Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 105. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 01:27:12 AM
There are advantages and disadvantages for both. If you trade day today it is easy for you to keep it with exchanges. But your purpose is to hold for a mid or long term then you can keep in a wallet. By keeping a wallet is always safe and it is very difficult hack these method. But there is a chance to hack exchanges when comparing to wallets. So it is advisable to keep in wallets unless you are not doing trading always. I also much prefer wallets and always try to put wallets instead of keeping exchanges. Hope this will help for you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
March 12, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
I use wallet always. I only use exchanges when I want to want exchange or do trading to sell off. aside that my dear I am sticking to wallet.
Activity: 7
March 12, 2018, 12:50:05 AM
keep your asset in your wallet.the EX is always "no trusted man"
Activity: 663
Merit: 250
March 12, 2018, 12:31:53 AM
Personal wallets are always the best in keeping coins because you are the only one that can access it and given proper security then you are secured. I got too many coins scattered in different exchanges only because I do trades and given that some coins have very expensive transaction fees.
Activity: 61
March 12, 2018, 12:24:28 AM
Because I recommend long-term investment, you'd better use a wallet because the wallet is more secure and it's very likely that the trading platform will be hacked.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
March 12, 2018, 12:22:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

If you have an exchange wallet, usually they have multiple currency wallet in there, so you don't need to open another wallet for other crypto.
but it is not recommended to store your coins on exchange wallet. better use personal wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
March 11, 2018, 06:20:23 PM
Always personal wallet mate , because there you know for sure that you control your coins. Exchanges are too risky right now but sure you can have there too also for trading or just holding a few of them is ok.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 06:16:28 PM
somehow, I feel safer to keep the assets I have on the exchangers, and I can also sell them any time when there is an urgent need. but it all depends on you. 

If I am just the opposite I feel hesitant to keep my assets there especially if the numbers are large and I prefer the wallet because all the controls are on us and it's completely safe
Activity: 308
March 11, 2018, 05:33:35 PM
somehow, I feel safer to keep the assets I have on the exchangers, and I can also sell them any time when there is an urgent need. but it all depends on you. 

Advantages of your method only in that you do not need to pay a commission for withdrawal from the stock exchange in your wallet, this is the end of the pluses. Keep coins in your wallet more securely, exchanges are constantly hacking. Translate coins to the exchange for buying or selling does not take much time, so personal wallet is more convenient than the exchange.
Activity: 238
March 11, 2018, 05:33:27 PM
Well, that depends on what you want to do. If you want to trade, then obviously the exchange. If you want to hold on, then the wallet is best as you are in full control of your assets .
Activity: 266
March 11, 2018, 05:23:16 PM
Activity: 378
March 11, 2018, 05:17:25 PM
It depends on your goals and terms of storage. If a small amount of time, it can and can be held on the stock exchange, and if you decide to long-term - it is better to install a desktop wallet or use online version. On stock exchanges, it is better not to store for a long time - they can exclude a coin from the list of traded ones or the exchange will be hacked, then you will simply lose your funds.
Activity: 854
March 11, 2018, 05:08:11 PM
I think wallet is a more safer tool than exchange, but exchange sometimes is faster and easier for me. So I think the good way is to follow both.
Activity: 310
March 11, 2018, 05:06:45 PM
All have risks to keep, the best is ledger, mew is very nice wallet if you don't catch fishing site, also exchange is good if don't have problems, better hold and don't open throw private key
Activity: 252
March 11, 2018, 04:17:34 PM
Exchange is good but Wallet is more safe as Exchange. wallet with private key for coins that you dedicate hold for long term investment. not all of the wallets are fully secure too. Every time you be careful.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
March 11, 2018, 12:47:38 PM
I will say that the wallet is relatively safe. But, often practical exchange. Impatience and need force to exchange the crypt. Cool

Don't exchange the coin. If exchange before check the price.  Then you get more ideas for buy and sell the coin. So you hold the coin in the wallet. It safe. If need to any issue to use then you sell on time. It any time to sell the coin. So wait for the price increases then sell it. It reach the all country. So  any country to use. It future currency so hold it.  
Activity: 476
March 11, 2018, 12:45:10 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It is best to keep coins on cold wallets. Because any exchange can scam.
Activity: 280
March 11, 2018, 12:38:16 PM
i really prefer exchange because it can guarantee our money for being lose or stolen, and it also give coin from hardfolk Smiley so your money will safe and make some profit of hardfolk Smiley
Crypto exchanges are not always safe, if hackers steal a very large amount, then the exchange may not have enough reserves to pay off all users who lost money. This situation has already happened in the past. That's why I prefer to keep my coins in my wallets.
Activity: 124
March 11, 2018, 12:29:25 PM
I will say that the wallet is relatively safe. But, often practical exchange. Impatience and need force to exchange the crypt. Cool
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
🔵 Brickblock.io - Tokenization platform
March 11, 2018, 12:19:45 PM
i really prefer exchange because it can guarantee our money for being lose or stolen, and it also give coin from hardfolk Smiley so your money will safe and make some profit of hardfolk Smiley
Jump to: