Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 67. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 10
in my opinion all have a good future because both Eth and Btc the price is always increasing.

I agree with you. These coins do not compete with each other. Each coin is independent and has a good future. I'm ready to invest in both of these coins, because I'm confident that they have a bright future
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
in my opinion all have a good future because both Eth and Btc the price is always increasing.
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
Bitcoin is the first so could be the netscape/kodak/nokia if they don't keep innovating.
You already see ethereum develop/innovate faster but...

It all depends where the big constitutional investors will invest, that is where the real growth comes from in mine opinion

Yeah you right! it is all depends on the situations, but I think that this two has the future because this two is both cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
ETH sure has good future and a really great platform, but u cant say that bitcoin doesnt - its price is growing every day and it is still a number one crypto
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
We really don't know which is the future right now. But both of them stand a very big chance of adoption in the future. Considering the fact that ethereum price is still cheap, this moment might be a rare  moment of getting as many ether as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
Bitcoin is still the mother of all coins. Ethereum is widely used but it doesn't have a good reputation as bitcoin. I use ethereum and I love it for low transaction fees compared to bitcoin but let's just accept the fact that bitcoin cannot be removed in top 1.

I think you overestimate bitcoin. It is popular and it is the main reason why it is #1. It has old technology inside and it has a lot of problems with growing.

Ethereum is working consistently on scalability and they know what to do next. And I don't mention that 90% of the latest projects are based on its Blockchain which means that it has a great potential in terms of future demand in ETH and gas.

So, I believe it is a matter of a couple of years for ethereum to become #1 coin.

But I don't exclude that it could happen that there will appear a new coin that will take major place.
Ethereum is higher risk though. All the things you claim are on the roadmap, but nothing's a guarantee. Also, Ethereum is marred by a black spot of blockchain rollback in its past, so has a higher probability of being pressured by governments to do the same in the future, which is value destructive. Some of the issues with its smart contracts, like the Parity multisig, doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

I like Ethereum a lot, but let's not underplay the risks here.
Activity: 280
Yes Ethereum is the future of crypto because almost all new ICOs are made on ethereum base blockchain technology and smart contract and great opportunities for new altcoin but when you are talking about bitcoin that is showing the great demand in front of you, Bitcoin is more powerful digital currency and is much better then altcoins,
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
FrontEnd developer
From the point of view of technology ethereum really technology number one in the crypt. A huge community. Many companies that support ethereum. Let's imagine if Vitalik buterin will start to burn the ETH tokens. And make them 17 million in BITCOIN. The price will then be approximately 4000. and not 450 as it is now. I am sure investing in bitcoin and seen these huge numbers like 10000, began to invest in Ethereum and the price was close to 4000 thousand
Activity: 216
Merit: 250
Of course no, Bitcoin and Ethereum both of them are the future of crypto. They have different roles in the economy. So, they will increase together
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is still the mother of all coins. Ethereum is widely used but it doesn't have a good reputation as bitcoin. I use ethereum and I love it for low transaction fees compared to bitcoin but let's just accept the fact that bitcoin cannot be removed in top 1.

I think you overestimate bitcoin. It is popular and it is the main reason why it is #1. It has old technology inside and it has a lot of problems with growing.

Ethereum is working consistently on scalability and they know what to do next. And I don't mention that 90% of the latest projects are based on its Blockchain which means that it has a great potential in terms of future demand in ETH and gas.

So, I believe it is a matter of a couple of years for ethereum to become #1 coin.

But I don't exclude that it could happen that there will appear a new coin that will take major place.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
Your statement is stil a theory today,i dont think Ethereum will surpass the king,ETH is the right hand of the king so its not really bad coin.
Activity: 342
Merit: 108
Bounty Detective
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
I think bitcoin will be the future crypto and ethereum will be the second most great altcoin exist. We cannot predict what will be the price of both but we can wait to see what will be the result.
Activity: 26
I know that etherum is developing very well and its current value is close to 500 USD. But actually I think Etherum will not be able to replace Bitcoin in the crypto market. Because I think that many bitcoin investors will not want their assets in bitcoin to be lost.
Activity: 140
Both Ethereum and Bitcoin are the future crypto.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
ETHEREUM is indubitably has the next highest rank of cryptocurrency world. With a market capital of $43,354,545,173, ethereum may follow the lead of Bitcoin but i don't see it as the future of cryptos while bitcoin is still on the radar. That's quite surreal and we don't just even know that one of the altcoins in the cryptoworld may surpass ETH.
Activity: 133
BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System
Nothing to compare. Bitcoin and Ethereum have different functions. Bitcoin for payments and ETH for smart contracts.
Activity: 1764
I would not say it at the moment, because ethereum very hard developing, this was also with bitcoin, but bitcoin demand is much bigger and it is constantly growing, and ethereum demand is growing very slowly. If bitcoin will grows same like now, then ethereum will cant catch up with bitcoin. Need more investments in ethereum, need more advertising and need new functions for attracting people.
Activity: 215
The current infrastructure and roadmap just meant for Ethereum to succeed, it's about time considering the underlying power of their platform to capture all the existing industries and transform them into DAOs through various ERC20 project owners that working hard on it, scalability is crucial for crypto and nothing could just being released and was expected to be adopt by current businesses, once technologies around crypto is seriously ready for commercialized used, going up to half of BTC's price is certain i believe.

The next update will determine the future of ethereum. It's called as casper and it's about proof of stake system probably. It was not the exact future of crypto, but after it, it can be the future of crpto.
Activity: 28
I don't think so. With the Chinese government banning ICOs and shutting down bitcoin exchanges and even Jaimie Dimon was in on the act verbally trashing the cryptocurrency, one would have thought Bitcoin was dead, but it's stable now and still brings profit.
Pages:
Jump to: