Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 43. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
How did you check what TDP it is running? Did you use GPU-Z?
No I see it in the usage. If i do a tdp of 60% the card uses 90 Watts. And with the new miner it goes to 145 Watts.
So I want to limit the power draw to about 90 Watts.

I will try the power_limit command as suggested.  

Can I place it in this section then ?

{"time":3,"commands":[
      {"id":2,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["0","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}
   ]},
Activity: 38
Is there an example how to set the tdp? I have tried it in the default_command_file.json. But is doesn't start.
I have added this to the file  {"id":2,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["0","60"]} but won't get it to work.

I experienced the same problem - it might be too low a value. Card probably cannot work at that level. Try 70 or 75.

This is how my file looks like :

[
   {"time":0,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","equihash.EU.nicehash.com:3357","15pxxxHP.jslrig"]}
   ]},
      {"id":2,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["0","80"]},
   ]},
   {"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["1"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
   ]}
]

It is still running at 100% tdp.

With the "old" 1.1.4a version I got it at 60% TDP drawing 90 Watts.

What I'm I doing wrong ?

Try using power_limit instead of tpd. Power_limit is in watts - I use 120 value, which gives me about 80% tpd on my 1070.
I found out the power_limit is more stable also, with no rejects and hardly ever restarts.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Hey guys , so I have nicehash been running for a month now -- getting paid in bitcoin

Was wondering ... can I mine other coins instead using nicehash? Like I want to say mine ethereum and earn ethereum outside of bitcoin

If not , can someone lead me to best way to make it easy like NiceHash to do so ?

Thanks <3

It is not possible at this point. That may or may not change in the future, though...
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Hey guys , so I have nicehash been running for a month now -- getting paid in bitcoin

Was wondering ... can I mine other coins instead using nicehash? Like I want to say mine ethereum and earn ethereum outside of bitcoin

If not , can someone lead me to best way to make it easy like NiceHash to do so ?

Thanks <3

I will lead you, start fucking read the forum!
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
How did you check what TDP it is running? Did you use GPU-Z?
Is there an example how to set the tdp? I have tried it in the default_command_file.json. But is doesn't start.
I have added this to the file  {"id":2,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["0","60"]} but won't get it to work.

I experienced the same problem - it might be too low a value. Card probably cannot work at that level. Try 70 or 75.

[
      {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","equihash.EU.nicehash.com:3357","15pxxxHP.jslrig"]}
   ]},
   ]},
   ]}
]

What I'm I doing wrong ?

Which cards are you trying to set TDP for? NVIDIA or AMD?

I use an GTX 1070
Activity: 3

Thanks <3

[
   ]},
   ]},
   ]}
]

What I'm I doing wrong ?

Which cards are you trying to set TDP for? NVIDIA or AMD?

[
   ]},
   ]},
   ]}
]

What I'm I doing wrong ?
Hi everyone - I feel this is probably a silly question, but I wasn't able to easily see the answer.

I have the nicehasminer gui.    It has come with the excavator version stable.    If I would like to try an alpha version like this one, can I simply replace what is in the folder .\miner\bin\excavator\   with the alpha version?

Is there anything else I must do?   (Please point me to a guide/post if there is one, and sorry).

Happy hashing!
This was answered before - iirc - and no, you cannot swap this version with that one, it would not work. This version of excavator will probably endup eventually in the nicehash miner, but we will need to wait until that happens.
I there an example how to set the tdp? I have tried it in the default_command_file.json. But is doesn't start.

Activity: 18
Hi everyone - I feel this is probably a silly question, but I wasn't able to easily see the answer.

I have the nicehasminer gui.    It has come with the excavator version stable.    If I would like to try an alpha version like this one, can I simply replace what is in the folder .\miner\bin\excavator\   with the alpha version?

Is there anything else I must do?   (Please point me to a guide/post if there is one, and sorry).

Happy hashing!
I there an example how to set the tdp? I have tried it in the default_command_file.json. But is doesn't start.
I got an ASUS 1070 Turbo 8gb that is giving me trouble and I would like to know if maybe somebody else encountered this problem.

I have the card installed in windows 10 with the most recent drivers, and it is recognized by the system and by Afterburner, and also by excavator and nicehash miner.

The problem is - at stoc settings I am only getting 330 sols/sec. But no matter what OC settings I throw at it , it still remains at 330-340 (or even less if TPD is 70-75).

Any ideeas?

Check your clocks (core and memory), and run with two or more workers.

The clocks are 1918 core and 4336 memory - with a tpd of 90% in afterburner - only 330 sols/sec, with 2 workers, in Nicehash miner. In excavator, with same OC, it crashes after 2-3 minutes, the only stable setting I get is +150 core +500 memory.

Another thing is - in benchmark testing on nicehash miner I get only 1,2 MH on DaggerHashimoto (I have other identical cards that can do 31 MH/sec).

I reinstalled nvidia drivers (first DDU then clean install), I have updated all the drivers in device manager system, I have updated the bios to the last version (asrock fatality Z87 killer, I have a rig with this mobo that works with 6 gpus).

Please, if you have any ideeas what could be wrong - or what should I test? Could it be that the card is malfunctioning? How do I test for that?

Your Windows ver? Make sure you are using 1607+ if using Windows 10.

If other cards on same system can reach more, then it is probably really some hw issue with this one...

SOLVED! Many thanks DjeZo! it was indeed the windows version. I have no ideea how I got version 1511, since I installed from the same stick as my other rig, and that one is 1607.

Would it make sense to upgrade to an even recent windows version? I know 1607 is not the latest.

Again - thanks very much for your insight. I was about to reinstall windows anyway - but now I know what the problem was.
I got an ASUS 1070 Turbo 8gb that is giving me trouble and I would like to know if maybe somebody else encountered this problem.

I have the card installed in windows 10 with the most recent drivers, and it is recognized by the system and by Afterburner, and also by excavator and nicehash miner.

The problem is - at stoc settings I am only getting 330 sols/sec. But no matter what OC settings I throw at it , it still remains at 330-340 (or even less if TPD is 70-75).

Any ideeas?

The clocks are 1918 core and 4336 memory - with a tpd of 90% in afterburner - only 330 sols/sec, with 2 workers, in Nicehash miner. In excavator, with same OC, it crashes after 2-3 minutes, the only stable setting I get is +150 core +500 memory.

Another thing is - in benchmark testing on nicehash miner I get only 1,2 MH on DaggerHashimoto (I have other identical cards that can do 31 MH/sec).

I reinstalled nvidia drivers (first DDU then clean install), I have updated all the drivers in device manager system, I have updated the bios to the last version (asrock fatality Z87 killer, I have a rig with this mobo that works with 6 gpus).

Please, if you have any ideeas what could be wrong - or what should I test? Could it be that the card is malfunctioning? How do I test for that?

Your Windows ver? Make sure you are using 1607+ if using Windows 10.

If other cards on same system can reach more, then it is probably really some hw issue with this one...

Any ideeas?

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Any eta on ethash?

Hard to say as I am quite ambitious with Ethash. We got a permission from Genoil to use his kernel, and it's already running faster by 15% after a few optimizations on RX 470. We will see.

You mean faster than genoil , not claymore right? Smiley

Well, I would say you do the math.  Cool

15% is a stellar increase for ethash! awesome job!

Thanks! I got a green light, so the next version should be released soon.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250

Oh hey Genoil. If you came back in search for a job, drop by NiceHash, we would love to hire you  Grin

No quite the opposite. My new job draws all the attention away from here  Tongue

Oh hey Genoil. If you came back in search for a job, drop by NiceHash, we would love to hire you  Grin
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
Any eta on ethash?

Hard to say as I am quite ambitious with Ethash. We got a permission from Genoil to use his kernel, and it's already running faster by 15% after a few optimizations on RX 470. We will see.

You mean faster than genoil , not claymore right? Smiley

Well, I would say you do the math.  Cool

Pages:
Jump to: