Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 116. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
you joking right, there is heavy premined on ethereum, and i'm guessing that you are in contorl of a great amount as well

bagholders calling their currency better are hilarious
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Nice call. I believed this as well and it paid off extremely well.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Ethereum may be the future but don't forget that bitcoin is the foundation of crypt world. So I don't think, Ether will not be able to priced like bitcoin ever. But Ethereum certainly has a nice future and also the price is sky rocketing nowadays. So I have also started accumulating this coin but not stopped accumulating bitcoin. Bitcoin will make it big one day.
Activity: 119
No reason to think there only has to be one crypto currency which will gain mainstream acceptance. In my opinion the trend of the future will be cryptos like BTC and ether taking market cap from fiat currency, rather than competing with each other.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I think both the Bitcoin and the Ethereum are useful. They are full different purpose but can be completemetry to each other.
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
The bitcoin is the future of the crypto currency. It can be used in many applications including the smart contract system.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
THIS IS BULLSHIT
IT PURE MANIPULATION ON ALL COINS!! GET A GRIP

Edit: I know becausew,i know this
Activity: 896
Both of them are the future of the crypto. We might include a few others, such as Monero, that is good for anonymous transactions.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Ethereum foundation is one of the richest organisations in crypto.  Not only do they have a lot of ETH and BTC they also have loads of direct VC funding.

It is also a huge open source community and growing quickly. Devs love it because you can make a shitload of cool apps on it. They give out grants as well

I don't think it will ever suffer from a lack of development.

It lacked of funding a few months ago and concentrated on the core development. They stopped many to survive a year.
Activity: 686
programming languages with formal verification systems backed by state-of-the-art theorem provers

Ah so Vitalik does realize there is a problem like the sort I am pointing out. But perhaps he has not yet realized that even 100% dependently typed scripting won't fix the problem I am claiming is inherently insoluble.

I would like to hear comments from Vitalik on this. I have not seem him answer these questions directly.
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Ethereum foundation is one of the richest organisations in crypto.  Not only do they have a lot of ETH and BTC they also have loads of direct VC funding.

It is also a huge open source community and growing quickly. Devs love it because you can make a shitload of cool apps on it. They give out grants as well

I don't think it will ever suffer from a lack of development.

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
When it becomes a community project like bitcoin at present, the future of the Ethereum can be manipulated by a few core developers.

Is there any solution to this problem?

You can clone it and start a more fair version.

eth alts will be many

I am sure those clones will also have funding problems.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
When it becomes a community project like bitcoin at present, the future of the Ethereum can be manipulated by a few core developers.

You can clone it and start a more fair version.

eth alts will be many
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

Activity: 206
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
programming languages with formal verification systems backed by state-of-the-art theorem provers

Ah so Vitalik does realize there is a problem like the sort I am pointing out. But perhaps he has not yet realized that even 100% dependently typed scripting won't fix the problem I am claiming is inherently insoluble.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
I would not want to bet on Ethereum's future.  

Once the money runs out and Eth becomes a community project(as Vitalik has already stated) things will get very quiet on the Ethereum front.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/09/28/the-evolution-of-ethereum/

"The foundation and its subsidiaries alone simply do not have the manpower to push the entirety of this vision through to its ultimate completion, including proof-of-stake driven scalable blockchains, seamlessly integrated distributed hash tables, programming languages with formal verification systems backed by state-of-the-art theorem provers and dozens of categories of middleware, all by itself; although the foundation and its subsidiaries can, and will, continue to be the primary driver of technology at the core, a highly community-driven model is necessary and essential, both to help the Ethereum ecosystem maximally grow and flourish and to establish Ethereum as a decentralized project which is ultimately owned by all of humanity, and not any one group."
I will dedicate a considerable amount of my time to FUDing

The free promotion will be much appreciated.
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
I heard some companies is going to build a smart contract system based on Bitcoin, will that also not work?

Rootstock.io does and they just got funds...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/coinsilium-investment-rootstock/

More junk.

When are you going to bring out the perfect crypto?  I can't wait til you code that piece of crap.  I will dedicate a considerable amount of my time to FUDing it down from a great height, assuming you ever get round to doing anything apart from type out useless paragraphs of mental masturbation on these forums.
I heard some companies is going to build a smart contract system based on Bitcoin, will that also not work?

Rootstock.io does and they just got funds...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/coinsilium-investment-rootstock/

More junk.

Btw, Sergio had an error in his DAG white paper. He isn't perfect.

I guess investors don't yet understand the a programmable block chain can't be partitioned thus it can't be scaled. Eventually these Blockstream guys will realize I am correct.
Jump to: