Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 3. (Read 131200 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 08, 2017, 08:31:48 AM
One day if digging Etherum with vga can earn $ 10. I have a factory around 1000 vga active everyday. This is my main source of income. The profits are still huge when digging Etherum.
Activity: 116
November 08, 2017, 07:11:47 AM
Is it wise wise to rely on a single coin, if you are a miner? New coins are coming each day. I mined few ETH, miss those old good memories. There is tremendous diff and mining becomes less profitable. Besides POS is coming anytime and very big number of miners will jump into other coins.  What if thousands of gpu starts mining zec or other coins at a time ? I hope I will get another coin like eth in future. That will make my mining profitable again.

It is very time consuming to find and mine the new coins. If you have many rigs, then stick with one.

The BTG could be profitable to mine in the near future.
Activity: 102
October 29, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
Is it wise wise to rely on a single coin, if you are a miner? New coins are coming each day. I mined few ETH, miss those old good memories. There is tremendous diff and mining becomes less profitable. Besides POS is coming anytime and very big number of miners will jump into other coins.  What if thousands of gpu starts mining zec or other coins at a time ? I hope I will get another coin like eth in future. That will make my mining profitable again.

It is very time consuming to find and mine the new coins. If you have many rigs, then stick with one.
Activity: 136
October 29, 2017, 03:54:34 AM
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 05:22:32 AM
It's still most profitable among major cryptos but small and new coins are more profitable sometimes

That is right. Some times it is more profitable than the ZEC or Decred.

It seems the ZEC has more potential to rise at the moment.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 12:41:17 PM
It's still most profitable among major cryptos but small and new coins are more profitable sometimes

That is right. Some times it is more profitable than the ZEC or Decred.
Activity: 81
October 11, 2017, 10:57:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
October 11, 2017, 10:30:09 AM
It's profitable still  & is going to be all the way into metropolis because the demand for ether is going to continue to go up. I've heard that metropolis greatly reduces the inflation so there will be substantially less coins generated so we are going to see a large increase again in the price before & after metro.

Can you explain? How does it reduce inflation?  Also when is metropolis?

It really doesn't as the poster you linked is relying more on wishful thinking than facts, and like many others has little to no understanding of how the ecosystem works.

The number of ETH rewarded per block is going down from 5 to 3, however the average block times will also go down from around 30 seconds to the 15-20 second range. This means on average we go from 10 new ETH per minute being generated to 9-12 ETH /min depending on the exact block-times. So in reality it will end up being a wash if not even a slight increase on coin issuance.

Also the new issuance or inflation really has a diminishing effect over time considering there are already over 95 million ETH in existence, so adding another 14,400 per day is only 0.015% being introduced daily. So again, the inflation is not really being substantially reduced nor is is being substantially increased. The price will continue to be effected more by other factors than it will by inflation.

As far as profitability, even though in general coin issuance will remain close to the same, overall network hashrate and thus difficulty continues to hold steady or even slightly increase. So while the price remains stable, mining profitability continues to slowly decline every day. The only way mining profits would double would be if the price suddenly doubles again, going to $600. However, this will be short lived as once again everyone will be adding hashrate thus reducing the overall mining profitability again.

It is pretty much a viscous circle and in the end no matter what happens the mining profits will usually stabilize at just above production costs, meaning eventually you will make maybe 5 cents a day per card after all costs are factored in.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
October 11, 2017, 10:09:19 AM
Profit is down from when it was at $15 a rig. I am down to around. $4 a rig now but have free heating Smiley
Activity: 236
October 11, 2017, 10:01:41 AM
Very lucky that pos was postponed for another year

WHen is it postponed until?

NO specific date. It means we can still mine for about a year.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
October 10, 2017, 12:15:34 AM
I was wondering if ethereum mining is still profitable. So what do you say?

Is it still profitable to mine ethereum with GPUs and CPUs?

i think yes it is , but due to the increase of mining dificulty today and the cost of electric bills i suggest dont waste your time and money on mining etherium rather do some worth it to do like trading or investing because i see that you can earn more doing these compared to mining itself. also gpus/cpu mining are not much worth it compare to an actual hardware miner.
Activity: 336
October 09, 2017, 07:04:05 PM
Very lucky that pos was postponed for another year

WHen is it postponed until?
October 09, 2017, 06:53:07 PM
It's profitable still  & is going to be all the way into metropolis because the demand for ether is going to continue to go up. I've heard that metropolis greatly reduces the inflation so there will be substantially less coins generated so we are going to see a large increase again in the price before & after metro.

Can you explain? How does it reduce inflation?  Also when is metropolis?
October 09, 2017, 06:46:07 PM
Ethereum GPU mining has started to die out after the recent difficulty spike of the last few days. It's noteworthy to mention that in the past few weeks, the highest difficulty was recorded (On 23rd of September). Switching to other coins to mine might be more profitable, at least for now, unless this situation changes any time soon, which I doubt.
A quick look on the difficulty chart has shown that the difficulty has dropped just a tad bit the last few days, but it's still way too high after mid September.

Yeah I rec mining different coins, just ETH isn't profitable anymore with the difficulty where it's at
Activity: 422
October 09, 2017, 02:31:43 PM
i think its still profitable,

You need to use the new generation cards if your electricity price is high.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
October 08, 2017, 08:28:21 AM
Ethereum GPU mining has started to die out after the recent difficulty spike of the last few days. It's noteworthy to mention that in the past few weeks, the highest difficulty was recorded (On 23rd of September). Switching to other coins to mine might be more profitable, at least for now, unless this situation changes any time soon, which I doubt.
A quick look on the difficulty chart has shown that the difficulty has dropped just a tad bit the last few days, but it's still way too high after mid September.
Activity: 28
October 08, 2017, 08:19:34 AM
Difficulty and price changes, profitability fluctuates within many PoW altcoins.
Multi algo mining could bring you some solutions.

For most of the altcoins, they adjust the difficulty every block, muilti pool mining is not as profitable.
Activity: 154
October 02, 2017, 09:05:10 AM
Difficulty and price changes, profitability fluctuates within many PoW altcoins.
Multi algo mining could bring you some solutions.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
October 02, 2017, 08:58:47 AM
Finished mining already. Its a daily loss with my local electricity prices.
Never ever receiving back the hardware investment.
Just 3 Months ago there was a very nice ROI and profit.
The ETH difficulty bomb has hit me with full force...

just glad not bought more mining hardware
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 04:32:26 AM
ETC is more profitable than ETH

I think the profitibility has changed a lot recently.
Pages:
Jump to: