Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 7. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 05:11:31 PM
maybe this is time to sell your rig as soon as possible  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 33
July 29, 2017, 11:39:28 AM
The thing with ETH mining is, they are switching from POW to POS which is a crazy move IMO. Now we have price drop along with difficulty increase  which is a crazy situation again and miners should go through and be patient but wait ... they are waiting for what? Ethereum difficulty bomb and POW becoming worthless?!

It is what going to happen: Ethereum mining will become worthless in few months (ETH price being recovered or not), miners jump to other gpu-friendly altcoins (ETC, ZEC, ... )  and consequently we will be witnessing a HUGE difficulty jump on those chains and a serious profits cut as a result.

Gpu mining is going to die , viva gpu mining.

For the people with very cheap electricity price, mining is still worth it. For me, it is not worth it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
July 29, 2017, 07:30:53 AM
The thing with ETH mining is, they are switching from POW to POS which is a crazy move IMO. Now we have price drop along with difficulty increase  which is a crazy situation again and miners should go through and be patient but wait ... they are waiting for what? Ethereum difficulty bomb and POW becoming worthless?!

It is what going to happen: Ethereum mining will become worthless in few months (ETH price being recovered or not), miners jump to other gpu-friendly altcoins (ETC, ZEC, ... )  and consequently we will be witnessing a HUGE difficulty jump on those chains and a serious profits cut as a result.

Gpu mining is going to die , viva gpu mining.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
July 28, 2017, 12:41:59 PM
I was wondering if ethereum mining is still profitable. So what do you say?

Is it still profitable to mine ethereum with GPUs and CPUs?

Better to go with zcash , as difficulty increases , profitability decreases.

The profitability reduced by 60% over the past three weeks.

That is true. If the price drops another 40%, it is not profitable for me any more.

No problem, you should keep your ethereum for the next 3 months when the price returns to normal. May be sold in part to the maintenance of mining tools and utility bills. This is only for a while, then the price ethereum will return to normal.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
July 28, 2017, 11:22:43 AM

That is true. If the price drops another 40%, it is not profitable for me any more.
Activity: 57
July 22, 2017, 07:58:31 AM

Activity: 28
July 20, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

Activity: 62
Merit: 6
July 20, 2017, 10:17:56 AM
Mining will be always profitable if you are living in coutry with cheap elctricity  Smiley
And these are just beginings of crypto era, big money just start to be pumped in these job.
Best way to make money is to invest in future, and all experts talking all time that blokchain is future  Wink
That is just my opinion  Cheesy

That is right. That means mining will be concentrated in cheap electricity countries.
Activity: 378
Merit: 258
July 19, 2017, 03:15:17 PM
Mining will be always profitable if you are living in coutry with cheap elctricity  Smiley
And these are just beginings of crypto era, big money just start to be pumped in these job.
Best way to make money is to invest in future, and all experts talking all time that blokchain is future  Wink
That is just my opinion  Cheesy
Activity: 65
July 19, 2017, 03:08:15 PM
I want to share my ETH mining. I mined 40 ETH by a single GPU. I had 1 gtx 970. I mined 4 eths with it and lost gpu due to voltage issue. Then I started mining with a AMD 7950 and mined 30 ETH !!! Yes it took months and I really made profit by selling them. I wish I could hold them. I sold them when ETH was 0.02 or 0.025
I wish I could hold the coins. I would be at least in a great shape. That time I was earning around $2 from a gpu. I want to say, mine and hold. If you can. You will get unexpected reward.

Well partially I got a similar experience. I mined a lot of ETH and sold them at the rate of $10-$20. Now each ETH value is $300. Cry

Cryptos are really, really crazy.

While building my first rig, I also wanted to test my hardware wallet. I've bought ETH from someone while prices were 12 USD. Suddenly price went up to 50 USD and I sold my bag for profit. Later, I've learnt that I should've kept those cheap ETHs. However, it was too late Sad Now, I've hard time deciding whether to hold or sell my mined coins.

I think I also sold too early in the past.

For the good coins like the ETH or ZCash, it is better to hold for the long term.
Activity: 568
July 04, 2017, 11:01:32 AM
I want to share my ETH mining. I mined 40 ETH by a single GPU. I had 1 gtx 970. I mined 4 eths with it and lost gpu due to voltage issue. Then I started mining with a AMD 7950 and mined 30 ETH !!! Yes it took months and I really made profit by selling them. I wish I could hold them. I sold them when ETH was 0.02 or 0.025
I wish I could hold the coins. I would be at least in a great shape. That time I was earning around $2 from a gpu. I want to say, mine and hold. If you can. You will get unexpected reward.

Well partially I got a similar experience. I mined a lot of ETH and sold them at the rate of $10-$20. Now each ETH value is $300. Cry

While building my first rig, I also wanted to test my hardware wallet. I've bought ETH from someone while prices were 12 USD. Suddenly price went up to 50 USD and I sold my bag for profit. Later, I've learnt that I should've kept those cheap ETHs. However, it was too late Sad Now, I've hard time deciding whether to hold or sell my mined coins.

I think I also sold too early in the past.
Activity: 476
July 01, 2017, 08:32:10 AM

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
July 01, 2017, 04:21:58 AM

That is right. It is better to keep them for the long term.

I save majority of the mined coins and use some of them.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
June 26, 2017, 12:49:12 PM

That is right. It is better to keep them for the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
June 25, 2017, 04:18:32 PM

Activity: 62
Merit: 6
June 25, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

I had the similar experience.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
June 23, 2017, 11:49:38 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 23, 2017, 02:40:43 AM
It's going to take a HUGE drop in profitabilty before folks start losing money from operating a miner.

It'll take quite a bit less to drop ROI to a level most miners will find unaceptable though.

Too many folks getting SPOILED by the "less than 3 months" ROI on a lot of rigs right now.

That is right. I think we should prepare for the 6 months ROI now.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
June 21, 2017, 02:03:04 PM
It's going to take a HUGE drop in profitabilty before folks start losing money from operating a miner.

It'll take quite a bit less to drop ROI to a level most miners will find unaceptable though.

Too many folks getting SPOILED by the "less than 3 months" ROI on a lot of rigs right now.

Pages:
Jump to: