Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 6. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
August 02, 2017, 02:32:04 PM
With the low eth rate at exchanges, the profitability is going down badly.
I cancelled my orders for more rigs...

I did the same. If the price do not recover, I will sell my rigs.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
August 02, 2017, 08:53:03 AM

[/quote]

I think it is still very profitable now.
[/quote] you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.
[/quote]

One of my personal rigs which consists only of 3 Nvidia cards I have switched it to Zcash mining with EBWF Zcash miner. I was running them in Nicehash for Ethereum mining but I don't think it's worth anymore. Zcash mining gives me 7-10 USD more for a card if the coinwarz calculator is right.
[/quote]

How you come on 7-10USD? Think you have a wrong hashraste inserted Wink
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
August 02, 2017, 03:59:49 AM
With the low eth rate at exchanges, the profitability is going down badly.
I cancelled my orders for more rigs...
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
August 02, 2017, 02:27:15 AM
Ethereum mine is very profitable, my friends are a lot of mine Ethereum. Thus Mine Ethereum can be said to be very profitable.

Your friend must have very cheap electricity and the efficient cards.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
August 02, 2017, 12:44:31 AM
Ethereum mine is very profitable, my friends are a lot of mine Ethereum. Thus Mine Ethereum can be said to be very profitable.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
August 01, 2017, 08:08:28 PM
the price of eth must go up, else casper must come asap.
Activity: 41
August 01, 2017, 07:18:19 PM
you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.

People are stupid or want to be stupid, mining is not a simple thing, hardware breaks, warranty in most cases dont work, problems occurs like thunders, lightning strikes and you lose all the hardware, you need to replace and buy new ones, some of them will break within 2 months, some within 3 months and so on, so people should never calculate what estimates tell them too and if they do then they are stupid. A ROI of 12 months means 24 months ~ 48 months and in most cases they will not get their money back at all.

Soon the difficulty will increase drastically because of ice age.

wow, u make me paranoid  Lips sealed
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
August 01, 2017, 07:03:42 PM
Ethereum just keeps getting nailed .. I'm down to 50% less effective today. Well that was a big hit. Probably have to make some changes to the rig this weekend and start mining a different coin.
Activity: 324
August 01, 2017, 04:39:55 PM
Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.

If you didn't buy gpus over priced then it is still a profitable decision, holding coins is always a good decision and with 31mhs on a gtx 1070 (presumably you can get more), you'll be netting 1.77-1.9$ per day as of current rates, even if you're left with 1.5$ as profit that's an ROI of 200-250 days depending on difficulty if it doesn't bomb as much more. That's a pretty good profit for a passive income business, if you hold coins and they go up, more profit.

The problem is that the difficulty will go up more and more with the passing of time (very nearby time). The problem is here in Italy I see people building 25.000-50.000 Euro worth of rigs with RX series(yes I have setup some for them as they have bought blindly) and they will surely increase difficulty.

One of my personal rigs which consists only of 3 Nvidia cards I have switched it to Zcash mining with EBWF Zcash miner. I was running them in Nicehash for Ethereum mining but I don't think it's worth anymore. Zcash mining gives me 7-10 USD more for a card if the coinwarz calculator is right.

The increase in diff is mainly because of the ice age, not increased hashrate! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2017, 02:14:32 PM
Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

If you didn't buy gpus over priced then it is still a profitable decision, holding coins is always a good decision and with 31mhs on a gtx 1070 (presumably you can get more), you'll be netting 1.77-1.9$ per day as of current rates, even if you're left with 1.5$ as profit that's an ROI of 200-250 days depending on difficulty if it doesn't bomb as much more. That's a pretty good profit for a passive income business, if you hold coins and they go up, more profit.

The problem is that the difficulty will go up more and more with the passing of time (very nearby time). The problem is here in Italy I see people building 25.000-50.000 Euro worth of rigs with RX series(yes I have setup some for them as they have bought blindly) and they will surely increase difficulty.

Activity: 274
August 01, 2017, 02:11:23 PM
My profit also wen't down today, ETH and SIA.
Like down a lot even with the price of ETH went a little up.
You can always change to another ALGO, but don't know for sure now if i should buy more GPU.
Activity: 602
Merit: 114
August 01, 2017, 01:07:44 PM
In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.

How did u know about this difficulty jump? Where are infos about that stuff? I want to learn about it to predict things. Like this 0.5 eth per month loss, was 5.1 and now 4.6 in 1 day was a suprise for me. Cheers!

me too Smiley
Activity: 326
August 01, 2017, 11:55:25 AM
In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.

How did u know about this difficulty jump? Where are infos about that stuff? I want to learn about it to predict things. Like this 0.5 eth per month loss, was 5.1 and now 4.6 in 1 day was a suprise for me. Cheers!
Activity: 68
August 01, 2017, 10:25:52 AM
Not worth it for me at the moment, according to nicehash I would get .30 cents a day after electricity costs with an rx 580. No chance of ROI at all.

Your electricity price is quite high. If it is less 0.07 dollar/kwh, it is profitable.
Activity: 12
July 30, 2017, 07:54:20 AM
Not worth it for me at the moment, according to nicehash I would get .30 cents a day after electricity costs with an rx 580. No chance of ROI at all.
Activity: 129
July 30, 2017, 07:51:06 AM
when people think that ethereum will no longer be profitable and give up, chinese miners will be very happy. Mining centralisation will repeat, following the footsteps of bitcoin.

The main problem is many people are not smart, they think "i'll be rich with ETH, it is new gold".
Consider also profit, for European/Us 300/400 $ income monthly are not enought to be a job, on China can be a lot of money of incomming also very cheap elettricity.
Example bitcoins are not minable on West Europe cause elettricity price (0.15 / 0.2 €/khw when CH are near 0.05)
Activity: 195
July 30, 2017, 07:27:10 AM
when people think that ethereum will no longer be profitable and give up, chinese miners will be very happy. Mining centralisation will repeat, following the footsteps of bitcoin.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
July 30, 2017, 03:34:47 AM

People are stupid or want to be stupid, mining is not a simple thing, hardware breaks, warranty in most cases dont work, problems occurs like thunders, lightning strikes and you lose all the hardware, you need to replace and buy new ones, some of them will break within 2 months, some within 3 months and so on, so people should never calculate what estimates tell them too and if they do then they are stupid. A ROI of 12 months means 24 months ~ 48 months and in most cases they will not get their money back at all.

Soon the difficulty will increase drastically because of ice age.
Activity: 747
Merit: 502
July 30, 2017, 03:14:58 AM

Activity: 234
July 30, 2017, 01:04:36 AM

Pages:
Jump to: