Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution of Money - page 4. (Read 1961 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 0
September 06, 2018, 02:19:35 AM
The currency was born in order to meet the needs of the trade exchange of human society. Currency is an intermediate object to evaluate a commodity. Food, widgets, gold, silver... is the currency through the development periods of human society. I believe the period of cryptocurrency will come soon.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
September 06, 2018, 01:40:03 AM
Heyyy Guys , found this article really interesting :

https://medium.com/@arnoldmuimi/evolution-of-money-ba8609f5f198

What do you think ? This is how money was invented .
Payment currencies evolve from time to time, starting from the barter era, until they find payment instruments in the form of money. and now the world is starting to develop very rapidly, now is the digital era, but I don't think the world will remove fiat money and replace it with this kind of payment.
I think for fiat money will still be like that. however, digital development of course will continue to be done. even I heard the news, that the making of fiat in digital form is currently being developed by several countries. This might be a development of payment technology that is very fast and can happen anywhere.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
September 06, 2018, 01:35:36 AM

Payment currencies evolve from time to time, starting from the barter era, until they find payment instruments in the form of money. and now the world is starting to develop very rapidly, now is the digital era, but I don't think the world will remove fiat money and replace it with this kind of payment.
Activity: 53
September 05, 2018, 10:57:44 PM
Its all about money, money is a necessity for all of us, and the growing age of money is changing, so we need to follow in every development, right?
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
September 05, 2018, 07:25:25 PM
Well, it's really a cool article makes you realized of evolution and the creation of money.
Surprisingly, paper money seems like created wealth out of nothing, if you think about it, financial institution or central bank reserves the right to create the money based on their assets and liabilities. However, as paper money valuable out of nothing, printing as much money as possible is not a solution to overcome economic problems, because it will lead to inflation, moreover all central banks in each country are subject to World Bank rules. Hence, in this case, the perfect form of money is silver or gold as there is a rule called "pseudo gold".
Activity: 130
September 05, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

I think bitcoin is next evolutions of fiat money. As we look at and traces from the past there is no paper money from the old centuries its only a gold and silver coins and now there's and evolution coming the paper money. And my prediction that bitcoin is the next generation to a future money which is digital money currency.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 05, 2018, 06:37:47 PM
Anything that is easily used as a medium of exchange in settling a trade is called money.  Earlier demanded commodities like salt, rice wheat, weapons, livestock was used as money, it was called barter exchange. After that metallic money like gold, silver, copper come into existence. They were quiet popular. Soon this money was found inconvenient as well as dangerous to carry, so replaced by paper currency. Every country prints its own fiat currency as per their policy; generally these currencies are printed and controlled by the central bank of that country. After economic revolution paper money is accompanies by credit money, plastic money etc. The latest form of Digital money (bitcoin) gets introduced in the year 2009. Purpose of all forms of money is to make the trade simple and easy.
The first part of your post is not exactly right, you can use almost anything as a medium of exchange as long as the other person accepts it but that doesn't makes it money, money has a set of specific characteristics and it wasn't until gold was converted to coins of the same weight and size when we had money for the first time in history, this is why even if people try to say that bitcoin is not money we can show them they are wrong because bitcoins fits all the characteristics that defines money.
Activity: 158
Merit: 11
Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
September 05, 2018, 05:10:48 PM
Bitcoin is certainly an interesting evolution, but more from a financial point of view it is from a political one: if the bitcoin really wins its battle, the biggest changes will be produced on a political, not economic level.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
September 02, 2018, 01:03:36 PM
Everything in the universe changes, but this does not necessarily mean that it "evolves": as Tony Robbins says, change is certain, progress no.
So, we'll see if this change really will bring benefits or it will be a further tool of control by political power.
Activity: 54
September 01, 2018, 11:52:13 AM
yes bitcoin is the evolution of money in the future
Activity: 53
September 01, 2018, 11:27:41 AM
Money is indeed the major part of the sequence of life in each individuals at this moment. Thus, majority of the people depend on the money about their needs and their dreams. With that, the transformation for money has a great implication for humans such as the change in culture. However, these changes will lead into developmental project by human being.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
September 01, 2018, 10:56:33 AM
All I read are eventualities in our economic history. Humans thrive on innovations to make our life even better than before. We always move forward else we halt with the past. Now cryptocurrency is still in its early stages and I believe that it is another eventuality that we cannot stop but should learn to embrace.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
Now there are many kinds of money and there are banknotes and digital money. And every money must be based on trust if many people believe in that money, the money will be used more and more, just like digital money (bitcoin) where it wasn’t many people believe in bitcoin and didn’t have a price but now digital money (Bitcoin) has many people using it and the price is very expensive now.
Activity: 60
August 27, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

This is really interesting about how the evolution of the money in the society; the transformation from the shells to coins, and from coins to paper money.

So, how about the evolution from the paper money to digital currency?

I think this might be possible to the future. There will be lots of the process to probably make it. Research and study will be conducted in order to apply this evolution. When this time comes, digital society will rise and become a culture for the humanity.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 27, 2018, 10:43:25 AM

What a greay article,atleast now i know that paper money was first created and used in 1297 things that gives me no care from the start,but reading this article makes me wonder what made people become greed because of this medium of trading..but happy seeing bitcoin part of the evolution and facing the reality is considering the cryptocurrency also for the future of humanity
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 24, 2018, 08:54:01 AM
in my opinion, money is a system that has been agreed to be a way to exchange goods, due to the barter system the value of an item is not fixed, but if using money we can determine the value of an item
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 12:18:40 PM
the evolution of money seems to be very good and as technology develops this currency can have a form of digital currency that is very useful and safe transactions.
Activity: 12
August 23, 2018, 12:14:20 PM
This article makes sense. The author has a point. If cryptocurrency will be utilized by people especially the community, no doubt that it will replace fiats. For now, we are still coping in the shadow of crypto, which people are afraid of. But sooner or later it will become the most prominent medium of currency in the world due to its characteristic that fiat currency doesn't have.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
August 23, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
Money has evolved in the strangest ways over the centuries.
Inevitably, with the current speed of change, even money has accelerated, We'll see what happens.

Yes, everything in the universe evolves, or at least changes and adapts to the circumstances.
Money has undergone many changes over the millennia, but the birth of bitcoin - with the relative decentralization of power - is something extremely revolutionary, and the changes it will cause are not yet clear.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
August 22, 2018, 06:48:08 PM
Money has evolved in the strangest ways over the centuries.
Inevitably, with the current speed of change, even money has accelerated, We'll see what happens.
Pages:
Jump to: