Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 25. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 0
June 24, 2018, 12:49:02 PM
Keep crypto currency on the stock exchange only if you are actively engaged in trading. In any other case, keep your money, on the original wallets projects.
Activity: 126
June 24, 2018, 12:46:19 PM
From security and safety point of view, it's better to keep them on wallets.
I use a lot of wallets to keep my coins safe.
You should send your tokens to exchange only when you're really gonna exchange them.
Good luck!
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
June 24, 2018, 12:45:31 PM
exchange and wallet both won't work for long-term blockchain asset protection but in long term, we should hold in hardware wallets like ledger nano and Trezor
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 12:42:57 PM
It is smarter to store your coins in a wallet. Once an exchanging stage is hacked say farewell to your adored coins. In spite of the fact that having your coins in a trade is very worthwhile as well, suppose the cost of the coin all of a sudden went up, you can without much of a stretch exchange it. Having it in your wallet, it will require a long while to be affirmed and amid this time cost may have just dropped.

In case you're in with holding the coin for quite a while, store it in a wallet, and simply exchange it at whatever point you're prepared or you truly need to.
Activity: 330
Merit: 12
June 24, 2018, 12:41:16 PM
almost exchange now is centralize, they easy hacked. You will more secure when you keep your token in decentralized exchange like bitshare. And you also keep your token in hard wallet (trezor, etc) and papper wallet to get more safe
Activity: 151
June 24, 2018, 12:40:58 PM
Here a lot depends on how you trade. If very often you will need to keep on the stock exchanges.And if you bought a coin for a year then of course you'd better start a purse.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
June 24, 2018, 12:40:37 PM
I usually do like this- for short - time trading I am holding half of my coins at exchanges ,but the second half of my funds is in my cold storage hardware wallets Ledger Nano and Trezor.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
June 24, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
I recommend that everyone before using the wallet or exchanger of the best learn the rules of safety, it is very important that it depends on which you get your coins back from the first and second
rfj
Activity: 214
June 24, 2018, 12:20:17 PM
I prefer private wallet, you're the only one who have your private key that means no one can access you wallet not unless the site is being hacked but putting your money in some exchange site is a bit riskier, hackers are always attacking the exchange site than the wallet.
Activity: 182
June 24, 2018, 12:19:39 PM
Both exchange and wallet are useful in different areas. Day traders will always store tokens on exchange for easy transaction and to reduce fee, while long term investor will find a secure wallet to store tokens.
Activity: 372
Merit: 11
elysian.finance
June 24, 2018, 12:14:37 PM
I advise wallet will be the best option as you alone will have access to the address unless you carelessly lose your password
Activity: 52
June 24, 2018, 12:06:29 PM
I think that it is best to have different coins on different purses, since in case of malice there will be less loss.
Activity: 322
June 24, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Wallet is far more better than exchange in my opinion. If you want to hold tokens for a long period it's better to store them in a wallet, not exchange. Because you have much more control on your own wallet.  Grin Grin
Activity: 278
June 24, 2018, 11:48:19 AM
Exchanges are prone to hacks and millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrencies have been stolen. Wallets specifically hardware wallets (like Trezor and Ledger Nano)  are more secure to keep cryptocurrencies safely. You own your private keys.

However, if someone is a regular trader, every time storing in Hardware wallets can be expensive due to transaction charges and the time-taken for confirmations. Opportunities can be lost sometimes.

Activity: 138
Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
June 24, 2018, 11:43:12 AM
In my opinion wallet  - is the better option. Private walet = private key, so you are the only one person who controls it. Exchange wallet is different.

So if you want to hold alts for long term - private wallet is your choice.

Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
June 24, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
I kept almost my coin in my personal wallet that's better than you keep your coin in exchange site as we can saw many hacked in past. So let's use hardware wallet for the safest your investment
Activity: 280
June 24, 2018, 11:39:44 AM
i have coins both in exchange and wallets because in exchnage i set all my coins to i want sell price and in my wallet all coins that not have an exchange.
Activity: 456
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
June 24, 2018, 11:38:14 AM
many exchanges currently attacked by hackers are not all exchange but I think if you want to invest then you have to save your coins on hardware wallets like ledger s nano.
if you only want to exchange then I suggest saving on exchange, but rather choose a safe exchange like bittrex or binance because these 2 exchange is the best exchange I know.
Activity: 602
June 24, 2018, 11:34:19 AM
I use both, but you can trust the wallet.it is very easy to use and I have never experienced any hardship or acceptance until now.
But still, wallets on the stock exchanges are the place where your money can disappear without a trace and you can not do anything, however sad it might sound, and now it is necessary to do something with it, it is better not to keep money on the exchange in the long term .
Activity: 336
June 24, 2018, 11:30:28 AM
I think a more reliable way to keep your coins safe is to use a wallet. If you store your funds on the exchange, then you need to choose the best exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: