Pages:
Author

Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a] - page 46. (Read 179268 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
by readme, in order to run equihash one has to run it "as admin"
But then the bat file (excavator+web+restart_script.bat) won't start from excavator's folder
so in the beginning of bat file one has to add cd to program folder

like:
Code:
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"

It works with equihash on Pitcairn and Tahiti, but the speed is way lower than optiminer's - 3x slower for Pitcairn and 2x for Tahiti

still doesn't work, what the bat should look like, can you give me an example? i don't know where to put the pool and the username and password, i was able to get the webgui though, but that is the only thign that worked for me

pool username and password all need to go in the default_command_file.json  --- if you are mining on NiceHash you only need the algorithm, nicehash pool, and your BTC address.

something like this work? zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u anonymous.2 -p x.1 no error this time but it stuck there saying initialized and don't go beyond that

It should look like what I have posted below. The amount of parameters in sections 2,3, and 5 will vary depending on how many video cards you are mining with, but the rest should be the same as far as I know.
[
   {"time":1,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357","15UbHz42Zq9ef9ognKbVrB4qtngK3QMhkP"]}
   ]},
   {"time":2,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","1"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","2"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","3"]}
   ]},
   {"time":5,"commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["0","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["0","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["0","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["1","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["1","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["1","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["2","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["2","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["2","-500"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.power_limit","params":["3","150"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["3","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["3","-500"]}
   ]},
   {"time":15,"loop":15,"commands":[
        {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":[]}
   ]},
   {"event":"on_quit","commands":[
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["0","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["0","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["1","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["1","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["1","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["2","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["2","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["2","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.tdp","params":["3","100"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.core_delta","params":["3","0"]},
      {"id":1,"method":"device.set.memory_delta","params":["3","0"]}
   ]}
]

The items in Green at the top are what you need to change for the algorithm you want to mine, the pool you want to mine at, and your BTC address (some pools will require username and password instead of an address).
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
yeah I need a line for equihash on supernova aswell. using it trough awesome miner, don't know what to write in to the command line :/ <>
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
But then the bat file (excavator+web+restart_script.bat) won't start from excavator's folder

like:
Code:
@cd /d "%~dp0"

It works with equihash on Pitcairn and Tahiti, but the speed is way lower than optiminer's - 3x slower for Pitcairn and 2x for Tahiti

still doesn't work, what the bat should look like, can you give me an example? i don't know where to put the pool and the username and password, i was able to get the webgui though, but that is the only thign that worked for me

pool username and password all need to go in the default_command_file.json  --- if you are mining on NiceHash you only need the algorithm, nicehash pool, and your BTC address.

something like this work? zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u anonymous.2 -p x.1 no error this time but it stuck there saying initialized and don't go beyond that
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
I was told that the next alpha version of NHM2 would automatically download the latest version of excavator. We will see...
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
NICEHASHMINER V2 ALPHA IS OUT--

I received my alpha-tester notice today.  The new NHM v2 alpha  still includes Excavator v1.1.4a.  It does install nicely, but I am not able to specify the NiceHash server location or the install directory during setup.       --scryptr
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

like:
Code:
@cd /d "%~dp0"

pool username and password all need to go in the default_command_file.json  --- if you are mining on NiceHash you only need the algorithm, nicehash pool, and your BTC address.
Miner Developer
json file:
Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333","wallet.h"]}
]},
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","0","1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","1","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["1"]},
                {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["2"]},
                {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["3"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":[""]}
]}
]

result:
Code:
[14:55:34][0x00001490][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x000006ec][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x00003380][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x000033a0][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:35][0x00001490][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x00001490][info] wrkr0-0 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:35][0x000033a0][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x000033a0][info] wrkr0-1 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:36][0x00003380][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x00003380][info] wrkr0-2 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:37][0x000006ec][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x000006ec][info] wrkr0-3 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
I tried to set equihash parameters , but it seems they are 0 no matter if I set additional params or not

That happens with GCN1 cards. I will get to it after the Linux port and ethash.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Can you please explain what is the difference between "device.set.power_limit" and device.set.tpd"?

I have tried to use "device.set.power_limit","params":["0","80"] on my 1070 but it is not applied - although the other params like clock and mem are applied. I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure what...

https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api#device-set-power-limit

Thanks very much - I will look carefully over that list.

I get this error sometime - CUDA error "an illegal memory access was encountered" in func "cuda_eq_run" line 2380 -- can you please let me know what it means? What parameter of the overclock is pushed too high?

Yep, this means your OC is too high and excavator does safety shutdown (calling on_quit event). A restart script can bring it back on. It is fine if you have few such crashes per day... but not if you have them too often. Also some unstable OCs can somehow corrupt your driver and restart of OS is needed in that case.

Indee - I experienced that, after a crash one card was gone from the list, so I had to restart.
I will step back a little bit.
What would a restart script look like? Or is it this one already provided?

:start
echo Starting Excavator...
excavator.exe -c %COMMAND_FILE% -d %CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL% -f %FILE_LOG_LEVEL% -p 0 -wp %WEB_PORT% -wi %WEB_HOST%
echo Excavator has crashed... restarting in %RESTART_DELAY% seconds...
ping 127.0.0.1 -n %RESTART_DELAY% > nul
goto start
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

Can you please explain what is the difference between "device.set.power_limit" and device.set.tpd"?

I have tried to use "device.set.power_limit","params":["0","80"] on my 1070 but it is not applied - although the other params like clock and mem are applied. I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure what...

I get this error sometime - CUDA error "an illegal memory access was encountered" in func "cuda_eq_run" line 2380 -- can you please let me know what it means? What parameter of the overclock is pushed too high?

Yep, this means your OC is too high and excavator does safety shutdown (calling on_quit event). A restart script can bring it back on. It is fine if you have few such crashes per day... but not if you have them too often. Also some unstable OCs can somehow corrupt your driver and restart of OS is needed in that case.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
json file:
Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["equihash","eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333","wallet.h"]}
]},
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","0","1"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0","1","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["1"]},
                {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["2"]},
                {"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["3"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":[""]}
]}
]

result:
Code:
[14:55:34][0x00001490][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x000006ec][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x00003380][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:34][0x000033a0][info] ocl-equihash | Loaded an OpenCL kernel.
[14:55:35][0x00001490][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x00001490][info] wrkr0-0 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:35][0x000033a0][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x000033a0][info] wrkr0-1 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:36][0x00003380][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x00003380][info] wrkr0-2 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
[14:55:37][0x000006ec][info] ocl-equihash | GDS segment size: 0 bytes
[14:55:34][0x000006ec][info] wrkr0-3 | Algorithm: opencl-equihash parameters: BIN=0,GDS=0
I tried to set equihash parameters , but it seems they are 0 no matter if I set additional params or not
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I agree to put a string. Bat to help people like me who can not start mining execution, then put an example of file.bat, so people copy, and change the prarameters with theirs.
thank you
any explanation of worker params?
How to set these
Parameter # | Range | Explanation
-----------------|----------|---------
1 | 0 or 1 | Disable/enable binary kernels
2 | 0 or 1 | Disable/enable the Global Data Share (requires admin privileges)
And how to add 2/3/4 workers per device, say, If I have 2 cards, should i add
   {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}, lines for every worker&card, and how?

run excavator -c devicelist.txt (which comtains {"id":1,"method":"device.list","params":[]})
But result is not quite readable :/

IMHo next update should concentrate on making program useable. (examples how to find current config and set params)

First, read https://github.com/nicehash/excavator to get general idea how it works.

Than read API docs which tells you commands for command file and TCP/HTTP API: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/tree/master/api
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

like:
Code:
@cd /d "%~dp0"

Miner Developer
How to set these
   {"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}, lines for every worker&card, and how?

run excavator -c devicelist.txt (which comtains {"id":1,"method":"device.list","params":[]})

IMHo next update should concentrate on making program useable. (examples how to find current config and set params)

Well, excavator is actually designed to be used with other more user-friendly applications such as NiceHash Miner.
We should definitely add more examples of config files, though...
legendary
How to set these

Miner Developer

like:
Code:
@cd /d "%~dp0"

Again, excavator is not optimized for them yet. They are all GCN1 cards.
You can run the miner in the admin mode with "amd\start-admin.bat".
legendary

like:
Code:
@cd /d "%~dp0"

Pages:
Jump to: