Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 10. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
July 22, 2018, 07:18:02 AM
Exchange is easier.
Wallet is safer.
If you hold many altcoins by a little amounts, I think exchange is better.
If your have big amounts of altcoins or bitcoins - use wallet.
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
with the possibility of hackers attack on the website. Its most advisable to keep your coin in your own wallet where you have access.
Activity: 27
July 22, 2018, 06:55:17 AM
I think sharing is the most unsafe option. The market is still very vulnerable to news, manipulation and hacker attacks.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 22, 2018, 06:14:43 AM
Every month i hear news like some exchange hacked and they lost a lot of coins, so best choice is to have wallets and store there.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
July 22, 2018, 06:09:40 AM
If a lot of coins use separate cold wallets, if a little-you can use a multi-currency wallet Jaxx. Do not keep coins on exchanges-it is very dangerous!!
Activity: 227
Merit: 3
July 22, 2018, 06:01:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I would like to suggest store your tokens that potential to survive in crypto more years from now in hard wallet. For me it is more safer than other although you have your own risk by taking care your wallet.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
July 22, 2018, 05:58:01 AM
I keep on exchange only those coins that I trade.
I keep coins for a long time on my wallet. Because I do not plan to sell them.

Wallets are not available for many of the altcoins such as Cardano (there is this Daedalus wallet for ADA, but it takes 7-8 GB of space). So I am forced to keep the majority of the alts in my exchange wallet.
Activity: 27
July 22, 2018, 05:57:30 AM
In my experience, Wallet is better for holding and moving altcoins, The exchanges charge high fee for moving coin between wallets.
Activity: 322
July 22, 2018, 05:55:27 AM
Finding all the money in one exchange for me seems too risky decision. After all, in this case, the economy is replaced by a high risk. Therefore, I recommend working with wallet.
Activity: 457
Merit: 11
Chainjoes.com
July 21, 2018, 11:30:42 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Fo me, If you want your money to rise  then It is better to save it on exchange because it is profitable but sometimes its too risky, also if the value of your holdings change at the lowest point... the value of you holdings changes depends on the flow of the market.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
July 21, 2018, 01:40:17 PM
for now I prefer to keep it in Exchange because the price is still changing and I'm sure the price will rise again. but if you want to keep it in the wallet, I think it is a good choice too. it all depends on each taste
it is of course very profitable to store your coins on the stock exchange today, as prices change very often and to quickly respond to changes in the market, the availability of coins on the wallet  of the exchange will be very profitable.
Activity: 686
July 21, 2018, 01:30:04 PM
for now I prefer to keep it in Exchange because the price is still changing and I'm sure the price will rise again. but if you want to keep it in the wallet, I think it is a good choice too. it all depends on each taste
Activity: 280
July 21, 2018, 12:59:24 PM
The core function of an exchange is to ensure fair and orderly trading, as well as efficient dissemination of price information.The first conclusion is that if you don't trade, you have no business leaving anything in there. The second conclusion is does anyone else sees the irony of centralized exchanges for a decentralized economy.its  better to use privet wallet.because we cant trust exchanges.
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
July 21, 2018, 12:55:48 PM
I have a question.

Thanks
if you store coins/tokens on the exchanges, you don't have the private key, which mean you don't have the right to control your coins. the number you're seeing just are made up, but it's very fast in trading, and I think nowadays. exchanges are become more reliable than ever, so an cold wallet is not really necessary with people have little money like me
Activity: 274
July 21, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
Whether it be online wallets, desktop wallets, mobile wallets, or hardware wallets, they will all be much more secure than storing coins on your popular exchange website. With my crypto I use two different wallets to store my coins, Exodus and the Ledger Wallet
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
QDAO
July 21, 2018, 12:44:55 PM
Actually everything is good when we do it carefully, when we are careless either in exchangers or wallet still prone to theft either in terms of password or private key
Activity: 232
July 21, 2018, 12:42:34 PM
I think keeping money and tokens in my wallet will be safer than sending on exchange. Because if you deposit money in a wallet, you can completely control the financial as well as exchange and exchange transactions. When you send money on the exchange, it can be hacked or stolen. So, I think it would be better if you deposited money in your wallet
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
July 21, 2018, 12:34:47 PM
Keeping your coins in a wallet is a safer option than keeping all you assets in an exchange. Exchange can shutdown anytime on the other hand wallets are secured by private key which is a safe bet.
The best part about wallets is that you can use any method to access it. It could either be a hardware wallet or websites like myetherwallet.
I never keep anything on exchange in fear that they might run away with all of my belongings.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
July 21, 2018, 12:06:15 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

Keeping your coin in exchange is very risky, most especially in centralised exchange where the owners could run away anytime coupled with the possibility of hackers attack on the website. Its most advisable to keep your coin in your own wallet where you have access to the private keys, you could get a wallet that supports several coins, ledger nano is an example.
Activity: 210
July 21, 2018, 12:04:35 PM
I keep on exchange only those coins that I trade.
I keep coins for a long time on my wallet. Because I do not plan to sell them.
Pages:
Jump to: