Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution of Money - page 2. (Read 1961 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
October 06, 2018, 07:36:20 AM
well, I think it's clear, from exchanging, and being gold and silver, after that it becomes paper money, and now digital money is starting to emerge. well, but for now, digital money is still being measured based on banknotes, and paper money, still measured based on intrinsic value, namely gold and silver. I think this will continue to grow.
Changes are normal, growth in inevitable and just like you said, we will definitely be seeing some good growth in the space in the long run when it comes to digital money.

For what it is worth, we have seen the way things have changed over the years, how we have moved on from the trade by barter system and now we being in the digital age and it is so obvious that the evolution is here already and we are in that future, as i believe that as time goes on, we will get to start seeing things in different perspectives as the case may be.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
October 05, 2018, 03:26:24 PM
That is a progress which has no end. Money was created to make easier trade because  people needed to have a common form of payment method. Digital Money is the latest form of it and the era of new money has come. Because it is simpler and easier to use when compared with fiat cuurencies.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
October 05, 2018, 02:37:28 PM
Heyyy Guys , found this article really interesting :

https://medium.com/@arnoldmuimi/evolution-of-money-ba8609f5f198

What do you think ? This is how money was invented .
I'll tell you more - not only shells were used as money, but also salt and spices as these were limited resources.
The so-called "salt riot" in Moscow in 1648 started because the government replaced several taxes with a universal salt tax.
So money is something that is given a certain value by people, and this is clearly evident in terms of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
October 05, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
it was taught in schools, from rocks and shiny metals from livestocks to rootcrops are once used to purchase goods and now comes the new digital money that can be used online, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, actually they are just one of the innovated form or medium of buying stuffs, money has evolved and deemed precious in any form, anything with value can be considered as money, investment and valuable possession, what's unique about crypto, is the range of its value and price that is dependent on the demand.
Yeah, and so far we have moved past that gradually and now in the digital money age and even within the digital money ecosystem we keep seeing changes as we started seeing a lot of countries go cashless even though the digital notes are tied with physical and now we are having cryptocurrency which certainly is what I refer to as the new age and the future of money and payment.

We may not be there yet, but we are definitely getting there and I really do not see anything stopping us, which over time, we will get to see improvements in technology and even newer ways of doing things.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 01:15:39 PM
money was originally designed as a replacement for values, but later this goal was distorted and now we see the current money. cryptocurrency came to replace gold
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 04, 2018, 09:37:58 AM
From buy and sell, gold, money and into digital currency we can definitely tell how far the evolution of money as being the medium to have the things you want to have. Soon, as digital currency will  be used and replace money, a cashless society is expected to happen.
Activity: 252
October 04, 2018, 07:00:44 AM
shell >> salt >> beads >> precious metals >> paper money >> crypto >> ??
Activity: 154
October 04, 2018, 04:13:32 AM
I think that cryptocurrencies are a kind of evolutionary stage in the development and formation of the economy of the future.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
October 04, 2018, 03:06:23 AM
it was taught in schools, from rocks and shiny metals from livestocks to rootcrops are once used to purchase goods and now comes the new digital money that can be used online, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, actually they are just one of the innovated form or medium of buying stuffs, money has evolved and deemed precious in any form, anything with value can be considered as money, investment and valuable possession, what's unique about crypto, is the range of its value and price that is dependent on the demand.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
October 04, 2018, 02:56:17 AM
well, I think it's clear, from exchanging, and being gold and silver, after that it becomes paper money, and now digital money is starting to emerge. well, but for now, digital money is still being measured based on banknotes, and paper money, still measured based on intrinsic value, namely gold and silver. I think this will continue to grow.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
October 04, 2018, 02:42:14 AM
What i know in money evolution is that it started with Bartering, then gold and minerals, it came the fiat money now towards digital money. No matter how it started the important is now how are we going about it? How are we preparing ourselves to new technology and digital money?

I guess we are all prepared to what may happen in the future. The past will always be remembered as it is and people will always learn to what is the importance of the past. Value of items and products in the past are hard to consider since they are all just trading each other things that is well, valuable but it's value is not really the same as it is now. Nowadays, artifacts are being valued so much it will cost you your whole life. I guess in the past and what it is now, the only thing that changed is the value of things, if you will be thinking of it, even a simple thing has a great value and people are paying for it.
This is actually the future and there is definitely no doubt about it. We have seen the way things have panned out since the beginning of crypto sphere and we surely have in mind what would become of the future as all things being equal.

Looking from way back of our ancestors, the way they spend, transact, we will know that evolution is something that is inevitable, and it will definitely come one way or the other. Now, we are seeing it on a different light and with the way things are going, this is a new form of money that will be replacing the paper currency in the long run and who even knows what tomorrow may be holding?
copper member
Activity: 61
Merit: 2
October 03, 2018, 05:50:42 AM
I think the article you linked is pretty basic. There are a lot to say about the history of money, how and why did money appeared. I think this post by Nick Szabo it's better in explaining money and their relationship with blockchains and cryptocurrencies: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2017/02/money-blockchains-and-social-scalability.html
Activity: 616
Merit: 118
October 03, 2018, 04:54:38 AM
Money is indeed the major part of the sequence of life in each individuals at this moment. Thus, majority of the people depend on the money about their needs and their dreams. With that, the transformation for money has a great implication for humans such as the change in culture. However, these changes will lead into developmental project by human being.
that's right, right now human beings are increasingly developing and demanding everything more simple, just as money which is currently human beings prefer to use digital money rather than physical money, because it is easier to carry and very efficient to use
Activity: 400
Merit: 59
October 03, 2018, 04:40:26 AM
This is interesting but I believe it is missing a ton of meat. There are so many different cultures and mediums for money that have been used over the years. From rocks to digital assets. Metals to flowers. Meats and furs. Flour etc etc.

Yes it is. Money continuously evolved as per what the people needed. It seems that it is borm to serve people. And as of today we can see it. That no matter what, people are in deep need of it and money cannot live without people. But then as we look further to the future, there is a possibility that bitcoin will be the future of the medium of transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
October 03, 2018, 04:31:10 AM
Well it is a good to know article about money. I just think that it is kind of cyclic how the economy works ehen currency is involved. I thinl crypto currency is the next evolution of currencies and i hope we don't have to resort to Fiat or worse yet, bartering off goods in exchange fornother goods or services.
This is not even something to be thinking about, every system of government admits that blockchain is the future and even though they may have some problem with decentralization, there is just nothing they can simply do about it at the moment and that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Money has changed over the years and now we are fortunate to be experiencing a different change entirely. Changes are not bound to occur immediately as it is gradual and some generation may completely have to pass away, but one way or the other, the change is here and we know in the future, things would really come into effect more than we have now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
October 01, 2018, 02:26:21 AM
Well it is a good to know article about money. I just think that it is kind of cyclic how the economy works ehen currency is involved. I thinl crypto currency is the next evolution of currencies and i hope we don't have to resort to Fiat or worse yet, bartering off goods in exchange fornother goods or services.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
September 30, 2018, 08:13:59 AM
What i know in money evolution is that it started with Bartering, then gold and minerals, it came the fiat money now towards digital money. No matter how it started the important is now how are we going about it? How are we preparing ourselves to new technology and digital money?

I guess we are all prepared to what may happen in the future. The past will always be remembered as it is and people will always learn to what is the importance of the past. Value of items and products in the past are hard to consider since they are all just trading each other things that is well, valuable but it's value is not really the same as it is now. Nowadays, artifacts are being valued so much it will cost you your whole life. I guess in the past and what it is now, the only thing that changed is the value of things, if you will be thinking of it, even a simple thing has a great value and people are paying for it.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
September 30, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
The creation of money differs for every generation, as technology is evolving and development is ongoing this calls for the digital currency where you wont need to use fiat but an invisible or online money, This might take a while before it can be accepted globally as there are limitations to digital currency.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 30, 2018, 05:20:38 AM
This is definitely a trend, and no cash is the future. Future money will be defined as numbers. It has nothing to do with paper. The era of numbers and entities is coming soon.
maybe bitcoin is change of that era for the future. of course, slowly many governments accept it, and if all over the world has recognized it, i think change in that means of payment will occur
Activity: 378
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
September 30, 2018, 04:35:49 AM
This is definitely a trend, and no cash is the future. Future money will be defined as numbers. It has nothing to do with paper. The era of numbers and entities is coming soon.
Pages:
Jump to: