Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 45. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 256
what speed on 1070 or 1060?who use it?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
All I want to know is if I can reach 435 Sols/s using GTX 1070 stock values - without having to tweak core/mem clocks and temps.

i can't reach it, my gpu at default when i start the miner do only 300 sol, something is wrong here, how cna i increase the hashrate?

yeah I need a line for equihash on supernova aswell. using it trough awesome miner, don't know what to write in to the command line :/ <>

Is awesome miner using latest excavator version?

1.1.4a its using this version dunno is it latest. What about the line guys []

Ah okay. v1.1.4a doesn't have special EULA, but 1.2+ does and it cannot be bundled with any other miner/package without our permission.
It's correct that it's Excavator 1.1.4 that can be automatically downloaded from Awesome Miner today. Thanks for pointing out the EULA changes because I might have missed them otherwise.

Awesome Miner doesn't bundle any mining software, but can do automatic download on demand. So I assume this is the point we need to discuss for the future versions?

where i can download the new version? i can't find it anywhere, and does it come with the same json compilation or like the old 1.13 with more tradiniotal command line?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
All I want to know is if I can reach 435 Sols/s using GTX 1070 stock values - without having to tweak core/mem clocks and temps.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520
It could be done auto, but then you loose ability to do low intensity mining.

Equihash is a bit different than other algos.

So the only thing I need to do is tweak the ini settings of the excavator to get the Sol/s as stated on NiceHash website? Or do I also need to tweak my GTX 1070's clock speeds/mem speeds/voltage to get the 435 Sol/s?

That depends of what kind of card you have. Some have higher clocks by default. And some have better coolers and with lower temp you can get more hash. Also some have higher TDP, which again gives you more hash.

But it is easy to adjust these parameters without using any 3rd party tool.

So the only thing I need to do is tweak the ini settings of the excavator to get the Sol/s as stated on NiceHash website? Or do I also need to tweak my GTX 1070's clock speeds/mem speeds/voltage to get the 435 Sol/s?
What puzzles me is why do we need two specify two 'workers' per gpu? I don't get the logic behind it.

What puzzles me is why do we need to specifically set two 'workers' to maximize the performance for the GTX 1070? I don't get the logic behind it. I tested the excavator with my GTX 750Ti and didn't need to set anything to get the correct Sol/s as stated on the NiceHash website.  I expected the same for the 1070.
Yeah, but I only have one GTX 1070 for testing purposes. So I should run two instances of excavator using the same card?

Edit:

I added the following to the start_equihash+restart_script.bat in excavator directory:

excavator.exe -a equihash -s equihash.%LOCATION%.nicehash.com:3357 -u %BTCADDR%.%WORKER%:x -d %DEBUG_MODE% -cd 0 0

Is -cd 0 0 the way to add workers? I still get the same 320+ H/s value.

No, it is not. Check github page and read manuals, it is not so easy.

If you are looking for an easy way, just use NiceHash Miner.
Yeah, but I only have one GTX 1070 for testing purposes. So I should run two instances of excavator using the same card?

Edit:

I added the following to the start_equihash+restart_script.bat in excavator directory:

excavator.exe -a equihash -s equihash.%LOCATION%.nicehash.com:3357 -u %BTCADDR%.%WORKER%:x -d %DEBUG_MODE% -cd 0 0

Is -cd 0 0 the way to add workers? I still get the same 320+ H/s value.
Are the 435 Sol/s for Nvidia GTX 1070's stock values? When I run excavator I always get around 333 Sol/s on stock values for Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Make sure you launch two workers and not only 1. 1 is used for low intensity.
Are the 435 Sol/s for Nvidia GTX 1070's stock values? When I run excavator I always get around 333 Sol/s on stock values for Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC. Can anyone enlighten me about this?
mez
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
great miner thanks for developing this =)

about 650 sol on a nvidia 1080TI
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
yeah I need a line for equihash on supernova aswell. using it trough awesome miner, don't know what to write in to the command line :/ <>

Ah okay. v1.1.4a doesn't have special EULA, but 1.2+ does and it cannot be bundled with any other miner/package without our permission.
It's correct that it's Excavator 1.1.4 that can be automatically downloaded from Awesome Miner today. Thanks for pointing out the EULA changes because I might have missed them otherwise.

Awesome Miner doesn't bundle any mining software, but can do automatic download on demand. So I assume this is the point we need to discuss for the future versions?

Yes, but EULA doesn't even permit you to do remote downloading. You cannot distribute Excavator v1.2+ in any way, except of course, if you get permission from NiceHash.
Thanks for the clarification. Let's continue by PM.

Yes, but EULA doesn't even permit you to do remote downloading. You cannot distribute Excavator v1.2+ in any way, except of course, if you get permission from NiceHash.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 75
Merit: 20
EWBF's 485 Sol
Palit GTX 1070 Jetstream
Core 1964 Voltage 0.900 Mem +800 micron
Please give core Curve setting.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
by readme, in order to run equihash one has to run it "as admin"
But then the bat file (excavator+web+restart_script.bat) won't start from excavator's folder
so in the beginning of bat file one has to add cd to program folder

like:
Code:
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"

It works with equihash on Pitcairn and Tahiti, but the speed is way lower than optiminer's - 3x slower for Pitcairn and 2x for Tahiti

still doesn't work, what the bat should look like, can you give me an example? i don't know where to put the pool and the username and password, i was able to get the webgui though, but that is the only thign that worked for me

pool username and password all need to go in the default_command_file.json  --- if you are mining on NiceHash you only need the algorithm, nicehash pool, and your BTC address.

something like this work? zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u anonymous.2 -p x.1 no error this time but it stuck there saying initialized and don't go beyond that

It should look like what I have posted below. The amount of parameters in sections 2,3, and 5 will vary depending on how many video cards you are mining with, but the rest should be the same as far as I know.
[
   {"time":1,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357","15UbHz42Zq9ef9ognKbVrB4qtngK3QMhkP"]}
   ]},
   {"time":2,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","2"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","3"]}
   ]},
   {"time":5,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["0","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["0","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["0","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["1","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["1","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["1","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["2","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["2","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["2","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["3","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["3","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["3","-500"]}
   ]},
   {"time":15,"loop":15,"commands":[
        {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":[]}
   ]},
   {"event":"on_quit","commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["0","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["1","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["1","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["1","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["2","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["2","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["2","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["3","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["3","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["3","0"]}
   ]}
]

The items in Green at the top are what you need to change for the algorithm you want to mine, the pool you want to mine at, and your BTC address (some pools will require username and password instead of an address).

ok it worked, but the speed is really slow, how to increase the speed, there is a command for intensity or thread like with old exscavator?

Pages:
Jump to: