Pages:
Author

Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner - page 5. (Read 2164073 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
April 13, 2018, 10:31:25 PM

Try to use, Overclocking tool such as MSI AB or Overdriven tool and play with clocks on the affected GPU card, much better if you install this solely without other cards while doing troubleshoots

this is good read and also my reference for doing 1080ti clocks

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1080ti-specific-best-mining-option-1940567

The problem turned out to be that those 3 GPUs throttle at 67 degrees C, which is quite strange. The only assumption that i have is that such config is in their BIOS. I have tried different software like MSI AB, nothing has helped. The soonest they reach a temp of 67 C, the "memory controller load" drops from ~80% to ~50% then the hashrate drops from 750 Sol to 250 Sol
I did not dare to manipulated an encrypted BIOS, so i just reduced the power limit from 100% to 70% and set the fan manually on 55%. this way i keep the temp between 55 to 65 without hitting the 67 limit that those GPUs have.
I hope you find this helpful!

Weird though, well at least you got his working spots, glad to hear

Activity: 16
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Try to use, Overclocking tool such as MSI AB or Overdriven tool and play with clocks on the affected GPU card, much better if you install this solely without other cards while doing troubleshoots

The problem turned out to be that those 3 GPUs throttle at 67 degrees C, which is quite strange. The only assumption that i have is that such config is in their BIOS. I have tried different software like MSI AB, nothing has helped. The soonest they reach a temp of 67 C, the "memory controller load" drops from ~80% to ~50% then the hashrate drops from 750 Sol to 250 Sol
I did not dare to manipulated an encrypted BIOS, so i just reduced the power limit from 100% to 70% and set the fan manually on 55%. this way i keep the temp between 55 to 65 without hitting the 67 limit that those GPUs have.
I hope you find this helpful!
Grow with community
April 12, 2018, 11:53:28 AM
did the 10 GPU all connected to a single rig?
Yes, the 10 GPUs are all connected to the same rig
If i run one GPU or 3 or 7 or 10, always the same 3 GPUs will underperform and the 7 will perform well, which makes me doubtful that it is some resource issue from the rig. Also i unplugged the power cable from a high performing GPU and plugged into a low poerforming GPU and did not help, I also took the powered riser from the high performing GPU to a low performing GPU and did not help

hows your PSU setup?
Evga 1600 has 4 GPUs
BeQuite 1200 has 3 GPUs
But again, with one single GPU on the Evga 1600 the bad performing GPU will still perform bad

with that number of GPU's, try to set higher Virtual mem
I have 80 GB virtual memory
With one single GPU still it will slow down to ~250 to ~350

also how do you do your clocks?
Default only

try to do downclock a bit just for isolations
Which i reduce the intensity of the miner, the bad performing GPUs go up from 250 Sol to 350 Sol, but this is still very far from the 750 Sol or even just 700 Sol like all other GPUs

I tried several times to uninstall with DDU and reinstall all over again, no change
I am wondering if it is a software issue?
would reinstalling windows from scratch help? taking into consideration that no matter how i play around with the GPUs the low performers will always perform lower no matter if you give the the power cables and powered risers and PCIe slot of a high performer. makes me doubt if it is Windows issue

The only thing i could spot is the "memory controller load"
I have googled it quite a bit with no success

April 12, 2018, 11:42:49 AM
did the 10 GPU all connected to a single rig?
Yes, the 10 GPUs are all connected to the same rig
If i run one GPU or 3 or 7 or 10, always the same 3 GPUs will underperform and the 7 will perform well, which makes me doubtful that it is some resource issue from the rig. Also i unplugged the power cable from a high performing GPU and plugged into a low poerforming GPU and did not help, I also took the powered riser from the high performing GPU to a low performing GPU and did not help

hows your PSU setup?
Evga 1600 has 4 GPUs
BeQuite 1200 has 3 GPUs
But again, with one single GPU on the Evga 1600 the bad performing GPU will still perform bad

I have 80 GB virtual memory
With one single GPU still it will slow down to ~250 to ~350

also how do you do your clocks?
Default only

try to do downclock a bit just for isolations
Which i reduce the intensity of the miner, the bad performing GPUs go up from 250 Sol to 350 Sol, but this is still very far from the 750 Sol or even just 700 Sol like all other GPUs

I tried several times to uninstall with DDU and reinstall all over again, no change
I am wondering if it is a software issue?
would reinstalling windows from scratch help? taking into consideration that no matter how i play around with the GPUs the low performers will always perform lower no matter if you give the the power cables and powered risers and PCIe slot of a high performer. makes me doubt if it is Windows issue

The only thing i could spot is the "memory controller load"
I have googled it quite a bit with no success
Grow with community
April 12, 2018, 10:33:51 AM
Hi All,
I have 10 Zotac 1080 TI Extreme GPUs, running on windows 10, 64 bit.
Windows updates & Nvidia drivers are all the latest
I have 3 GPUs out of the 7, which start hashing at 750 Sol, but after few minutes they drop all the way down to ~300 or even ~250
I have tried different power risers, different PSUs, different PCIe slots, nothing has helped
The same 3 GPUs will always start at 750 and go down to ~300
The same 7 GPUs will start at 750 and stay at the same level, no matter how i swap the PSUs, powered risers, slots, sockets, etc...
The display is connected directly to the motherboard not to any GPU All GPUs has power state of P2, so i dont believe that one will do 750 and the other 250 because of this
I tried different miners, but the two showed absolutely the same result. 3 GPUs badly perform and 7 perform very well
I noticed that "memory controller load" on the high performing GPUs is about 80% while on the badly performing GPUs is around 55%, using Hardware Info software. Is this the root cause? Any idea how can i fix this?

did the 10 GPU all connected to a single rig? hows your PSU setup?

also how do you do your clocks? try to do downclock a bit just for isolations
April 12, 2018, 09:53:00 AM
Hi All,
I have 10 Zotac 1080 TI Extreme GPUs, running on windows 10, 64 bit.
Windows updates & Nvidia drivers are all the latest
I have 3 GPUs out of the 7, which start hashing at 750 Sol, but after few minutes they drop all the way down to ~300 or even ~250
I have tried different power risers, different PSUs, different PCIe slots, nothing has helped
The same 3 GPUs will always start at 750 and go down to ~300
The same 7 GPUs will start at 750 and stay at the same level, no matter how i swap the PSUs, powered risers, slots, sockets, etc...
The display is connected directly to the motherboard not to any GPU All GPUs has power state of P2, so i dont believe that one will do 750 and the other 250 because of this
I tried different miners, but the two showed absolutely the same result. 3 GPUs badly perform and 7 perform very well
I noticed that "memory controller load" on the high performing GPUs is about 80% while on the badly performing GPUs is around 55%, using Hardware Info software. Is this the root cause? Any idea how can i fix this?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 01:30:05 PM
Hello to all the miners Help me figure out the problem 1. I start the miner I have 4 cards 1060 ayrus and this picture shows on the cards for example 1G 300 2G200 3G300 4G300 then the minor restart 1G 300 2G 240 3G 300 4G 300 then 1G 300 2G 190 3G300 4G again 300 and so can restart 10 times until it's normal to get 1G 300 2G 300 3G 300 4G 300
2. The problem I launch the miner everything is OK can fly right away can after 10 hours here do not guess (I will immediately describe the moments of the raiser driver swap file and all that's worth it and everything changed picture does not change the mother gigabyte h270-hd3 may uzeee from another takaee mother and cards on it hangs and neither does everything work [img] https://prnt.sc/j3fy7k [/ img] who faced a similar problem write help All Thanks.
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
April 09, 2018, 03:23:55 AM
Is the project really abandoned?

It has been abandoned for quite a while but the miner still performs well. Just use the nofee option.

Miner is not performing well for a few days now. Upgrade needed!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
April 03, 2018, 08:29:16 AM

It has been abandoned for quite a while but the miner still performs well. Just use the nofee option.
Activity: 39
April 03, 2018, 04:22:30 AM
Activity: 219
Merit: 30
March 30, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
any news for new version?
Activity: 24
March 26, 2018, 07:47:26 AM
Lots of the pools compile their own version or make improvements. Just use the link the first post of this thread to download the official one.

the links in the first post are google drive and mega links, google does not allow download because of virus and mega cannot be used with wget (for example) .. I would just like a simple HTTP download link. Looks like I have to host the files myself then
legendary
March 26, 2018, 07:30:43 AM
Did you check their github repository?

is it nanopool/ewbf-miner ? I wasn't sure if this is the official repo because it has nanopool in it (I don't know if they are related)

Lots of the pools compile their own version or make improvements. Just use the link the first post of this thread to download the official one.
March 26, 2018, 06:31:55 AM

is it nanopool/ewbf-miner ? I wasn't sure if this is the official repo because it has nanopool in it (I don't know if they are related)
legendary
March 25, 2018, 09:31:50 PM
any chance to get the official binaries somewhere else to have them available for automatic downloads?

google does not allow because of virus and mega is complicated in automated environments.

Thanks for any hints

or is the only option to host the binaries myself (am I allowed to do so?)

March 25, 2018, 07:09:57 PM
any chance to get the official binaries somewhere else to have them available for automatic downloads?

google does not allow because of virus and mega is complicated in automated environments.

Thanks for any hints

or is the only option to host the binaries myself (am I allowed to do so?)
Activity: 4
March 24, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
Nice miner guys, thank you!  Smiley
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
March 22, 2018, 05:04:37 PM
I just announced new equihash mining proxy software, see the BCT post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-aiostratum-proxy-v11-fast-multi-coin-mining-proxy-for-1000s-of-rigs-3179895

Open source, no devfee, multi coin/algo, just aiming to help miners out. Building it has been a great learning experience in the mining technology ecosystem. I appreciate the feedback - happy mining. Spread the word!
Activity: 57
March 22, 2018, 01:08:46 PM
Good job guys
Activity: 21
March 21, 2018, 04:26:37 PM
Anyone else noticing multiple DevFee?

Ive been using this miner for a couple months now with normal DevFee. Within the past week I noticed a huge increase in the frequency of "DevFee"

I dont mind paying at all but this is something I havent seen before. I switched to a diff miner for now but if and when I do go back if it continues to happen Ill take a screen shot.
Pages:
Jump to: