Pages:
Author

Topic: eXch - instant exchange BTC / LN / XMR / LTC / ETH / ERC20 - page 3. (Read 15019 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Can't express my gratitude for this beauty.
Nice looking, but you forgot to post screenshot of your metal seed words in public  Wink

I had a problem with a swap XMR>BTCLN (order #xxxx341bcb9) and haven't got my coins, I've asked for help hours ago in your chat without any answer. I've opened a support ticket too (xxxx53f1afb56c) and I'm still waiting for an answer. Could you please tell me something? Thank you!
Glad to see your issue was resolved.
From my experience guy from eXch are not the quickest in answering support tickers, but they eventually reply to everyone.
I am hearing more and more complains from people about lightning network, and it's even more complicated for any businesses  Tongue
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

Yes, that's right. According to this guide Electrum shows you the available capacity to receive funds. I'm using Coinos and it seems there is no clue about that value.

I don't know coinos. I use Aqua for lightning.

Lightning is still confused in my opinion.

There are some easy to use implementations such as Aqua and Phoenix, but I wouldn't risk a lot of money in any of those.

Wallets implementations are very different from each other and each of them has a different UI... easy to make a mistake imo.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001
This *inbound* thing is exasperating. How can you prevent this from happening before doing the actual transaction?
There are ways to increase inbound capacity, but that fits better in The Lightning Network FAQ.

I think he is asking how to know his inbound capacity and if he will exceed it before sending.

It depends on your wallet how to find your inbound capacity

Take a look here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/electrum-lightning-network-walkthrough-5259973

Yes, that's right. According to this guide Electrum shows you the available capacity to receive funds. I'm using Coinos and it seems there is no clue about that value.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
This *inbound* thing is exasperating. How can you prevent this from happening before doing the actual transaction?
There are ways to increase inbound capacity, but that fits better in The Lightning Network FAQ.

I think he is asking how to know his inbound capacity and if he will exceed it before sending.

It depends on your wallet how to find your inbound capacity

Take a look here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/electrum-lightning-network-walkthrough-5259973
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
legendary
Yes, I thought so too but you are the first person who answers in more than 12 hours.
It looks like you were refunded.

We use:

- our on-site support ticketing system
- email (both with and without PGP)
- SimpleX

For fast and secure assistance please use our ticketing system as it's monitored and attended by all of our team members. Your communications will be encrypted by our own TLS certificate on our HTTP server without any intermediary third-party servers (such as Cloudflare), since all the frontend servers belong fully to us and operate strictly on bare metal hardware that will be automatically considered compromised by a state-level attacker in case there is a single unexpected reboot to happen.

Email without PGP is also a fast option which is also attended by various people but less secure.

Email with PGP is a slower option, since the PGP key is only possessed by the core admin/founder.

SimpleX is only attended by the core admin who is not always online and doesn't have it installed on a mobile device (which might change later).

Yes, thank you, everything ended up fine. A refund form came up on their page without anyone contacting me previously. I've requested the refund and I have my money back now.

legendary
Yes, I thought so too but you are the first person who answers in more than 12 hours.
It looks like you were refunded.

We use:

- our on-site support ticketing system
- email (both with and without PGP)
- SimpleX

For fast and secure assistance please use our ticketing system as it's monitored and attended by all of our team members. Your communications will be encrypted by our own TLS certificate on our HTTP server without any intermediary third-party servers (such as Cloudflare), since all the frontend servers belong fully to us and operate strictly on bare metal hardware that will be automatically considered compromised by a state-level attacker in case there is a single unexpected reboot to happen.

Email without PGP is also a fast option which is also attended by various people but less secure.

Email with PGP is a slower option, since the PGP key is only possessed by the core admin/founder.

SimpleX is only attended by the core admin who is not always online and doesn't have it installed on a mobile device (which might change later).
legendary
Could you please tell me something?
It shows "General error (ERROR_SENDING)". My guess is the LN network couldn't find a route, or you may not have enough inbound capacity. You'll have to wait for support to respond.

UPDATE: Well, everything ended up fine. A refund form came up on their page without anyone contacting me previously. I've requested the refund and I have my money back now.

legendary
Could you please tell me something?
It shows "General error (ERROR_SENDING)". My guess is the LN network couldn't find a route, or you may not have enough inbound capacity. You'll have to wait for support to respond.
legendary
I had a problem with a swap XMR>BTCLN (order #xxxx341bcb9) and haven't got my coins, I've asked for help hours ago in your chat without any answer. I've opened a support ticket too (xxxx53f1afb56c) and I'm still waiting for an answer. Could you please tell me something? Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

Indeed, it look great! Congrats padawan for winning it! Smiley

The 8th free raffle is now started, feel free to join to try to win a nice Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!  Wink

Once again, many thanks to eXch and paid2 for these gifts!

I registered just now and, again, I announced this raffle too in the Romanian translation of OP and also in the thread dedicated for contests Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 896

Thanks to everyone who have helped organising these raffles.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
The 8th free raffle is now started, feel free to join to try to win a nice Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!  Wink

[FREE RAFFLE] - Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule (#8)!

Crypto Swap Exchange
--snip--

Good luck to all participants!

Thank you once again Gazeta!

I noticed that eXch is sponsoring MoneroKon, a 3 days Monero conference in Prague in June  Smiley It's always great to see you supporting such events and projects focused on anonymity!

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
You are welcome to join the 7th free raffle to try to win a nice Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!  Wink

Thank you, paid2 and eXch for this new raffle and also thank you for sharing these images. It was better, perhaps, if the capsule was out of the box, but at least we can have an idea about how the package looks like Smiley

I'd also like to mention that seventh raffle was propely highlighted inside Romanian board (inside the local translation of OP and also inside our thread dedicated for such events.

Good luck to all participants!
Crypto Swap Exchange
You are welcome to join the 7th free raffle to try to win a nice Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!  Wink

[FREE RAFFLE] - Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule (#7)!

I received my parcel today, thank you very much for the competition and the smooth shipping from Poland, it went really quickly.

Here are some photos of the gift I received.

I'll have to take a closer look at it now to secure my SEED, THANK YOU.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
I guess this exchange sits in the optimal place between a dex and a populated centralized exchange.

I ve done some research and it seems to me eXch don't suffer the liquidity problems which bisq does since eXch owns their own funds. I recently installed bisq again just to see how it has been doing and again I was disappointed. It was a ghost town. There were many XMR sellers and buyers and that's because they can't trade that stuff on any other exchange probably but there were only 3 orders for LTC which is absurd.

Pros:
+eXch doesn't require any KYC
+It offers their own funds, don't rely on user funds
+automated, no waiting

Cons:
-Not decentralized, can be taken down

I think I'd rather use this exchange instead of using bisq or binance. Bisq has liquidity/user adoption problems and binance can selectively scam you out of your account.
Crypto Swap Exchange
I've just seen that you've managed to solve the problem with the Monero node, well done! I'm glad this problem has been solved, even if I find the lack of will from the XMR devs quite astounding...  Roll Eyes

https://exch.cx/status
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
4. (to eXch): Is there any special treatment in place if it comes to your attention that fraudulently gained crypto goes through eXch?

They find out about it only after the exchange is complete, like the one in the @matrixconnor case. Unfortunately, by then it is already too late to do anything. Everyone should take care of their money, they should not expect that someone else will do it for them.

I think it is impossible to check if the fund comes from a fraudulent activity or not before sending... the service would be very slow. And honest users could have been freeze by mistake.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Hello eXch mod - please refer to this post. I’ve had $211,000 of my funds stolen yesterday and the scammers sent it to your exchange

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, this is over and no one, not even Exch, can help you. Immediately after the first confirmation, the purchased coins were sent. User funds are not kept for a long time on this exchange, and everything is automated, so the chances it will freeze any transactions are zero.

Hm good timing ... or maybe bad dunno, but I have a question about freezing/frozen crypto because of this  (eXch being used as exchange in FixedFloat breach according to beincrypto). Even if untrue it piqued my interest in regards to frozen crypto.

1. (to anyone): How does freezing crypto even work?
2. (to anyone): How effective is it?
3. (to eXch): Did you suffer any loss, because of crypto freezing?

You are asking the question in the wrong place. There is no coin freeze on Exch.

4. (to eXch): Is there any special treatment in place if it comes to your attention that fraudulently gained crypto goes through eXch?

They find out about it only after the exchange is complete, like the one in the @matrixconnor case. Unfortunately, by then it is already too late to do anything. Everyone should take care of their money, they should not expect that someone else will do it for them.
Pages:
Jump to: