Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum - Time to buy or time to sell? - page 18. (Read 22708 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
April 20, 2016, 12:42:33 PM
Today and a few weeks I will not suggest to buy, just wait a little, when the halving of bitcoin will be near there will be much less people in the other coins and everyone will be busy to buy bitcoin, so at that time Ethereum will reach to much less amount. Just see the near future will be about $1 per ethereum.

You don't subscribe to the theory, BTC rising will cause all boats, to rise to some degree as well?

not necessarily.
there is no rule about this. sometimes some of the altcoins have moved with bitcoin price movement and sometimes they didn't.
one of these coins were always LTC that moved with bitcoin.

but i think if the BTC price rises that will cause a lot of ETH investors to dump their coins in order to be able to buy bitcoin and not fall behind on the train.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
April 20, 2016, 12:42:22 PM
Today and a few weeks I will not suggest to buy, just wait a little, when the halving of bitcoin will be near there will be much less people in the other coins and everyone will be busy to buy bitcoin, so at that time Ethereum will reach to much less amount. Just see the near future will be about $1 per ethereum.

You don't subscribe to the theory, BTC rising will cause all boats, to rise to some degree as well?

I don'T see how alts can keep up with BTC as far as the ratio between the two goes. Yeah, they might pump with BTC but I feel when all is said and done, these coins will be valued in USD (especially once you can send money to a big exchange and buy any alt, and that is coming due to coming regs imo.)

There will be speculation on things like ETH, LISK and other promising cryptos but I would not go all in on a big BTC rise (well, watch and follow the trend might be safer.)
That said, once the masses jump on board they might jump onto what they can get more of...

IAS
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
April 20, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
For me its time to sell it because the price of ethereum right now is high.. so better to sell it right now so that you can make a profit and wait again for the price below 0.015 and buy again and sell it again for the price reach 0.02.. This is a great strategy in ethereum the movement price of ethereum is fast so you can make profit fast..
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
April 20, 2016, 12:27:38 PM

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
April 20, 2016, 06:39:19 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
April 20, 2016, 06:24:56 AM
Well, I bought a bit as part of a buy-in-stages plan to "leg in" and HODL. Only a minnow's worth, but what the hey.

And what I bought, I've already lent out on Polo's Loan Market. The low offer is pretty durn high: 0.0397%. Must be a fair bit of eager short sellers. Wink

Is there a minimum of ETH you need to loan it?
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
April 20, 2016, 02:32:44 AM
Buy eth right now and wait for it to go up. The coin has potential to go up in the future. We just have to hold on to it for a little longer.

You can also do short trades. Buy when eth's price is low and sell it when it's high enough for you.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
April 20, 2016, 01:04:50 AM
Well, I bought a bit as part of a buy-in-stages plan to "leg in" and HODL. Only a minnow's worth, but what the hey.

And what I bought, I've already lent out on Polo's Loan Market. The low offer is pretty durn high: 0.0397%. Must be a fair bit of eager short sellers. Wink

So if I had say 1000 Eth, and lent it out.. I would get a 39 Eth a day return? Does that sound right ?
I've looked at Polo lending before.. I thought for some reason the big money was in BTC, where you could make double or something over 12 months.

No - that is 3.9% per day.  It's a fraction of a percent so .039 is .00039 - or .39 eth per day.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
April 20, 2016, 12:40:25 AM

So if I had say 1000 Eth, and lent it out.. I would get a 39 Eth a day return? Does that sound right ?
I've looked at Polo lending before.. I thought for some reason the big money was in BTC, where you could make double or something over 12 months.

0.0397% of 1,000 ETH is 0.39 ETH.
April 19, 2016, 11:48:18 PM

legendary
Activity: 924
April 19, 2016, 08:35:31 PM

April 19, 2016, 07:14:59 PM
I'm long on Eth, I'm trying to look at it through my past Btc investments early on. I would like to have double, what i already own, so on big drops I buy more. If it drops way below my cost average, and stays there for a bit. When I get some excess cash, I continue buying try to bring my cost average inline.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
April 19, 2016, 06:12:00 PM
There's a lot of rumours talking about OKCoin adding ETH in the coming days. I don't need to tell what this could mean.

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
April 19, 2016, 05:30:30 PM
its simple; put your money where your mouth is!
buy or sell; all i know is, it feels like the right time to have eth;

personally, i have no clue whatever ethereum actually is and/or does; i'm just curious and want in;
at the same time, my precious fiat only goes where my mouth is, in other words, its not going into altcoins;

i do want eth but i dont wanna spend money on it,
quick solution, break out gpu rigs, collect eth and then decide whatever to do with them;

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
April 19, 2016, 11:25:15 AM
Its time to buy if the price of ethereum is at low price
Then Sell if the prices is at high price..
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 19, 2016, 10:56:12 AM
On my judgment, it's not a good time to buy right now seeing that there is still a stir on people about one of ethereum's forum shutting down in the near future: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6293/GeorgeHallam. If you are one of the lucky people who rode ETH's ride from its inception up until its peak on the 2nd week of March, you've earned yourself a lot of money. But right now, in the current situation of ETH, not a good time to buy.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 19, 2016, 10:18:21 AM
buy low sell high - do it often - either that or hodl
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
April 18, 2016, 06:44:12 AM
I would sell and buy back in when the action happens.I believe that it can launch to $100 eventually but too much gains happening in other coins meanwhile.

Any reccomendations on some coins worth investing in? Like previous posters im a dab hand at buying high and selling low so a few tips on some good coins wouldn't go a miss Wink

Buy coins with good reputation and low market cap. As, for example, YACoin [YAC], Ultracoin [UTC], Securecoin [SRC]

As for Ethereum - it has the good future for sure!
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
April 18, 2016, 02:50:38 AM
I would sell and buy back in when the action happens.I believe that it can launch to $100 eventually but too much gains happening in other coins meanwhile.

Any reccomendations on some coins worth investing in? Like previous posters im a dab hand at buying high and selling low so a few tips on some good coins wouldn't go a miss Wink
legendary
Activity: 1025
April 18, 2016, 01:56:56 AM
Pages:
Jump to: