Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 73. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is seen as a holder of crypto values while eth is more about making smart contract. They have very different purpose. I do understand why people say eth is the future as they have things that bitcoin dont have. And they have dev team, so the dev team is able to work on the development faster.

While many will compare the cryptocurrency aspect of both ethereum and bitcoin, the reality is that they are vastly different projects and have different intentions. Yes, I agree of your thought that bitcoin is a holder of crytocurrency while eth was features a smart contract. But i don't agree that eth is the future of crypto nor bitcoin.There are so many kind of cryptocurrencies nowadays so I don't think that this is a good idea to say that either of the two mentioned is the future of crypto.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
maybe in the future, but I am not sure I still alive  Roll Eyes but now really that Bitcoin is profitable than ETH
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Ethereum can not be a competition to Bitcoin. BTC is more profitable than Ethereum.
I will still invest in bitcoin, because as you can see as the time goes by the bitcoin price is still increasing.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
Bitcoin is seen as a holder of crypto values while eth is more about making smart contract. They have very different purpose. I do understand why people say eth is the future as they have things that bitcoin dont have. And they have dev team, so the dev team is able to work on the development faster.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
Who knows? May be both of this cryptocurrency are not the feature. There is a lot of issues to be fixed in these two currency. There have been development, both those development are still in early stage.
Activity: 221
Merit: 10
I think both bitcoin and ethereum have good potential in the future, but for today bitcoin is still the strongest and the choice of many people.
Activity: 70
Ethereum and bitcoin are different projects. Bitcoin is a crypto currency that you can use to buy other altcoins. Ethereum is an altcoin with an innovative technology and provides smart contracts and its block chain to generate tokens for new projects.

you can buy altcoins with ETH too
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
Ethereum has big scalability issues, cannot handle a real mass adoption. So I guess it will be surpassed by a next generation platform at some point. While Bitcoin will dominate for another while, but not forever.

There is no reason to blame Ethereum. The scalability problems are generally valid for bitcoin and other coins too. Not a special thing for only ethereum. In addition, ethereum gives a free environment to the developers so that they can deploy their smart contacts, but bitcoin has no such function.

I agree that Bitcoin has scalability problems too, and doesn't offer functions, and this is why it probably won't last forever. I am sure that at some point a platform will appear with same of better functions of Ethereum but not such scalability problems. And it will be game over for Ethereum then.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
As a newbie here, seeing all these contradictory comments is quite depressing.
Activity: 70
Ethereum has big advertising  Let's see what happens with this new coin / platform.But this is not very professional to have talk down about btc to promote any other coin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
i believe eth is future too. thats why i hold it despite the price drop down so much. believe ETH and gain profit from it. it will pumped up soon.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I wanted to go explaining but it's already clear that there is no coincidence of opinion, however, I still side with those, who support BTC instead of ETH- simply because it's a truly decentralized system, which uses blockchain not for advertising purposes, but for a reason
Activity: 76
Ethereum needs to regulate the quality of ICO and filter out the scammers if they want to have any good penetration in market else someone else could step in to bridge the gap and gain the power for bitcoin things looks quite good so far and as more new users are joining crypto bitcoin is first in their minds. More because failed ICO and launches.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
Ethereum is on it's way out sorry to say. Actually I'm not sorry to say, it was a speculative thing from the beginning and the only thing that came from smart contracts on the Ethereum network was the DAO hardfork and all these shitty ICOs created with the ERC20 token. Smart contracts existed before ETH and they exist today still. Multisig is a smart contract, that was BTC 1.5
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
Bitcoin is pretty much dominating the cryptocurrencies, I think the thread title is quite direct, and not valid at this point  Wink

Would like to see Ethereum come up more though.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
Ethereum is not the future of crypto. However etherum has good future like BTC. BITCOIN is the present and future of the crypto. Ethereum is the 2nd best crypto coin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
It's highly unlikely that Ethereum will take over Bitcoin, especially with Bitcoins current market value.
If everyone sells and Bitcoin starts to dump, then Ethereum has potential to be as good as Bitcoin.
Activity: 138
Powering Real Economy in the gaming world
I am new here. But I do have a little background about Bitcoin and Ethereum. I know how Ethereum has more features than Bitcoin. But logically speaking we know Bitcoin is still the toplist. All coins are just a clone of Bitcoin. They are created after Bitcoin. That is why, even they are far better than Bitcoin. I still hold onto Bitcoin. Bitcoin is still my King.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7bcmkp/another_parity_multisig_vulnerability_discovered/

yet more money lost to complications in the parity wallet.

sometimes simple is better.

bitcoin's job is to be as dumb and dependable as possible, ethereum is the opposite and that's why something simpler and more secure will take it over eventually. it's a prototype and more often than not they wind up discarded.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
Ethereum and bitcoin are different projects. Bitcoin is a crypto currency that you can use to buy other altcoins. Ethereum is an altcoin with an innovative technology and provides smart contracts and its block chain to generate tokens for new projects.
Pages:
Jump to: