Pages:
Author

Topic: EUR might drop below USD - page 15. (Read 33637 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
March 05, 2015, 02:45:35 AM
It all depends. If the U.S. dollar is not strong enough, people will shrink from it. Don't forget that it is a foreign currency in any other country but the USA. So when dollar is on the rise, people will try to hoard them, and that is good for the U.S. economy since the USA exports debt.

Yep it depends for whom.
All this Greece nonsense lead to the devaluation of the Euro, so it's bad for Europe. And probably good for the US.
When it goes vice-versa, it's the same.

Greece is now in the process of losing its independence to Germany and France, Italy and Portugal will follow its lead. Devaluation of Euro is the price the European population has to pay for stronger unification in the future.

Portugal already has the Troika aid, I don't think Spain will have it, they're actually recovering.
I think in the end it will be Germany to leave the euro. Once again, they're just more efficient than the rest of Europe...

How can they leave the eurozone, if it was their idea in the first place? In fact, the United Europe has been their dream for at least a century already (actually, this dream has its roots as back in the past as the Holy Roman Empire). The euro is only a means for making this dream come true (they failed miserably twice to do just that through military in the 20th century).
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
March 04, 2015, 07:33:43 PM
No...

USD will keep being low since no one wants to trade with the US unless the money is paid in Y, £ or €.
USD is not worth what its at atm.. Its just so pumped by the US government.

All of a sudden, its gonna drop like a rock.

I've heard such sentiment for over a decade by now (actually since the beginning of 2000s), but all we see is USDX aiming higher and higher every day, so with all due desire I can't see USD being low. What should happen that dollar will drop like a rock?
Was not it like 7 years ago when $1 was worth about half of 1 Euro? And I was under the impression that strong USA currency is not always the best factor when it comes to worldwide trading. It would be a really bad omen if dollar will be more expensive than euro imo.

It all depends. If the U.S. dollar is not strong enough, people will shrink from it. Don't forget that it is a foreign currency in any other country but the USA. So when dollar is on the rise, people will try to hoard them, and that is good for the U.S. economy since the USA exports debt.

Yep it depends for whom.
All this Greece nonsense lead to the devaluation of the Euro, so it's bad for Europe. And probably good for the US.

Greece is now in the process of losing its independence to Germany and France, Italy and Portugal will follow its lead. Devaluation of Euro is the price the European population has to pay for stronger unification in the future.

Portugal already has the Troika aid, I don't think Spain will have it, they're actually recovering.
I think in the end it will be Germany to leave the euro. Once again, they're just more efficient than the rest of Europe...

Doubt they will leave. And part of the reason for Germany's "efficiency" is they aren't following the agreed inflation target. Their unit labor costs are kept much lower than they should be for their productivity. And the reverse for southern Europe. Good for Germany's competitiveness. Helps they don't have a currency that gets appreciated because of it though. A good example to compare it to is France which followed the inflation target. And is also getting in trouble.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 04, 2015, 06:23:19 PM
No...

USD will keep being low since no one wants to trade with the US unless the money is paid in Y, £ or €.

I've heard such sentiment for over a decade by now (actually since the beginning of 2000s), but all we see is USDX aiming higher and higher every day, so with all due desire I can't see USD being low. What should happen that dollar will drop like a rock?
Was not it like 7 years ago when $1 was worth about half of 1 Euro? And I was under the impression that strong USA currency is not always the best factor when it comes to worldwide trading. It would be a really bad omen if dollar will be more expensive than euro imo.

Yep it depends for whom.

March 04, 2015, 02:25:09 PM
No...

Yep it depends for whom.

Activity: 490
March 04, 2015, 02:18:29 PM
No...

Yep it depends for whom.
March 04, 2015, 11:51:01 AM
No...

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
March 04, 2015, 11:00:55 AM
No...

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 04, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
No...

The Euro will survive.
Why do you think the USD will drop , and that the euro will survive?
when both of them have bitcoins against them , their both gonna fall like rocks imo.

USD and EUR should fall as the central bank do qe and governements go more in debt.

But they don't drop if everybody keep on printing  Wink
Activity: 1022
March 04, 2015, 08:51:52 AM
No...

The Euro will survive.
when both of them have bitcoins against them , their both gonna fall like rocks imo.

USD and EUR should fall as the central bank do qe and governements go more in debt.
March 04, 2015, 08:48:05 AM
No...

The Euro will survive.

Are you kidding? Bitcoin was once worth over 1,100 dollars, now it is only around 300 dollars. Most likely it is already past its peak. The more robust altcoins are killing it, step by step, coin after coin.
Activity: 700
March 04, 2015, 08:43:53 AM
No...

The Euro will survive.
March 04, 2015, 08:14:33 AM
Some say the oil is responsible for this drop. Personally I don't think so. The main causes of the weak Euro are a weak Eurozone economy (flight to safety to US) and now Eurozone QE. Oil is secondary at best.

But what is responsible for the recent drop in oil prices? Or, rather, who is behind it? I will never believe that the last nosedive was due to economic reasons alone, or that they were the primary force driving the oil prices down.
March 04, 2015, 07:42:18 AM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

It's possible. If EUR drop below USD, that means USD index over 100.
A Fed rate hike may be expected in this summer, the USD index over 100 is possible, it's already over 95.

And precious metals are also going down (gold being the only currency standing for centuries, which is still being hoarded by central banks).
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
March 04, 2015, 04:36:33 AM
EUR/USD parity seems to be a given.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
March 04, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

It's possible. If EUR drop below USD, that means USD index over 100.
A Fed rate hike may be expected in this summer, the USD index over 100 is possible, it's already over 95.

March 04, 2015, 03:42:07 AM
No...

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Writing to dispel society's myths.
March 04, 2015, 12:13:51 AM
It seem that could really be right but always we can't judge it the same with bitcoin no one can
give an exact range of bitcoin , Maybe USD drop too who know
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
March 03, 2015, 06:54:50 PM
No...

The Euro will survive.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
February 25, 2015, 12:42:34 PM
Yeah that's not likely. This is much too big difference, there would have happen something very unusual like EU breakdown or war.
Not war but if EUR goes under USD it would be pretty bad, it would at least mean Greece and Spain bailed.

EUR and USD are likely to go down in value against hard assets as more of them are created. Don't believe me, believe the ECB and FED that say they will.

Yup but it will be slower than a lot of people would like to think. Everything can happen nowadays tho.
Pages:
Jump to: