Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 112. (Read 116501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
bitcoin is the future of crypto whether you like it or not, and it is on its way. but that doesn't mean nothing else can be in this future alongside bitcoin!

Saying Bitcoin is the "future of crypto"...
Is like saying gold is the "future of money".

Bitcoin will always be a good store of value, but as a real-life currency it's failed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Lot of people in here swimming in the biggest river in egypt.

Isn't it about time you opened your eyes and got out of the river and leave egypt all together?  Time to buy ETH right? Surely?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
No one is going to care about smart contracts soon...the world economy is in free fall..BTC is a safe haven like precious metals there are a few other projects that could be used as safe havens like BTC... eth will just die like the rest.
eth the future...that joke isn't even funny
Bitcoin does something that fiat can't do..that gives it value...what does ETH do that BTC can't...nothing..so whats it worth in reality..not much...now a project that aimed at a niche market that BTC is moving away from could be a success in the future..but anything competing with BTC will fail...BTC can do everything eth can do if it wants...but their are somethings BTC can never do if it wants to become mainstream...thats what other projects are for  Wink I'm sure you can guess that project.

Well said here.

BTC still king.  Just wish it was faster lol.

I am fine with the 10 mins first confirmation time. But it should not take much too long. So the block size has to increase.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
No one is going to care about smart contracts soon...the world economy is in free fall..BTC is a safe haven like precious metals there are a few other projects that could be used as safe havens like BTC... eth will just die like the rest.
Bitcoin does something that fiat can't do..that gives it value...what does ETH do that BTC can't...nothing..so whats it worth in reality..not much...now a project that aimed at a niche market that BTC is moving away from could be a success in the future..but anything competing with BTC will fail...BTC can do everything eth can do if it wants...but their are somethings BTC can never do if it wants to become mainstream...thats what other projects are for  Wink I'm sure you can guess that project.

Well said here.

BTC still king.  Just wish it was faster lol.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Keep holding onto to Myspace, keep holding.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Activity: 54
bitcoin is the future of crypto whether you like it or not, and it is on its way. but that doesn't mean nothing else can be in this future alongside bitcoin!

That is right. Bitcoin is the future of currency. Ethereum is different. It is the future fuel for the internet based business.

I don't understand a whole lot about using Ethereum since it's one of the more difficult cryptos to get into however I really admire the work they've put into creating a unique coin which would actually benefit humanity a lot.

In the next few years I really think Ether will definitely be up there but with obviously a more niche market.

The Etheruem is quite unique as it is being used in various projects by big companies. There are also DAOs.

While i believe ETH is here to stay i don't think it can surpass bitcoin still. DAO is indeed revolutionary but I'm not sure if it will help the rise of ETH.
as a matter of fact DAO nvestment can be pulled out when users don't approve projects.

I think so. Bitcoin is a currency. Ethereum is mainly a few for the computing network or the smart contract system.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617

That is right. Bitcoin is the future of currency. Ethereum is different. It is the future fuel for the internet based business.

I don't understand a whole lot about using Ethereum since it's one of the more difficult cryptos to get into however I really admire the work they've put into creating a unique coin which would actually benefit humanity a lot.

In the next few years I really think Ether will definitely be up there but with obviously a more niche market.

The Etheruem is quite unique as it is being used in various projects by big companies. There are also DAOs.

While i believe ETH is here to stay i don't think it can surpass bitcoin still. DAO is indeed revolutionary but I'm not sure if it will help the rise of ETH.
as a matter of fact DAO nvestment can be pulled out when users don't approve projects.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Activity: 444
Merit: 250
would like to buy ETH this time for just a specific purpose only.. i don't want to install a wallet for it though can you guys recommend me an eth online wallet?

You can choose between these 2 ETH web wallet if you want.

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

https://ethereumwallet.com/

Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
would like to buy ETH this time for just a specific purpose only.. i don't want to install a wallet for it though can you guys recommend me an eth online wallet?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is fine, and will be fine. It's up for Ethereum to fight for survival. So far it made some progress, but there are a lot of uncertainty.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Does anyone here have an intelligent argument for why or why not Ether will succeed? Other then incoherent bias remarks i mean.

When the Ethereum is used by many people or companies in make smart contracts, it will be regarded as successful.

Ethereum has been used in the Slock DAO. There are about 2.5 million of Etheum locked in the ICO or IPO.
Activity: 27
Does anyone here have an intelligent argument for why or why not Ether will succeed? Other then incoherent bias remarks i mean.

When the Ethereum is used by many people or companies in make smart contracts, it will be regarded as successful.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Don't expect that in THESE forums..  Roll Eyes (or ANY of Bitcointalk for that matter)
Activity: 9
Activity: 48
Bitcoin will always be king of crypto in my opinion

Bitcoins the daddy of em all

yes bitcoin is considered as the king of crypto currency and it will remain the king forever and if someone is of the view that bitcoin will be replaced by ethereum then he is at wrong as ethereum do not have that much potential that it replace bitcoin.

That is right. As long as the bitcoin is developed furhter and adopt good points in other altcoins, it will live forever.
Jump to: