Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 20. (Read 179232 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 7
Hello dear dropky. Please add total GPU power usage (Watt) in HTTP API if it possible.

I will add this to our to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello dear dropky. Please add total GPU power usage (Watt) in HTTP API if it possible.
When i am mining with 6 GPU GTX1070 run smooth but when i mine using 8 GPU GTX1070 always crash, using same GPU Gigabyte 1070 ITX
I am using 2 worker for zec
Have anyone try 8GPU (16 worker) with excavator experience the same?
I have try multiple overclock configuration, still crash and sometime bluescreen

Please tell me, does excavator support 8GPU, because last time i use excavator 1.1.0a stable
I try my 8GPU rig, using 2 software, 4GPU using excavator, and 4GPU using EBWF, and it is stable,
Djezo can you please confirm excavator 1.3.2a support 8GPU?

Please zawawa djezo, or anyone, have try using 8GPU with no problem? What do i do wrong?

Did you try to run it with one worker per GPU? How about the M option?

Not try M option, i use 2 worker per GPU, 8GPU=16worker, try using 5GPU stable
If it does support 8GPU, i think i will try again

Please try to run the 1.3.4 version. You should run one worker per device and leave M as it is (default is 1 from now on). Excavator does support 8 GPUs. 
Activity: 13
When i am mining with 6 GPU GTX1070 run smooth but when i mine using 8 GPU GTX1070 always crash, using same GPU Gigabyte 1070 ITX
I have try multiple overclock configuration, still crash and sometime bluescreen

Please tell me, does excavator support 8GPU, because last time i use excavator 1.1.0a stable
I try my 8GPU rig, using 2 software, 4GPU using excavator, and 4GPU using EBWF, and it is stable,

Please zawawa djezo, or anyone, have try using 8GPU with no problem? What do i do wrong?

Not try M option, i use 2 worker per GPU, 8GPU=16worker, try using 5GPU stable
If it does support 8GPU, i think i will try again

New version of Excavator was released:

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.3.4a

It includes improvements for equihash, keccak and lyra2rev2. 

@zawawa will upload Debian packages for Ubuntu shortly.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Updated Excavator Monitor android application

Added All GPUs Power Usage
Added summary pool speed

Google Play Link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.flintnet.ExcavatorMonitor
Activity: 2
No overclocking support and fan control in linux version?
Also, where should I put index.html to get statistics page as in windows version?
Activity: 54
Forgive me please for asking this question. I have the excavator up and running (I couldn't believe it, but it is working) using the JSON formats etc that I saw in this thread.

I absolutely mean no disrespect what so ever. But with my 1060 card I'm getting about 247 H/s mining Hush or Zen. With EWBF, I get around 280 H/s.

So can someone explain to me what I am missing? I know people wouldn't work this hard on a miner that is slower without a very good reason. So please explain to me the reason I might want to use this instead of EWBF? Thanks very much.

I am getting 267 H/s with equihash and 1060 3GB. I would try a different driver.

Alright, I will try a different driver. No problem there. I usually use the latest and greatest from Nvidia. Is there a particular version you tend to stick to?
Also, when I install the driver, I DO NOT install the 3d drivers, virtual sound thingy, nor the Nvidia experience. I install the graphics driver, physics driver, and the HD audio driver. Don't know if that makes a shred of difference?

Secondly, If I use this excavator miner outside of NH's "shell" (so to speak) to mine at any other pool, am I, or I am I NOT paying the dreaded 'dev fee?'

Anyone can answer this btw, but thanks to the original responder. 
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Good to hear !  Although if the bitcoinGold thing makes equihash more profitable, in the meantime, it wouldnt be a bad thing to switch miners to get that extra hashrate.  its not very user friendly though for the noobs unfortunately.  I have to say, nicehash miner 2 although not really suitable for me, is a real good piece of work.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
I would also try the new zcash miner, DSTM.  Its about 5-10% faster than ewbf.  Hopefully you guys can look into it and improve excavator or incorporate it in the nicehash legacy/v2 whatever.

Our competitions certainly keep us on our toes.  Grin
We are revisiting equihash right now.
I will keep you guys updated.
Miner Developer
This is a late notice, but excavator v1.3.3_nvidia is available both for Windows and Linux now.

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.3.3a

* bug fixes & improvements
* added algorithm cryptonight
* added algorithm keccak

Enjoy!
Miner Developer

Activity: 13

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Forgive me please for asking this question. I have the excavator up and running (I couldn't believe it, but it is working) using the JSON formats etc that I saw in this thread.

I absolutely mean no disrespect what so ever. But with my 1060 card I'm getting about 247 H/s mining Hush or Zen. With EWBF, I get around 280 H/s.

So can someone explain to me what I am missing? I know people wouldn't work this hard on a miner that is slower without a very good reason. So please explain to me the reason I might want to use this instead of EWBF? Thanks very much.

I am getting 267 H/s with equihash and 1060 3GB. I would try a different driver.

I would also try the new zcash miner, DSTM.  Its about 5-10% faster than ewbf.  Hopefully you guys can look into it and improve excavator or incorporate it in the nicehash legacy/v2 whatever.
Miner Developer
lol new version 2.0.1.3 removed daggerhashimoto for 3gb cards!!! LOL they dont know till April is profitable?

We decided to drop 3GB cards for daggerhashimoto because the DAG size was getting dangerously close to the 3GB limit and daggerhashimoto didn't even run on these cards especially when they are used as primary cards. This may not be a problem for experienced miners, but the majority of NHM users are casual ones. There are so many things to consider, you know...

With version 2.0.0.8 still getting 143mh with  6x 1060 3gb no.issues

I understand that your rigs work fine, but your very specific case is not universally generalizable to hundreds of thousands of PC's out there.
Memory usage depends on a number of factors, including the OS, driver and background processes, and we needed to be absolutely on the safe side.
I would recommend you just use excavator instead of NHMv2 as the former gives you more control than the latter.
After all, that is exactly why we made excavator publicly available.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
lol new version 2.0.1.3 removed daggerhashimoto for 3gb cards!!! LOL they dont know till April is profitable?

We decided to drop 3GB cards for daggerhashimoto because the DAG size was getting dangerously close to the 3GB limit and daggerhashimoto didn't even run on these cards especially when they are used as primary cards. This may not be a problem for experienced miners, but the majority of NHM users are casual ones. There are so many things to consider, you know...

With version 2.0.0.8 still getting 143mh with  6x 1060 3gb no.issues
Miner Developer

Miner Developer

Activity: 756
Activity: 463
Anybody tested the speeds of cryptonight and keccak for nvidia cards?
Pages:
Jump to: