Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 28. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 03:00:41 AM
If you really want to keep long term you definitely need to keep it in your hardware wallet. I think the exchanges are not safe
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 02:59:46 AM
if you want to hodl your funds then you should have to use your own wallet for safety. and if you want to trade then you have to use exchanges because there is no alternative. its simple. personally I use exchange wallet because I'm a trader.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
June 21, 2018, 02:54:59 AM
Although I trust exchanges like Binance, I'd never keep much of my coins there.
It is always good practice to keep the majority of your coins in your own wallet.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
June 20, 2018, 04:24:59 PM
On the exchange it is worth keeping only the money that you use for constant trading. At me the sum used for an exchange it only 20% from all volume as the most of money waits bulls, and there is no smsla them to touch in general. If you keep more money on the exchange, you risk becoming a victim of hackers.
Activity: 378
June 20, 2018, 04:21:41 PM
For me it depends on what you are gonna do they are both useful in holding coins in a way that in exchange it is good for day trading or short term trading but if you are planning for a long term then I think much better to be in a wallet because you do not need to check your coins daily in this way you have control on both asset.
Activity: 327
Merit: 124
June 20, 2018, 04:20:30 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I prefer to keep my coins on Wallet. It's  calmer for me. But of course some of coins I keep on Exchange, on good one
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
June 20, 2018, 04:17:34 PM
If you bought a coin for a long period, it is better to store it on your wallet, which has nothing to do with the exchange.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
June 20, 2018, 09:37:40 AM
Always, remember always! Keep money only on your media, in the long term your money will be lost or at the very right moment they will be blocked under the guise of the fact that your wallet is working, I do not know what they can do, but you I think understand what they do with your money.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
June 20, 2018, 09:36:13 AM
Both are useful. Mostly, use cold storage for the larger part of your funds and then consider a wallet and some exchange accounts for the rest of the coins.
Activity: 126
June 20, 2018, 09:25:24 AM
I would choose wallet over exchange because it's easier to manage the money using wallet. It is also more convenient transfering money or transacting with others using the wallet.
Activity: 66
Merit: 2
June 20, 2018, 05:35:24 AM
In my case I am storing btc in my wallet because it has feature where i can convert my fiat money into btc so whenever i want to buy btc or btc to fiat. its already in the wallet and also it has certain service where i can buy prepaid load and paying bills. So for now this wallet is useful to me. may I could use exchanger if i wanted to buy altcoins or vice versa.

Activity: 406
June 20, 2018, 05:34:56 AM
hold the coin tends to grow step by step for a long term or capture the coin to accelerate in a quick time to exchange. It depends on the selections and strategies of everybody. so long as it is powerful to generate profit.
Activity: 140
June 20, 2018, 05:34:51 AM
If you don`t plan to trade them, then is better not to keep your coins on any exchange. Indeed, if you have many different coins, it`s more convenient to keep all of them in a single place, but you have complete control over your funds only if you keep them in your wallets. Obviously, a hardware wallet would be the safest choice.
Activity: 182
June 20, 2018, 05:32:58 AM
Keeping coins in an exchange sites was not a good idea, because anytime that exchange sites decided to closed it up. So if you want to hold tokens for a long period it's better to store them in a wallet, not exchange.
Activity: 196
June 20, 2018, 05:28:19 AM
Wallet that you own a private key is better and safer but if you constantly trade then put your funds in the exchange to save you from sending it back and forth. Put only those coins that you are holding long term in your wallet and it should offline wallet.
Activity: 391
Merit: 254
Blockchain Stranger
June 20, 2018, 05:25:58 AM
Simple, go and create some diversity for being more secure and confident! But dont hold on exchange, it is not safe enough, also - there is no need to create a new one for every single coin, as for me!
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
June 19, 2018, 10:15:49 AM
I prefer save coins on a wallet to which I have a private key. I have nothing against exchanges, however, there were several situations when they failed and I was losing money.
Therefore, I believe that most of the coins are better kept on a wallet and part for trading on exchanges
Activity: 112
Merit: 5
I can Provide Targeted Telegram Members
June 19, 2018, 09:04:49 AM
I like to keep all of my tokens or coins in my wallet and if I want to sell them then I will transfer my coins in a specific exchange. I don't like to day trade so I will choose to keep my coins in my wallet. Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
June 19, 2018, 08:59:58 AM
If you want to hold your coins for few years then use wallet. When you are a trader and you are trading everyday, then use exchange, because it is cheaper than sending a lot of transactions everyday.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 19, 2018, 08:55:15 AM
I think big exchanges like binance, livecoin or kucoin are safer than wallets and I like than wallet, the important thing is that we activate all security features so that the coins or tokens stored are safer than the wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: