somehow compete with Bitcoin.
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
October 01, 2018, 02:55:11 PM
I think this is very unlikely. If ETH can threaten BTC, at least another few years. At present ETH is too low compared to BTC.
I don't see any coin dethroning Bitcoin. I like ETH but I don't believe that it will be able to take Bitcoin's place even in a few years.
Activity: 308
October 01, 2018, 01:07:48 PM
Cool metaphor. But I disagree with it. Nobody will dethrone Bitcoin. You can only become the first crypto ever once and all the coins after that won't be the first.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
October 01, 2018, 04:45:23 AM
I am glad that this competition is, but these coins work in different directions and each coin in its place shows good results despite the fall of the market.So I think Ethereum bitcoin is not a threat,it competes with healthy competition.
It will be for investors sake when this two project delivered, they've got different directions but really taking  good run even from this downtrend season
supporters still believing that in the near future both bitcoin and ethereum will showed good results, there's no real threat but a profitable competitions it's up to investors how to take the advantage choosing each coins that they will hold as an assets to this growing cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 770
October 01, 2018, 02:02:19 AM
I am glad that this competition is, but these coins work in different directions and each coin in its place shows good results despite the fall of the market.So I think Ethereum bitcoin is not a threat,it competes with healthy competition.
Activity: 375
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 01, 2018, 02:02:12 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
i do not think so. in my own opinion, both are helping each other to become a greatest coin. whether the ethereum is number 1 or 2, it really helps the market to grow even more.
with the State of the Ethereum money keeps increasing able to bring valuable coins into Ethereum and into profits that continue to disrupt the development of the Bitcoin. In addition with the progress of the Ethereum owned Ethereum became able to bring talented coin to take over other coins.
Pages:
Jump to: