Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 23. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 26, 2018, 06:34:45 PM
I am someone who personally like storing my coins on the exchange because I think it makes it easy to trde it when ever there is an increase in market price on my coins but the current attacks on exchanges has frightened me to save in my personal wallet.
Activity: 620
Merit: 500
June 26, 2018, 06:33:11 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

its really obvious that you must save your tokens in wallet, it is called wallet because this is where you save money. Exchange are too risky because it might lose your tokens. wallet are safer than exchanges.
Activity: 280
June 26, 2018, 06:27:53 PM
I am prefer keeping my coins and tokens on my wallet. Its good to save our coin/token in exchanges but I am afraid because hacker many time success to hack on exchanges wallet.

yes, because we can take full control of the coins and tokens in our wallet and we can prevent from the hacker. but it is not a mistake if we want to keep the coins or the tokens in the exchange so we can directly sell when the price can jump to the higher price. as long as we can follow with the instructions from the exchange then we can save our account in the exchanges and we don't have to worry about the hacker.
xws
Activity: 105
June 26, 2018, 05:21:25 AM
As I think, the wallet is better than the stock exchange, for keeping money, the chance to get into a situation where the hacker will crack you less than where a group of hackers will break the stock exchange.
Activity: 88
June 26, 2018, 05:20:02 AM
If you are holding long term, Most definite a wallet. If an change goes down you can lose all you coins. I always recommend the Ledger Nano S. If you are trading just keep what you are currently trading in.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 02:30:19 PM
I think it is better to hold your token in a wallet Ledger Nano. You must put it only on exchange if your are going to trade it.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
June 25, 2018, 02:08:06 PM

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I wouldn't recommend holding too many coins on an exchange, especially after the latest news related to exchanges being hacked.
You can keep a minimum amount of tokens for daily trading, but it would be better to draw them back to your wallet in the end of each trading day.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 02:02:51 PM
I am prefer keeping my coins and tokens on my wallet. Its good to save our coin/token in exchanges but I am afraid because hacker many time success to hack on exchanges wallet.
Activity: 195
Merit: 24
June 25, 2018, 02:02:29 PM
this inquiry depend on your goals! if you want ot trade them so just keep them in exchanges and dont withdraw them but if you are one of the long term holders so just withdraw it to your wallet it and put it there safe just dont forget to save the private key and pass words!
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 25, 2018, 02:02:18 PM
The reality is most people leave their coins in exchanges because it's quite convenient that you can sell at a moment's notice. But the thing is, such people may have never experienced an exchange hack and then subsequently the exchange can't reinburse them for the coins.

It is risky to leave coins in exchanges, but no one new would listen.
should we be more patient if we want to sell some of our coins,
if the market is bad like now better save in the official wallet not in exchange, too many risk.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
June 25, 2018, 01:59:56 PM
The reality is most people leave their coins in exchanges because it's quite convenient that you can sell at a moment's notice. But the thing is, such people may have never experienced an exchange hack and then subsequently the exchange can't reinburse them for the coins.

It is risky to leave coins in exchanges, but no one new would listen.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 01:57:18 PM
If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.
Activity: 94
June 25, 2018, 01:34:01 PM
For me, its difficult to tell which is better but the only answer to that question is that it depends on the token you have that will make you decide if you are to exchange it or keep in your wallet
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
June 25, 2018, 09:00:11 AM
Wallets are the best for storekeeping your coins. It always was. Although you can always immediately trade your coins if it is stored in exchanges, but the security risk is much higher than when it is stored in your own wallet.

Simply keeping a coin in a wallet is not that safe and can have the same risk as having your coins in an exchange. One should really be carefull with their wallet and their backup. Be sure to store different backup copies. Getting a hardware wallet is the best.
Activity: 70
June 25, 2018, 08:55:35 AM
Wallets are the best for storekeeping your coins. It always was. Although you can always immediately trade your coins if it is stored in exchanges, but the security risk is much higher than when it is stored in your own wallet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
June 24, 2018, 09:31:32 PM
i don't hold any crypto on exchanges unless they payed dividends for holding the coin like kucoin and fcoin. holding on exchnages is like giving away your private-keys or store them on evernote like ian shillina  Cheesy
Activity: 196
June 24, 2018, 09:24:08 PM
I think you are lookin for safetiness. Well, you can do it both in order to make something not everything will lost incase there will happens of hacking you. Be careful to your wallets especially if you own huge coins in it. Good luck and you can do it both for much better security.
Activity: 58
June 24, 2018, 09:18:31 PM
For long term hold wallet is more safe than exchange.
Activity: 238
Merit: 27
June 24, 2018, 09:14:43 PM
Keeping your coins on an exchange is really risky especially if you have big amount. Even the exchange is trusted your funds are not safe on it and they can't guarantee that they can protect it all the time but when something wrong goes on and they are hacked, the right place for holding yors coins is on your wallet  Smiley
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
June 24, 2018, 09:04:29 PM
I think it is better to keep you coins in your wallet other than on an exchange sites because there are several rumours about how exchange sites have been hacked making them lose huge sums of money. Just study and observe the market and know when to trade other than leaving your money on exchange sites. It is not advisable.
In keeping your coins or tokens, you also need to diversify.
Putting our money on exchanges makes us easy to trade especially when we are setting an order, however the risk like you mentioned is always.
Minimize the risk by storing on different trusted exchanges and different wallets as well.
Pages:
Jump to: