Pages:
Author

Topic: ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform - page 19. (Read 94462 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 23, 2017, 01:55:21 PM
Hi,
I have this error before login with 4 gpu (3 works perfect):
*ERROR* amdgpu: IB test timed out.
failed testing IB on GFX ring (-110).
ib ring test failed (-110)

What can i do?.
Thanks
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
www.valuebetting.org
June 22, 2017, 11:58:51 AM
I have 5 GPU setup, everything works fines besides fan control.

Using global settings for fan speed and temperature it seems to be only apply to the GPU0 all others try to run to their optimal temp, while fans spin at 10-20%. Any idea how to make it so all 5 have same settings as GPU0?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 22, 2017, 10:35:29 AM
Make sure the bios is the D version

Also put pcie in gen 2

Swap your risers around and make sure it's wired correctly and boot her up. If not try to power them on one by one

Activity: 4
June 22, 2017, 08:22:11 AM
Hello, I have mother msi z170a m5 and 6 rx470 and I can't start ethos with more than 3 gpu. When I try to boot with 4/5/6 it crashes in:
"IF YOUR SYSTEM HANGS AT THIS LINE AND NO DESKTOP APPEARS, THERE IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM. CHECK ALL HARDWARE! Allow up to 2 minutes for desktop to appear".

I have:
- Last BIOS firmware
- Windows 7 installation Disable
- HD AUDIO CONTROLLER Disable
- 4G Enabled
- PEG1 and PEG2 in Auto

And also try with PEG0 and PEG1 in GEN1 and GEN2.
Some help? I'm going crazy.

Thanks
Activity: 151
June 09, 2017, 01:07:57 AM
Can anyone confirm ethOS is working properly with 7 cards on a z170 board?

the website does now state "Supports up to 10 AMD RX Series GPUs: Including support for Intel Z170/X/270/X Chipsets and AMD Ryzen"

Was there an update that made this work?

I have 5 rigs running on MSI z170a gaming m7 MBs. 3 have 6 gpus, and 2 have 7. Yes they work, but they are a bit finicky.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
June 08, 2017, 10:21:34 PM
Trying to setup remote reboot , what command do you use

reb 3eca8 9

reb - command
3eca8 - name of your rig, up left corner of default screen
9 - increased number of restarts, this will start from 1 and you increase number if you want to restart the rig

then save this change on remote config, after 5-10 min. rig restarts,

BTC
Activity: 254
I solve problems
June 05, 2017, 02:45:28 PM
you can set up fan speed in /home/ethos/local.conf

globalfan 100 - try set it to 85%. windows use dynamical fan speed I think
Activity: 131
June 05, 2017, 01:35:16 AM
Hi,

I bought EthOS and trying it now. The noise of GPUs is much louder than another rig with Windows. How can I reduce it? The hashrate is almost same as the Windows one. Thanks.
Activity: 11
June 04, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
Trying to setup remote reboot , what command do you use
mez
Activity: 197
May 24, 2017, 07:12:08 AM
there is an update for claymore zcash miner.
Activity: 254
I solve problems
May 20, 2017, 01:12:35 PM
Happy to report that ethOS will have a global stats panel live and ready with the release of ethOS on February 15th.

I have developed a method to have your rigs report directly to the global stats panel, autogenerate an "account", and also prevent write access to your panel from non-users, all without password management. Since this panel is "read only", there is absolutely no risk of rig takeover resulting from a site-wide compromise.

This panel is meant for large-scale global view of large farms. One feature I hope to add before release: text message alerts for ethOS customers. Text message alerts will alert you if there is a catastrophic loss of hash, rigs going down, etc.

Hi kotarius,

Any news or updates regarding adding alerts to ethos?

ethos is a great tool!

... no response?

we are testing push up alert in ethos android app. I'm trying make some setting UI. but it takes some time. kotarius will make it faster maybe.
Activity: 53
May 20, 2017, 12:39:19 PM
Happy to report that ethOS will have a global stats panel live and ready with the release of ethOS on February 15th.

I have developed a method to have your rigs report directly to the global stats panel, autogenerate an "account", and also prevent write access to your panel from non-users, all without password management. Since this panel is "read only", there is absolutely no risk of rig takeover resulting from a site-wide compromise.

This panel is meant for large-scale global view of large farms. One feature I hope to add before release: text message alerts for ethOS customers. Text message alerts will alert you if there is a catastrophic loss of hash, rigs going down, etc.

Hi kotarius,

ethos is a great tool!

... no response?

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 17, 2017, 03:58:13 AM
Greetings,
is older hardware supported on ethOS?
P35/P45-based Intel motherboards are listed here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vendo-ethos-os-per-mining-ethereum-1626128
Is that list accurate? Do all those boards support multi-gpu configurations?
Thanks.
Activity: 128
May 11, 2017, 02:11:41 PM
is there any guide for this new tools ..... "Added OhGodACompany bios mod tools to ethOS (ohgodadecode, ohgodacsumfixer)"

thnx
BTC
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
May 11, 2017, 12:12:34 PM
Can anybody recommend specific boards, GPUs and/or methods that have been successfully used to get 7, 8 or more GPUs mining per rig with EthOS?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
May 11, 2017, 10:52:58 AM

the website does now state "Supports up to 10 AMD RX Series GPUs: Including support for Intel Z170/X/270/X Chipsets and AMD Ryzen"

version 1.21 should do it.

ethOS 1.2.1 changelog (released May 1st 2017)
Major Changes
Added 5+ GPU support to Intel Z170/X/270/X Chipsets.
Switched ethosdistro.com/pool backend from Alpereum to Nanopool for better stability.
Added OhGodACompany bios mod tools to ethOS (ohgodadecode, ohgodacsumfixer).
Updated all mining programs to their latest versions as of this release.
Added support for RX 500 series.
Upgraded AMDGPU OPENCL stack to 17.10
Added overclocking support for RX 500 series GPU.
Set default pwr to "5" for AMDGPU.

Added Z170/X/270/X BIOS options guide to ethOS knowledge base.

I honestly haven't tried with my Ryzen 5 yet but that also my main PC which is a windows 10 box and more then likely will never be a main mining rig .

but i will be buying 3 Ryzen 3, to use on three rigs, once there released .
Activity: 116
May 11, 2017, 10:20:08 AM

Activity: 53
May 02, 2017, 03:24:11 PM

Hi kotarius,

ethos is a great tool!
Activity: 24
April 29, 2017, 12:54:13 PM
dear miners, i have 1 x Asus RX470 Strix + 3 x Asus RX480 Strix, will it work over EthOS? I do not know too much about overclocking and putting right values (voltage, memory etc), do i need to tweak the configuration to work at optimum/best hash rate possible?

What about the differences between simplemining OS and EthOS? Both are ubuntu based, Simplemining OS worked fine for me without overclocking, do not want to play with the values still...

ETH blessed you all Tongue
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
April 28, 2017, 06:08:19 PM
yep I know, until then I am running windows 10

that's what i found out on their chat.
i ended up swapping my z270 with an old p5q3, 4 rx 480 works for now but 5th one doesn't get detected but doesn't prevent system from booting and mining. kinda weird ;/

and they said there is an update coming out soon to fix the issue with z170/z270, just so you know
Pages:
Jump to: