Pages:
Author

Topic: EUROPEAN BITCOIN CONFERENCE 2011, PRAGUE NOV 25-27 - page 7. (Read 94469 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Is there any press there, besides Max and Stacy?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Max Keiser just concluded a panel discussion on stage, and I was one of the participants. There was also a lawyer, an economist, a banker, and a technology guru. it was a really great talk!

This was actually kind of the highlight of the talks for me. You guys could've probably discussed things for a whole day or two Wink, although there was a lot of agreement, there still seemed to be some differences, especially regarding economics (oh wonder Wink

Congrats, Tony, also on your great talk and thanks for setting that goal (1 million bitcoin users within a year).

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Max Keiser just concluded a panel discussion on stage, and I was one of the participants. There was also a lawyer, an economist, a banker, and a technology guru. it was a really great talk!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
i might be coming just checked with my charter and got a veryvery good offer for a short trip form frankfurt to prague.

so if anybody wanst to join, we´ll share fair, departing at about 13:00. pm me!

the pilot n me, are bringing our bikes, so bring urs to, to stroll around convieniently...
donator
Hope you all have fun.

Yeah, sitting in the conference room a bit early, setup the cam and waiting for people to shuffle in. Should be fun.
Activity: 714
Hope you all have fun.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
What guy Wink.  I hope you all have a great time.  I wish I could be there.  I'm anxious to see some pictures/footage, but I'll just have to wait.  Focus on having a great conference and I'm sure there will be plenty for us onlookers afterwards.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
1st session finished at the conference, met max kaiser, Rick falkvinge and loads of forum members. Apologies for not remembering everyone's name, its been a busy few months. Tomorrow is going to be fantastic, looking forward to it.

Thanks to tony from bit-pay for making the night bitcoin friendly, sorry about the rubbish WiFi in hard rock but I still managed to eat and drink in bitcoin.

Amir I have 12 bitcoins in my wallet that are yours.

We will try to get some footage out soon so we can share the experience with those that couldn't make it.

It's been nice to put names to faces, I encourage everyone to put their forum name on their badges tomorrow, we have marker pens at rego desk.

Cheers
Mitchell bourne

Could I add a small favour, if we don't reply to the guy above he might stop posting in this thread and we can keep it on topic
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Happy I took the journey to be here.

++jp

Activity: 492
If anyone at the conference is still looking to buy some BTC or BTC-shirts: I can hook you up. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
Some us were able to spend our Bitcoins on beer today at the Hard Rock Cafe in Prague.  The wi-fi sucked, but we still got through.   The price of a beer is 50 kroner, or 1.05 bitcoins!  I will take 2 more beers please!

cool. This fact alone is worth a short news article!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Some us were able to spend our Bitcoins on beer today at the Hard Rock Cafe in Prague.  The wi-fi sucked, but we still got through.   The price of a beer is 50 kroner, or 1.05 bitcoins!  I will take 2 more beers please!

Pics pics pics!

And if I was a bar in Europe right now, I'd be more willing to accept BTC than EUR   Grin
Activity: 742
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
People keep asking me about conference videos:

/topic in #bitconconsultancy

"Conference videos: we've decided on high quality after conference videos vs low quality difficult-to-setup webcasts. Videos should be out during next few weeks."
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
Aren't you going to make any live streaming of that conference?  Sad
slush i'm at the hackerspace staying at prusnak's house. cya tomorrow

BTW i will be selling bitcoins since i need CZK. dont like to pay the scammy money changers.

i'll be in prague for a week hanging around the hackerspace. we're planning on doing a bunch of after conference events and workshops here.

Tomorrow we can pay for everything over the bar with btc using bit-pay in the hard rock cafe.  im sure there will be plenty of people that need btc so you can exchange some for czk

haha, it seems the conference is already generating some real life bitcoin demand here. Very nice to see this.

I originally planned to leave on sunday afternoon back to hamburg. Maybe I'll stay a little longer for whatever goes down in the hackerspace and enjoy...

Too bad I only arrive Friday late at night. We (a friend and I). It'll be around 23:00 at night, I guess. I don't know if it makes sense to try to meet up with people at that point. I'm guessing the Conference Center will be empty at that time? Where are you guys (slush, genjix, ...) going to be Friday night? At the hackerspace, at some bar, ...? Maybe it makes more sense to go to sleep early to be fit for a long Saturday... not sure.

If you see us out at this hour please send us home.
#eurobit is the hashtag for the conference hopefully people can coordinate their movements.  If you are not following us already please do and be kept up to date @bitgroups
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
If you'll be lurking around after the conference with me and slush then I wouldn't stress it. A conference is meant to be fun. It should be good. The hackerspace people are affable.
donator

BTW i will be selling bitcoins since i need CZK. dont like to pay the scammy money changers.

i'll be in prague for a week hanging around the hackerspace. we're planning on doing a bunch of after conference events and workshops here.

Tomorrow we can pay for everything over the bar with btc using bit-pay in the hard rock cafe.  im sure there will be plenty of people that need btc so you can exchange some for czk

haha, it seems the conference is already generating some real life bitcoin demand here. Very nice to see this.

I originally planned to leave on sunday afternoon back to hamburg. Maybe I'll stay a little longer for whatever goes down in the hackerspace and enjoy...

Too bad I only arrive Friday late at night. We (a friend and I). It'll be around 23:00 at night, I guess. I don't know if it makes sense to try to meet up with people at that point. I'm guessing the Conference Center will be empty at that time? Where are you guys (slush, genjix, ...) going to be Friday night? At the hackerspace, at some bar, ...? Maybe it makes more sense to go to sleep early to be fit for a long Saturday... not sure.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
genjix, give my regards to Pavol, now I finally understand why is brmlab mentioned in conference program ;-). That "after conference event" is probably also (periodic) brmlab's Bitcoin seminar planned to beginning of the next week, it will be great to have you on the board :-).
Pages:
Jump to: