Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum vs Bitcoin - page 10. (Read 802 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 0
July 07, 2018, 12:35:57 AM
Many people out there don´t believe that Ethereum can be a long term hodling, they simply use it participate in ICOs, sell and buy bitcoin again with the profit. Do you think that may change this year and ethereum can be seen as the choice to hodl?
Yes, ethereum can be relied upon to hold it in the long run. The value of ethereum will increase, but it will always be under bitcoin. However bitcoin is best for long-term investments and provides higher returns.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
July 07, 2018, 12:35:09 AM
no it won't change because ETH is not designed that way.

it is a token that should only be used to fuel the smart contracts not even as an investment let alone be anything like bitcoin which is a currency.

and in the end no matter what, ETH still has an unlimited supply with a huge amount of it already in circulation which is always dumping it downwards in the long run.
buying these two coins when the price is so affordable will be very nice and easy to improve the development for much more increase again. so it is very profitable to buy these two coins. both have interesting developments. so it's good to have both and support even further.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
July 07, 2018, 12:22:33 AM
I think ETH is a strong currency and in particular
 with the spread of ICOs
But being in competition with BTC is not true
BTC is more stable for push and spread
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
July 06, 2018, 06:30:43 AM
if your intent is to invest long-term, obviously bitcoin be the best choice. ETH is only temporary, and if you last longer then the value will decrease and will not be profitable anymore. so it is unlikely that ETH will compete with BTC, because BTC is still a symbol in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
July 06, 2018, 06:24:41 AM
no it won't change because ETH is not designed that way.

it is a token that should only be used to fuel the smart contracts not even as an investment let alone be anything like bitcoin which is a currency.

and in the end no matter what, ETH still has an unlimited supply with a huge amount of it already in circulation which is always dumping it downwards in the long run.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
July 06, 2018, 06:20:44 AM
Hodl? Maybe, it has it own advantages but as a means of payment it is way, way worse than bitcoin.
Adoption for it is obviously much lesser than that of btc, that's from my own experience. I don't use it, never planed to.
Hell, you cant even make multiple recipient transaction out of the box, that's a big issue. Let's be honest, its not a coin, it is a token.
I would be extremely surprised if one day its value surpasses Satoshis wonder. I don't believe it it possible but who knows?
If you are wondering what to buy as a long term investment, my recommendation is to go with bitcoins, tokens are a temporary gizmo, people will stop buying them at some point and than etereum will loose all its advantages, along with value.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 05:59:04 AM
Many people out there don´t believe that Ethereum can be a long term hodling, they simply use it participate in ICOs, sell and buy bitcoin again with the profit. Do you think that may change this year and ethereum can be seen as the choice to hodl?
Pages:
Jump to: