Pages:
Author

Topic: eXch - instant exchange BTC / LN / XMR / LTC / ETH / ERC20 - page 6. (Read 15019 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Is site down? ---> https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/exch.cx.html

I wanted to try the service. In the morning (GMT+4) DAI reserve was less than $500. I waited for several hours and service did not add more reserve. Now site is down.

I hope that the reserves will be refilled every 1-3 hours.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
This is mainly why we have the message "You can start exchange without calculating and send any amount (calculation will be performed on receipt)" right to the "Exchange" button.
Since the Reserves are shown on the same page, I didn't expect this functionality when there are no reserves left.

I checked your FAQ section, but it doesn't mention any of this regarding backorders you just discussed. Perhaps you should add it, so your clients know such an option exists.
I was going to suggest the same thing Smiley
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
what will happen if someone sends stolen money to this USDT ETH address, and then it goes to the client from this address?

Just use DAI.
in my opinion, there is a greater chance of getting depeg dai than a random usdt block (for the previous owners of these usdts)
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
We have found that a known .onion directory "dark.fail" currently lists an URL impersonating our service.
Isn't it obvious that this is a phishing website?
It has listed only bitcoin and monero with different service name.

We have stopped using Graphene OS some years ago after its founder strcat aka Daniel Micay revealed his conflictive and hostile personality against people who disagree with him.
I know about Micay and his weird behavior, but he is not active in public anymore for a while after one of his last incidents, and that doesn't mean that GrapheneOS is bad.
It's open source so anyone can check the code, but I wouldn't suggest blindly trusting any operating system for smartphones.
I try to use smartphones as little as possible and only when I need to do it.

We currently use and sponsor DivestOS quite for a long time which is a solid alternative to Graphene OS. Its founder SkewedZeppelin is a long-time Graphene contributor and actually includes security patches from Graphene to his ROM, making it Lineage OS in the `usermode` build type (non-rootable) with Graphene OS security patches applied, which we believe an ideal OS for Android in terms of security and useability.
I tried DivestOS before but it didn't work for me, that doesn't mean I won't try again in future, and it's always good to have competition.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
what will happen if someone sends stolen money to this USDT ETH address, and then it goes to the client from this address?

Just use DAI.
legendary
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

As far as I know, tether freeze coins by themselves,  in all blockchains.

The usdt will probably be frozen before getting into your hands.

For example:
https://tether.to/en/following-investigations-by-tether-okx-and-the-us-department-of-justice-tether-voluntarily-freezes-225m-in-stolen-usdt-linked-to-international-crime-syndicate/

Also, as paid2 said, exch.cx buy coins from CEX as well, exch.cx coins also comes from cex.
Crypto Swap Exchange
I don't think there is any case of usdt or any other coin from exch.cx getting blocked by centralized

They even have a known address in etherscan
https://etherscan.io/address/0xf1da173228fcf015f43f3ea15abbb51f0d8f1123

Yeah and if I remember correctly OP already stated earlier in this topic that they send frequently coins to some big CEXes without any problem/red flag
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Have there been any cases of USDT wallet blocking by the issuer(Tether) after an exchange on your exchange?
What guarantees do you give when exchanging my BTC for your USDT?

I don't think there is any case of usdt or any other coin from exch.cx getting blocked by centralized

They even have a known address in etherscan
https://etherscan.io/address/0xf1da173228fcf015f43f3ea15abbb51f0d8f1123

Remember that your privacy is your responsibility. You can send small amounts to exchanges to test, before acquiring large amounts.

Personally, I have send LTC that I acquired in exch.cx to another cex and didn't have any problems.
Have there been any cases of USDT wallet blocking by the issuer(Tether) after an exchange on your exchange?
What guarantees do you give when exchanging my BTC for your USDT?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
There is still a chance we will add TRC-20 USDT, just no ETA yet.
I hope you do. I don't see how it can harm your business. At the same time, you'll surely increase your client base, which brings more profit.

Then the order will convert itself into a backorder and offer you either an instant automatic refund or waiting indefinitely till sufficient reserve appears, on which event your order will be completed automatically. This order will be prioritized once there is reserves.
Excellent! So, that option was there all along, we just didn't know about it.

t was always possible since our system supports backordering...
The only downside of such backorders is that we might force-refund your order any time without any prior notice, but this happens rarely.
I have two follow up questions.

1. If my order becomes a backorder, will eXch use the exchange rate applicable at the time the reserves fill up and my order gets processed or the rate from when my deposit transaction confirmed? I am pretty sure it's the former, but let's see.

2. What are the possible reasons why a backorder gets refunded from your side? Is it fee related? If I began the exchange at a time when the mining fees for the coin I wanted were low, but then they doubled, would eXch process the order, request more for mining fees, or return the initial deposit?

I checked your FAQ section, but it doesn't mention any of this regarding backorders you just discussed. Perhaps you should add it, so your clients know such an option exists.

Also, how often do reserves get filled? I wanted to do BTC - Dash exchange but at the moment there is only 6.21 DASH available for exchange (not enough for me).
It depends on how soon someone will come and deposit DASH to eXch in exchange for a different cryptocurrency. eXch doesn't fill its own reserves. As soon as someone sends some DASH their way, the reserves will fill up.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
This exchange is good and fees are okay, sometimes better compared to others and sometimes worse, but overall, fees are good, especially if we keep in mind that it's a non-kyc exchange. But OP, I think, it will be good if you take care of visual aspect. I am not going to teach you anything but if it's okay to give you advice, let me tell you that if I didn't know this exchange from Bitcointalk, I would never exchange here because website looks like a basic website written by a fresh graduate. I think that modern CSS gives us many possibilities without the use of javascript, so I'll be glad if you take care of visual side of this exchange.
Otherwise, wish you good luck and all the best. Also, how often do reserves get filled? I wanted to do BTC - Dash exchange but at the moment there is only 6.21 DASH available for exchange (not enough for me).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
My first experience with you about the exchanger.
After this, I will no longer return to regular exchange offices. Thanks for your work.

I don't know if this is a typo. But you need to replace one letter

It is and is not a mistake.
It's not a mistake because previously, the official domain for this exchange was exch.cc, but due to certain problems, everything was later moved to exch.cx. you can see by the account name that opened this thread.
The mistake is probably that it has not been changed, the old domain should not be mentioned, it only introduces additional confusion.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I have a question about lightning

I see you need "Zero-amount invoices only"

I am using Aqua wallet, which has LN integrated. The minimum invoice is 1000 sats.

Will my 1000 sats invoice work?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, I have little experience with LN.
Activity: 147
Merit: 83
My first experience with you about the exchanger.
After this, I will no longer return to regular exchange offices. Thanks for your work.

I don't know if this is a typo. But you need to replace one letter
Activity: 97
Merit: 377
We also do not use mobile devices for this project due to high risks of exposure to possible firmware backdoors implemented during manufacture (this is independently of whether you use clean AOSP builds such as Lineage OS or not). Some desktop platforms are safer in this regards.
Graphene OS is way better for mobile devices, since it is fully open source and updates are released more often, but I agree that any mobile devices are inferior compared to well secured desktop system.

I was certainly not discussing what's better or worse for mobile, but since you have mentioned Graphene OS, I will comment on that.

We have stopped using Graphene OS some years ago after its founder strcat aka Daniel Micay revealed his conflictive and hostile personality against people who disagree with him.

He bans anyone on IRC and Matrix who asks questions that he doesn't feel comfortable with instead of addressing them appropriately. He also admitted to have schizophrenia, which creates certain risks for a such project and its users given that he is still a main core maintainer. This doesn't mean he should step down and it's absolutely fine that someone has a mental disease, but the project should at least review its structure and make a bit more balanced maintainance.

Finally, Micay promotes and defends the opinion that Google Pixel phones are 100% free of hardware/firmware backdoors, which he can't know for sure, but instead of taking the neutral stance on this question he actually bans people from his communities who have different opinion. Our opinion is completely the opposite to his. You can find a lot of chat logs with many people he confronted on various security aspects that ended in a long-term conflict between them and even between projects. For example they are still "enemies" with CalyxOS and Micay accuses Calyx devs to run "propaganda" against Graphene.

You can find some of the logs of his conflictive behaviour on this site https://opinionplatform.org/grapheneos/ and I like how one of the subheadings is titled:

I know that the eXch representative has said no to including the TRC-20 version of USDT on the platform, but I am still hoping that will happen. Out of all the USDT variants, I use that one the most. DAI is, obviously, the best if you have to engage with a stablecoin, but I haven't met many people that want it as much as they want USDT as long as they have a choice.  

There is still a chance we will add TRC-20 USDT, just no ETA yet.

I have two questions that can also be suggestions to eXch.

1. What happens if there is only a partial amount in the reserve of the coin/token I want to buy? For instance, I want to swap $2,000 worth of BTC for ETH, but when it's time for the swap, there is only $1,000 of ETH left. Will the exchange swap the $1k and return half of my BTC or will everything be returned to me? You could add an option where the user could opt in to receive less than what they intended to swap if there isn't enough in the reserves. Then, if I am fine with getting a lower amount, I could get it.

2. Could you create a waiting list for swaps that users could opt in for if they wanted? For example, there is no XMR left, but I opt in to be placed on a waiting list for x amount of hours. I deposit the coin I wish to swap for XMR and then I wait to see if the reserves will fill up? When they do, I get my XMR 2/6/12/x hours later if my turn comes.

1. Then the order will convert itself into a backorder and offer you either an instant automatic refund or waiting indefinitely till sufficient reserve appears, on which event your order will be completed automatically. This order will be prioritized once there is reserves.

2. It was always possible since our system supports backordering. To create a backorder even when there is no balance on some coin, these are correct steps: 1. Go to our main page 2. Select a pair and enter a destination address 3. Click 'Exchange' without clicking 'Calculate'. This way the system will let you bypass reserves checks. Make sure you don't click 'Calculate' anywhere since it will define amounts and the system won't let you create the order anymore. After your order is created, you can send any amount then wait. The order will have exactly same behaviour as in the previous point "1" of this answer.

This is mainly why we have the message "You can start exchange without calculating and send any amount (calculation will be performed on receipt)" right to the "Exchange" button.

The only downside of such backorders is that we might force-refund your order any time without any prior notice, but this happens rarely.

I am coming back on this thread after a small discussion had with NeuroticFish in the Romanian translation of this topic. Among others, were wondering what information is using (and storing) the eXch app for Android. We understand that some information are forced to be accessed by the Android system itself, but other than that what information does the app collect and store (if any)?

If OP could come with such details it would be very nice.

Answered here by paid2: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63763206

The app can store your created and imported order's history but you have an ability to wipe them. Other than that there is nothing that app collects and F-Droid's page describes everything in a very transparent way.

Hello there some hours ago I sent ethereum on arbitrum instead of erc20 to your address, i cant send a dm to you, please ive been a long time customer

I believe your issue was solved via our support channels.

@OP: In your Bitcointalk Profile > Personal Message Options, you can allow Newbies to send you PMs.

Awesome, thanks!

If there is something that we learn from last year, then any service is linked to a hack and does not cooperate with the authorities or delete user data, then it will be on the government's radar, the easiest accusation that they are running an unlicensed platform and I think that what happened with Fixedfloat is a good reminder.
Fixefloat can't be compared with this exchange and they had a license like so many other centralized exchanges and it didn't help them a bit.
By your logic you can consider any exchange to be a mixer, and that is simply not the case.

By the way, FixedFloat had no license nor a registered company in Seychelles. They are lying to their customers when they say they have a registered company. We have personally spoke with their hackers and were provided with a lot of evidence (along with some files from their server and a few database table dumps). FixedFloat is run by 3 anonymous russian carders and I will take a full responsibility for this accusation as I understand how serious it is. Check the update in my earlier post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63681724

We are still providing full information to interested users on that hack via private communication channels.

Moreover, we were mentioned in a Forbes article on that matter and even provided an interview to their journalist: https://www.forbes.com/sites/digital-assets/2024/02/20/decentralized-and-non-kyc-crypto-exchange-hacked-for-26-million/

btw. I like the new blue background, it suits me more than black.

This background is temporary but I am glad you liked it. Once we deal with phishers (check my previous post) we will improve the previous background. There is also planned an optional JS version of site in the same way it is done on LocalMonero and some other similar sites (by adding an 'enable JS' toggle).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Overall, it was a good experience, but one that could have been better if I could have used Tron for my USDT instead of the Ethereum network. I'd much rather pay $2 in fees than $20.  

The Ethereum network has long since become unusable for small transactions (I hope Bitcoin will not follow the same path). It's good that there are alternatives.

A few days ago I also used exch exchange, but because of the transaction cost, I chose LTC with a dynamic fee rate as an option. Like you, it was a great experience, everything was done very smoothly and quickly

btw. I like the new blue background, it suits me more than black.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Here is my brief feedback after using eXch the first time. I used it via TOR with the browser security settings set at the highest level.

After the coin I wanted had enough in the reserves, I sent my BTC. The system picked it up quickly. After the first blockchain confirmation, eXch already sent my coins. Quick and simple.
Regarding the fees:
When you consider how expensive the Ethereum network is to work with, you understand that you will pay more than the 0.5% in fees advertised on the site. Of course, this isn't a fault of eXch, as they can't be blamed or praised for the state of any blockchain network. I ended up paying closer to 1.4% when I count the Ether fees.

Overall, it was a good experience, but one that could have been better if I could have used Tron for my USDT instead of the Ethereum network. I'd much rather pay $2 in fees than $20. 

Keep up the good work eXch!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Feel free to join the second Raffle and try to win a Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!

Thank you for this paid2 and eXch! That is very nice from you.

I announced the contest in the Romanian translation of OP and it was also announced (by NeuroticFish) in another Romanian topic, dedicated only to forum contests.

Other than this, it was nice to see the new rule, which allows users with 1000 merits to have 2 slots. I see it as a way to fill the spots faster but, at same time, as a nice gesture for those which managed to obtain 1000 merits -- which is not easy at all.
Crypto Swap Exchange

Feel free to join the second Raffle and try to win a Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule!  

[FREE RAFFLE] - Custom eXch Cryptosteel Capsule (#2)!

Offtopic, but I really like the new design of the website:

Pages:
Jump to: