Pages:
Author

Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner - page 9. (Read 2164073 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 01:53:51 PM

CUDA: Device: 0 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 2 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 3 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 4 Thread exited with code: 46
ERROR: Some workers are stopped. Attempt to restart: 2
CUDA: Device: 0 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 0 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 1 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 2 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 2 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 3 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 3 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 4 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 4 Thread exited with code: 46

Just got the same glitch, restarting the script worked fine.
Some time ago I had kind of the same problem with Claymore and my AMD's.
hint to EWBF: Setting the (-r 240) "restart by user" switch to every 4 hours solved my problem. Wink

Thanks for the restart by user hint, didn't even know it existed till I saw your post.  I've set it up on all my miners as a just in case measure.  I believe I have found a solution for Thread exited with code: 46 , Thread exited with code: 77 , and Thread exited with code 30 .  After hours of tinkering and sifting through logs in EVGA precision X I noticed a correlation between power % and this error.  Every time it would happen on my 1060 and 1070 rigs they would be within 4% of 100%.  One of the times I even saw GPU voltage at 0.000% the line before the miner crashed.  I've found on both my rigs that were having this problem, setting the power % to 94% has stopped the problem and allowed me to returned to an overclocked (rather than under clocked) configuration.  My 1060 is now getting me a consistent 280-300 sol/sec with these overclocked settings on an MSI 1060 3GT OC 3GB.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/dtawom/1060_zpsghnrimkv.jpg
[/quote]

Do you know what is the manufacter of your GPU's memory?
Activity: 239
Merit: 12
February 20, 2018, 09:04:32 AM
Version 0.3.4b. there are more than six months, do you plan the release of a new version of the program, what should be the settings to enable developers to receive payments for the work programme.

Don't think dev is around anymore.  The dev fee is built in unless you use --fee 0.

Beware you get a penalty in hash if you disable it and the fee is not just 2%.

https://forum.z.cash/t/ewbf-dev-fee-almost-doubled-1-9-to-3-6-average/22460

Here we go again. Don't listen to the noobs. There is no penalty. If interested search for Chub's post a few pages ago where he performed MITM on EWBF.
Activity: 38
February 20, 2018, 07:11:46 AM
Version 0.3.4b. there are more than six months, do you plan the release of a new version of the program, what should be the settings to enable developers to receive payments for the work programme.

Don't think dev is around anymore.  The dev fee is built in unless you use --fee 0.

Beware you get a penalty in hash if you disable it and the fee is not just 2%.

https://forum.z.cash/t/ewbf-dev-fee-almost-doubled-1-9-to-3-6-average/22460
February 20, 2018, 05:44:32 AM
"ERROR: Cannot initialize NVML. Temperature monitor will not work!"
What does that mean ? what should i do ?
thanks, bros!

Reinstall drivers in a proper way (DDU/safe mode)
Activity: 1
February 20, 2018, 12:15:53 AM
Hello all,
I'm having trouble with the miner crashing my system. I have version 0.3.4b. Usually the crash presents itself as the system not responding to any input, but sometimes it just straight up reboots seemingly out of nowhere. This happens at stock clock and while underclocking, and the GPU (the hottest component) never gets above 60C. When it first started happening, I would have to leave it idle for at least an hour (sometimes much more) before it would crash, but if I was actively interacting with the computer, even for hours, it would never crash. Recently, after tinkering with clock settings and intensity values, it has been happening much more frequently, and even when I'm interacting with the computer (we're talking after 15 minutes of mining). This allowed me to finally catch the crash when it happened, and I figured out that the system appears to remain responsive (I can turn Num Lock, caps lock, etc. on and off) with the display frozen for about 10 seconds, which makes me think that the fault starts at the GPU. I have also been able to recreate this in Ubuntu 16.04, which means that it's likely not windows. At first, I thought it might be some windows service that was pushing the card over the edge, but now I have no clue. One site suggested I try fiddling with the TDR registry values, but it seems like many of the TDR values (including TdrDelay, TdrLevel, etc) are completely missing from the registry. I have also tried flashing my UEFI, as well as reinstalling the latest drivers from nVidia. I wasn't thinking of mining when I built my computer, but it should be more than capable of handling it. My specs are as follows:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (liquid cooled w/ Corsair H100i)
GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix
MB: ASRock AB350M Pro4
Mem: 2x G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB
Pictures and files can be posted upon request.
Thanks,
JCrissey97
Activity: 102
February 19, 2018, 01:54:18 PM

Don't think dev is around anymore.  The dev fee is built in unless you use --fee 0.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
February 19, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
February 19, 2018, 08:46:55 AM
Oh crap, I've mistaken EWBF with CCminer, lol Embarrassed I was trying out EWBF for Zcash with the 1060. Nevermind, wrong topic Wink

No problem, but:
a) You shouldn't be mining Lira2Rev2 with gtx cards; equihash is the most profitable algo for them (almost always), then just exchange your coins to XVG or whatever you like.
b) You shouldn't be mining Lira2Rev2 with CCminer because the hash rate reported by this miner is ~20% larger than real hash rate (at pool side). That's a known issue.
February 19, 2018, 08:29:21 AM
everytime I use this my cards run too hot - constantly crashes
3x1070
3x1080
gpus seem to get hot after 5mins

have run stock
and underclocked
fans tweaked

any sugggestions greatly appreciated

It might be a virus. Just check the previous two pages  of the thread. Evil Genius (post #5770) found a BTC miner 982 virus in EWBF and claimed that reduced the power of his cards. So it may also effect your rig.
The solution proposed by Evil Genius is to use Dr Web to cure EWBF and to remove mining virus. There might be a complication though - your EWBF may stop mining.
Then you can use a solution proposed by Chup (post #5779) - use a hammer.
This part is tricky. The first time I tried it, when I smashed my MB with a hammer, it just stopped working completely. I think it's probably because I forgot to put my underpants on my head (as pointed by Pils, post # 5782).
So I re-ordered a MB and will try again later.
Activity: 103
February 19, 2018, 06:21:16 AM
everytime I use this my cards run too hot - constantly crashes
3x1070
3x1080
gpus seem to get hot after 5mins

have run stock
and underclocked
fans tweaked

any sugggestions greatly appreciated

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 11:49:23 PM
Anybody could tell me where I can download a clean version of this software please? 

Page 1..
Thanks man
Activity: 5
February 18, 2018, 01:06:18 PM
Oh crap, I've mistaken EWBF with CCminer, lol Embarrassed I was trying out EWBF for Zcash with the 1060. Nevermind, wrong topic Wink
February 18, 2018, 10:03:52 AM
Hi, I have an issue with my EWBF miner.
I'm using it to mine XVG and it's been working just fine until I swapped my GTX 1050 to 1060 for a couple of days, and then when I installed the 1050 again the miner stopped showing the power consumption of the card. I reinstalled the drivers (clean install), installed the card itself again on the motherboard and still nothing - it shows 0W all the time.

Any idea what could've caused it and how to fix it?

Care to share how you mine non-equihash coin with EWBF?
Thanks.
Activity: 38
February 18, 2018, 10:02:23 AM
I'm using it to mine XVG and it's been working just fine until I swapped my GTX 1050 to 1060 for a couple of days, and then when I installed the 1050 again the miner stopped showing the power consumption of the card. I reinstalled the drivers (clean install), installed the card itself again on the motherboard and still nothing - it shows 0W all the time.

If Windows, you could try uninstalling the drivers properly: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Activity: 5
February 18, 2018, 08:48:52 AM

Activity: 102
February 18, 2018, 03:54:38 AM
Anybody could tell me where I can download a clean version of this software please? 

Page 1..
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 01:03:16 AM
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
February 17, 2018, 04:51:40 AM

Of course,... use a bigger hammer.

It didn't help, unfortunately Sad
I smashed my MB with a hammer, now it doesn't power up at all.
I think I did it wrong. Could you please give me a step-by-step guide (ideally a youtube video)? (the exact rig's part I need to hit, the amount of force I need to apply, etc)

You did it great, just not realized the same. Idea was to destroy mining virus. Now it's not mining, so You screwed virus. Long live virustotal...
Activity: 23
February 17, 2018, 04:23:06 AM
Did you forget to put your underpants on your head while you smashed it? That could be why it didn't work. Sorry you'll have to buy a new MB and try again...
February 16, 2018, 09:05:14 AM
Guys, I can confirm EWBF is infected with miner - my windows just detected it. I used Dr Web, as advised previously, to cure it. Now my EWBF is clean, there is no miner in it. There is however another problem -  it's not mining any more. Any ideas?

Of course,... use a bigger hammer.

It didn't help, unfortunately Sad
I smashed my MB with a hammer, now it doesn't power up at all.
I think I did it wrong. Could you please give me a step-by-step guide (ideally a youtube video)? (the exact rig's part I need to hit, the amount of force I need to apply, etc)
Pages:
Jump to: