Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 72. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Do note that Ethereum is alot younger than Bitcoin and ETH has already done so much more. I do believe Bitcoin will get replaced sooner or later.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I believe that unless Cryptocurrencies have become an absolute mainstream currency Bitcoin will not be replaced by anything else.

Bitcoin is the mother of all coins, and for it to be surpassed by anything it will be quite a while. And to be frank, I don't think the coin that will surpass it even exists yet.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
What I am hearing a lot is that Ethereum has simply become an ICO generator. That's about it.
Activity: 434
The Exchange for EOS Community
It is undeniable that ETH has the potential to take the place of BTC (if BTC will be dead soon).
Most of the ICO's tokens today are ERC-20 compliant which makes ETH even more reliable and popular.
I really want this alternate coin to be the next big thing but for now, BTC will continue to dominate.
ETH could only wish for it while BTC is still around.
Activity: 130
for now the "network" effect and bitcoin "brand" has a huge advantage in drawing new buyers. 

But it won't last forever if it doesn't improve.
Activity: 54
every year we hear this talk, but nevertheless btc is still much stronger, it seems unlikely that eth will catch up
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
Bitcoin will always be the most important crypto IMO.
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
When the ICO rush is over, ethereum will go down too, i suppose
Merit: 12
the future is now and theres a lot of vulnerabilities in ethereum so dont expect it will come true.
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
ethereum will never beat bitcoin because they are made in difference purposes,
that eth suppose to support bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Bitcoin is not competing with ethereum. They are created for different purposes. Bitcoin is the first virtual currency and the king of crypto currencies created to be used as an alternative to fiat currencies .Ethereum is created base on block-chain that support bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with bitcoin  We the users and lovers of this crypto currencies are the ones creating  the competition between them. The fact remains that Ethereum can not overcome bitcoin.

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Ethereum can not be a competition to Bitcoin. BTC is more profitable than Ethereum.
Yep, because this thread was made 2 years ago. So, the speculation isn't true so far.

I will still invest in bitcoin, because as you can see as the time goes by the bitcoin price is still increasing.
What do you mean by "invest" then?. Hold the Bitcoin is not "invest" while invest is you have to spend your money for a stuff and wait till the price goes up.
Ethereum never take over Bitcoin, just imagine what would happened when Bitcoin never exist?. I'm really sure Ethereum never created, so don't ever compare these 2 coins.
Activity: 183
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
its your own thinking not for all....okey i should have to staying in altcoin section with ether..for you the best. bitcoin is mother of crypto currency do you don't know about it. okey carry on with altcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Yes there is ethereum
The first Bitcoin stops during popularity
But the Eth actual working better than Btc
Activity: 420
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

I hope that it will be so, but it is certainly very hard to believe in this .. the bitter has long been on the leading positions, I'm not sure that at the moment he has some competitors ... and they even have to get involved?

I hope that it will be so, but it is certainly very hard to believe in this .. the bitter has long been on the leading positions, I'm not sure that at the moment he has some competitors ... and they even have to get involved?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Bitcoin is seen as a holder of crypto values while eth is more about making smart contract. They have very different purpose. I do understand why people say eth is the future as they have things that bitcoin dont have. And they have dev team, so the dev team is able to work on the development faster.

That's right many contracts have been using an ethereum tokens but I don't seem to see it promising as of now, mostly those tokens at dumping stages of value. Actually it seems people who collects this token didn't trust it due to the declining value of ethereum itself, and in fact eth nowadays went down so bad of its price. Still no crypto currency can beat how bitcoin managed to surge of its price now.
Activity: 366
This will continue forever as a myth. But in terms of growth bitcoin will not be surpassed by ethereum. The market capital might increase with its volume of generation. Lot of changes is gonna happen in the future and same as that bitcoin serving as an Alternative to traditional currency, ethereum will serve as an alternative to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
I also think like opponent. Ethereum will hit good price levels if dust of parity news get settled. I hope eth developers will not accept another fork in order to unfreeze multisignature contract addresses.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
There is no way an altcoin like ethereum should be compared to a bitcoin. Both are used for different purposes. Bitcoin is mostly used as digital payment while ethereum is for smart contacts. Both have good potentials despite of price differences. What's the point of comparing the two? Altcoins can provide good profits as much as bitcoin can. Both are wonderful coins so let us stop comparing them.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
Sticking to Etherum big time. Soon it will overtake bitcoin mark my words!
no i don,t think so because Two stupid threads alone today from trollypop. Why the mods allow newcomers to start threads or even bypass newb jail is beyond me. Market has changed so the troll is irrelevant at this point.
Pages:
Jump to: