Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 59. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
it does have a point as well and to anticipate it happens then if we have two paths then we better skip all together.
like if we do business in crypto currency problems that movements are very fluctuating and significant then we also have to work on a job that is certain even though the income is not too promising at least we have no handle in economic problems if the work on the currency cryto is harming us tomorrow. so we will feel calm and avoid the things we do not want before. game will resume.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
You are wrong because Bitcoin is the king of Crypto world and It will always be in the first position. Ethereum is good but it cannot reach at bitcoins price. Many people use Bitcoin and Ethereum both for there trading but Bitcoin is always all in one. Eth is a popular altcoin, But Bitcoin is the best and many country acccept bitcoin for there business. So I think Bitcoin is the future of crypto and Bitcoin will increase more and more in this year.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
According to last market behaviour BTC is very strong now. I suppose it will grow up to $25k in 2018 pretty easy. So bitcoin won't disappear or be dumped in future.
About eth. I'm waiting huge pump soon. I believe that it's very undervaluated now.
that Bitcoin will grow in price, it is unequivocal, but I doubt very much about the village of these figures, because I still can not understand What is the value of Bitcoin. All its prices are practically soap bubbles.
Activity: 238
According to last market behaviour BTC is very strong now. I suppose it will grow up to $25k in 2018 pretty easy. So bitcoin won't disappear or be dumped in future.
About eth. I'm waiting huge pump soon. I believe that it's very undervaluated now.
Activity: 27
I agree that Ethereum is the future of crpyto undoubtedly but in my opinion Bitcoin too, in this crypto world till now no one replace Bitcoin and i believed that in near future also there is no replacement to BTC. Ethereum is the most trusted and great potential coin which has the capability to give you a beneficial success in future.

I agree with that. We may add Bitcoin Cash as well. It has faster transactions and low cost.
Activity: 74
I agree that Ethereum is the future of crpyto undoubtedly but in my opinion Bitcoin too, in this crypto world till now no one replace Bitcoin and i believed that in near future also there is no replacement to BTC. Ethereum is the most trusted and great potential coin which has the capability to give you a beneficial success in future.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Santa Coin
Your "crazy" prediction 1.5 years later does not seem so crazy and in fact is just around the corner. I will play devils advocate here and ask why can't both be the future of crypto? Bitcoin will be the payment system and Ethereum will be the smart contract system. They can both co-exist I don't get why it has to be one or the other because it seriously does not have to be.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I don't think Ethereum can beat bitcoin, because bitcoin is a reference value to all alternate cryptocurrency.

And in the other side they have different function so it's not fair to compare that.

Maybe Ethereum has a potential to come up but for them overpowering Bitcoins would be like impossible .
Activity: 753

I believe that there is no need to talk about this now and choose, because both Ethereum, bitcoin and all crypto-currencies are the future and each coin takes its place in the market.
Activity: 238
I thought this, I hold Etherum since summer, but it was bad choice, better choice was Bitcoin :/
Given the current price of these coins ($1 025,75   for Ethereum and $9 009,04 for Bitcoin), I don't think you made such a bad choice. I think you will change your mind in a while
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
I thought this, I hold Etherum since summer, but it was bad choice, better choice was Bitcoin :/
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
What the fuck is this? Resurrecting an old thread?! Anyway, necessity is the mother of invention and at this day and age where we can move information anywhere in the world, it's about time we can move value across the internet. Bitcoin made that possible. But the problem is that Bitcoin is limited to simple transactions, the world needs more than that and Ethereum is aggressively tackling that problem right now while Bitcoin development is stalling - segwit implemented after 3 years and adoption rate is still not 100%.
Activity: 518
What an outstanding and accurate description of price of ether! Many of the brain in cryptocurrency are actually some of the finest in the world
 Imagine someone investing wholeheartedly based on this advice, such person may have more ether than Vitalik. Ethereum seem to be future indeed.
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Really interesting reading the first post today. People back then would never have guessed that an Ether would be over $1000 now.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum each have their place. Ethereum isn't even trying to be a currency so it's not like they are competing.

I get where you're coming from but ultimately all crypto is competing against each other. And I don't think just because ethereum offers smartcontracts it couldn't be used as a currency as well.
Activity: 109
Really interesting reading the first post today. People back then would never have guessed that an Ether would be over $1000 now.

I think Bitcoin and Ethereum each have their place. Ethereum isn't even trying to be a currency so it's not like they are competing.
Activity: 490
I'm not sure if ethereum is the future of krypto and not bitcoin. I think bitcoin will still lead, because he's a pioneer of crypto currency. Ethereum will always be behind the bitcoin.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
This post was almost three years ago and used to hype people to get on board in Ethereum. I am a fan of both cryptocurrency but i believe Ethereum cannot replace Bitcoin because they have different function and purpose. Bitcoin today is now a store of value (like gold) while Ethereum's function is to cater utility token to be beneficial in the future.
Activity: 58
I also think that ethereum is better than bitcoin in the future, so I prefer ethereum for long-term investment, whereas bitcoin is only medium and short term
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
bitcoin is way ahead of etherium right now, But I think etherium has the potential to offer higher profit margins to its holders compared to bitcoin in 2018.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
Though ethereum is popular and being trusted by people nowadays but one thing is for sure that not as widely as BITCOIN.Widely i mean to say is the number of people following BITCOIN are much much more than any other altcoin.So its really very difficult to beat BITCOIN.
Pages:
Jump to: