Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 75. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
One can never accurately predict it. Still hoping for its price increase
Activity: 169
Merit: 13
I wish I could have read this thread in the early days. Now ETH is above $300, which is pretty much high. But I'll try to add as much as possible into my long term portfolio.
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
@damasked
Sticking to Etherum big time. Soon it will overtake bitcoin mark my words!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
For ethereum to have a future it needs to fix it's unlimited supply and not count solely on ICOs.
Activity: 24
Ethereum has big advertising  Let's see what happens with this new coin / platform
Activity: 224
Merit: 105
Ethereum has big advertising  Let's see what happens with this new coin / platform. From what I've read it's not even near to a competition to Bitcoin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
No! BTC and ETH is the best coin to invest! I still hold and buy it for next year!
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
The main factor of bitcoin still lead is because of the first, but ethhereum technology is better than bitcoin, I agree that ethereum's future will be better than bitcoin. various seminars say that the future prospects of ethereum are very promising.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Ethereum has big scalability issues, cannot handle a real mass adoption. So I guess it will be surpassed by a next generation platform at some point. While Bitcoin will dominate for another while, but not forever.

There is no reason to blame Ethereum. The scalability problems are generally valid for bitcoin and other coins too. Not a special thing for only ethereum. In addition, ethereum gives a free environment to the developers so that they can deploy their smart contacts, but bitcoin has no such function.
Activity: 18
I agree that Ethereum is the future of crypto as enables many more applications than Bitcoin. However, is Bitcoin visibility, media attention and adoption that will continue to drive growth in all other cryptocurrencies including Ethereum.
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
Ethereum has big scalability issues, cannot handle a real mass adoption. So I guess it will be surpassed by a next generation platform at some point. While Bitcoin will dominate for another while, but not forever.
Activity: 504
Merit: 107
👨‍👩‍👧‍&#
looking at etherum conditions now many people think that ethereum has a good future and that makes sense, but surely bitcoin will also be good because bitcoin is a more familiar coin
both have their own users each, and now bitcoin more users than the Etherium but it does not rule out the possibility that Etherium will also triumph like bitcoin
Activity: 224
Strategist
Yeah, ethereum really do have a future but i don't think it can surpass bitcoin. Ethereum will alwasy remain in the shadow of bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
looking at etherum conditions now many people think that ethereum has a good future and that makes sense, but surely bitcoin will also be good because bitcoin is a more familiar coin
Activity: 28
Ethereum, pah.
Activity: 294
opinion is not good because both would be the same way if ethereum good value must be bitcoin would be good also because bitcoin is a pure coin
Activity: 28
Wow OP was ahead of his time. I wonder if HOLD even now.  Grin

I wonder what other coins today being shilled here will be the next Ethereum 2-3 years from now?  Undecided

Activity: 210
Merit: 120
FYI - Ethers are as different from bitcoins as oil is from gold.  Ethereum platform is as different from the bitcoin platform as banking is from law.   OP is stupid.

But.  If bitcoin doesn't get it's political & scaling shit together it will eventually be overtaken.  

"Bitcoin is supreme because it's been around for six years.  Your shitcoin will never replace it - bitcoin is better."  

"Why is it better?"  

"Because it will always be the leader since it's always been the leader."

Bitcoin maximalists as a general rule give arguements that're as sound as the OP.
Definitely yes. Bitcoin is the heart and king of cryptocurrency, so its not good that one altcoin will compare to it. Ethereum is just depending on the price of bitcoin so they could not yet stand alone. Aside from that, the platform that ethereum has was different to the platform that BTC have. And even if the ethereum has a potential in digital world it couldn't surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
I think both will stand strong depending on what circumstance you're looking at.

Did anyone else see this chart comparing eth to cmt? https://medium.com/cybermiles/cmt-vs-eth-c7eea2b03632

A very interesting concept indeed that gives us insight into the future of ethereum

Now since you have pointed to CMT, can you summarize what exactly gentleman over there is try to convey (in simple layman terms please) to help noob like me Smiley
Activity: 236
Merit: 4
I think both will stand strong depending on what circumstance you're looking at.

Did anyone else see this chart comparing eth to cmt? https://medium.com/cybermiles/cmt-vs-eth-c7eea2b03632

A very interesting concept indeed that gives us insight into the future of ethereum
Pages:
Jump to: