Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 8. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
July 24, 2018, 04:33:36 PM
If you are talking about holding, definitely a wallet. Because exchange are not safe enough for your holdings, it can be easily hacked one time. Buy for yourself a cold wallet, and load your coins into it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
July 24, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
I think the best way is a cold wallet Ledger Nano. Because exchange can be closed or hacked and you'll lose your money.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
July 24, 2018, 04:24:08 PM
The exchanges have a lot of problems and they are not suitable for long-term storage. I believe that if you invest in a long time, it is necessary to create a wallet for each of your coins.
Activity: 82
July 24, 2018, 04:22:04 PM
It depend on you are long term or short investing. If you are a long term investor i advise you should store all coin which you buy in your wallet, this will safer than. But if you are a trader, of course you have to store your coin in exchange, this will help you saving fee deposit and withdraw.
Activity: 238
Merit: 27
July 24, 2018, 04:17:20 PM
wallet is better and safer than in an exchange. Exchanges are a huge target for hackers and are consistently under attack. In fact, famous cryptocurrency exchanges like Bitfinex and Mt. Gox had been hacked  Angry
Activity: 280
July 24, 2018, 02:09:00 PM
In my opinion, even the most reputable bitcoin exchanges are suspect. Not because of intention but because of the many ways an exchange is subject to attack. An onsite wallet service is no better. As I said earlier anything that touches the internet is susceptible to assault. Therefore you might consider making rules? storing 90% of your bitcoins in an offline wallet and 10% for spending or investing elsewhere.
Activity: 72
July 24, 2018, 02:06:01 PM
Obviously safer in your own wallet than an exchange, a hardware one if it's a large amount of coins is best.
Activity: 742
July 24, 2018, 02:03:06 PM
Hello! For long-term storage of cryptocurrency, the purse is more reliable than the exchange. If you comply with all the security rules, it is almost impossible to lose the cryptocurrency from the wallet. But it's even better to store it on Ledger cold purses. Smiley
Activity: 121
Merit: 3
July 24, 2018, 12:25:04 PM
Don't leave your coins on exchanges! It's a basic rule in crypto. So many scammers. Be careful. And if you can do it, transfer your coins on a nano ledger or something like that. Something safe.
Activity: 210
July 24, 2018, 12:23:17 PM
It depends on what did you do, trading or hold?
If you are going to trade you must put on exchanged.
Actually my coin is in the wallet it's because I planning to hold them for the long term and save for the future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
July 24, 2018, 12:22:22 PM
I think it bases on your purpose and functional, if you want to trade it for your short-term investments, I will store it in the exchange, otherwise, if you want to hold it for your long-term investment, I will keep it in my wallet. Even you store it in the exchange or wallet, it still has the hack potential and remembers keep your private key and password in the safe place.
Activity: 259
July 24, 2018, 12:09:13 PM
The best way is to keep your token to a wallet to avoid being hacked. If you want to have your token for a long term then put it in a wallet, you can only put it to an exchange if you want to trade it.
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
July 23, 2018, 11:34:39 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
for example you have $ 2k. You should only invest $ 1k5 and put your $ 500 into your purse. We should not put all of our money on trading floors. Because bad things will happen to the unlucky ones. Recently the trading floors have been hackers attacked a lot and users have lost a lot of money into the hands of hackers.
Activity: 91
July 23, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

Of course the wallet is more reliable. But I've been in a situation where a coin is very much growing wallets do not work. And you can not transfer to the stock exchange.
Activity: 301
Next Generation Antivirus
July 23, 2018, 11:26:49 PM
From the point of view of security, it is better to choose a purse.  But on the exchange to keep coins more conveniently.  If you keep a large number of coins for a long time, then better keep them on your wallet.  But if you trade coins often, then keep out of stock exchanges.  But it is advisable not to keep all altcoins on the same exchange.
Activity: 56
July 23, 2018, 11:24:41 PM
You can have both, coins for its uses and wallet for its purpose too.. Theres no harm in having both, aand it is so much bettef, so why choose?
Activity: 53
July 23, 2018, 11:21:07 PM
Wallet is more preferable than exchange. It's safe, you control every bit of its details.
I keep telling people, except it's a wallet created from a decentralized exchange, which apparently is yours. No long term funds should be left in exchanges
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 23, 2018, 11:13:23 PM
wallet becomes the best choice to store coins, because in the wallet we can control our assets and can monitor anytime. different if we store in exchange our assets can be seen by the exchange management and dangerous because we can not trust 100% exchange is safe.
Activity: 108
July 23, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Theres no answer to which is better, it depends what you want to do with your crypto. If you want to trade it for other cryptos or for fiat then you can exchange it. If you want to hold it or transact with it then you would need a wallet. I suggest you check out www.xinfinity.io <--- its a unified cryptocurrency wallet that holds ANY crypto due to its cross-chain features. Its a live application available on android and IOS that has a built in crypto exchange.
Activity: 140
July 23, 2018, 10:43:01 PM
Dear sir,
I am a newbie in th crypto, but after joining in this field, I think both exchanges and Mew have some bad and good features. In my opinion, high trust exchanges are better than MEW because of sercurity policies.
Pages:
Jump to: