Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 2. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
to the moon
November 23, 2017, 10:54:45 AM
it's profitable if you hodl it.
Activity: 236
Merit: 101
November 23, 2017, 10:43:45 AM
Cant you imagine what happenes if all ETH Miners switch to Zcash or something else thats GPU Mineable? The difficulty will boom and the profit descend there too.
Well, I agree there is still time left for ETH Mining. But I would not buy new GPUMiner now...

Yes for everyone who mined Eth over the last few months things are looking better with the current price increase but it would be difficult for new miners.

A lot of the mining hardware shops are building rigs with more graphics cards e.g. 8 or 12 so a higher hash rate to try and sell them but it's getting harder to sell mining hardware.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
November 23, 2017, 05:43:04 AM
Cant you imagine what happenes if all ETH Miners switch to Zcash or something else thats GPU Mineable? The difficulty will boom and the profit descend there too.
Well, I agree there is still time left for ETH Mining. But I would not buy new GPUMiner now...
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 05:40:19 AM
Indeed.. Plenty of time, and should be easy to switch to Zcash (or similar) once PoS is there.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
November 23, 2017, 05:21:39 AM
Ethereum is going on PoS agorithm soon, so better search for alternative and be ready to switch target

I think the PoS switch is still 12 months away.

We have plenty of time till POS ( and imo, there will be another delay). Undecided
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
November 23, 2017, 05:19:42 AM
I have some ether in my wallet, but i stopped mining it long ago as there are so many altcoins with better profit in short term, so i mine other coins and buy BTC and ETH.
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
November 23, 2017, 04:34:35 AM
Ethereum is going on PoS agorithm soon, so better search for alternative and be ready to switch target

I think the PoS switch is still 12 months away.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
November 21, 2017, 04:39:37 PM
Activity: 65
November 21, 2017, 04:33:50 PM
Is it wise wise to rely on a single coin, if you are a miner? New coins are coming each day. I mined few ETH, miss those old good memories. There is tremendous diff and mining becomes less profitable. Besides POS is coming anytime and very big number of miners will jump into other coins.  What if thousands of gpu starts mining zec or other coins at a time ? I hope I will get another coin like eth in future. That will make my mining profitable again.

That is right. I mine both the ZEC and ETH.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
November 19, 2017, 04:48:06 PM
It is. You need a year+ to return invested in rig money. But there is always a chance, that ETH can grow rapidly.
Activity: 73
November 19, 2017, 03:13:53 PM
I believe it can be more profitable to invest carefully and wisely on markets instead of spending time , money and resources on ethereum mining. I’ve been always attracted by magic of mining but it’s kinda scaring me because in my country all hardware prices and cost of electricity is way beyond normal.

If you buy the good efficient card like the nVidia 1070, it is profitable. But the ROI is long.

Can just mine something more profitable and buy ETH if you want it.

Activity: 30
November 19, 2017, 07:14:33 AM
I believe it can be more profitable to invest carefully and wisely on markets instead of spending time , money and resources on ethereum mining. I’ve been always attracted by magic of mining but it’s kinda scaring me because in my country all hardware prices and cost of electricity is way beyond normal.

If you buy the good efficient card like the nVidia 1070, it is profitable. But the ROI is long.
Activity: 161
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
November 10, 2017, 04:04:23 PM
Activity: 33
November 10, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
I'd say it's a difficult time to start up.  Building a rig is expensive compared to expected monthly income these days.  Probably take a year to get ROI.  Then again, we can't predict the future, and if you find cheap parts maybe you get lucky.

The altcoin mining could be more profitable in the short term as the price is rising.
Activity: 79
November 08, 2017, 05:48:55 PM
I'd say it's a difficult time to start up.  Building a rig is expensive compared to expected monthly income these days.  Probably take a year to get ROI.  Then again, we can't predict the future, and if you find cheap parts maybe you get lucky.
Activity: 60
November 08, 2017, 05:18:45 PM
Ethereum mine is very profitable.profitability better than ETH and takes less power too.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 30, 2017, 11:49:22 AM
The other problem is the ICE age or the diffculty bomb.

Which has been partially disarmed by the recent update.

So basicly this means.. more power = more coins ??
I mean.. The difficulty will be straight line just like on ETC?

No. The block reward will be reduced from 5 to 3. But the block time is also reduced. So it is same level.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
November 08, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
Difficulty has halvened. How that?
Activity: 72
November 08, 2017, 10:35:15 AM
i am mining ETH and it has been one month. so far it is still profitable
I use GPU mining.
here are my miners
https://i.imgur.com/Rc4pyWs.jpg
Activity: 168
November 08, 2017, 09:59:20 AM
Ethereum mining is still profitable at the moment, but the difficult rises too fast. It might not be profitable soon.Ether will be dump as soon as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: