Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 27. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
June 22, 2018, 03:57:38 AM
It depends what you want to do.
If you are daily trader then dont think you need sent them to wallet everyday then to exchange; if you are long term Hodler then yes you need keep them on Wallets.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 03:19:02 AM
From the point of view of what's more secure I think exchanges and open web wallets are the same. It's easy to hack both. Desktop wallets are little bit more secure but still not perfect. But where to keep crypto depends on your aims.
Activity: 182
June 21, 2018, 11:28:54 AM
Both are the good options, if you are trader then exchange is the best option for you and if you are investor then go for Wallet and moreover wallet is more secure than exchange. Exchanges are for day trader while wallet are for longer term investors
copper member
Activity: 168
June 21, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
i do both because i trade with some coins as well
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 09:56:00 AM
I prefer to put a wallet as long as the wallet is safe and no one knows the key.
depending on their beliefs respectively.
Activity: 238
June 21, 2018, 08:49:21 AM
The best wallet address to save your token is the one you create by your self, because you have the full access to it, including private key, secondly any exchange used to sell, is a personal choice, than exchange wallet address.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 08:36:55 AM
It is better to keep your tokens in your wallet. Exchange can go off the market or have any problem at any point in time. And if that happens, you fall to the losing end which will not be nice at all
Activity: 113
June 21, 2018, 07:26:53 AM
For this, ill settle for wallet, Exchange is only suitable for traders. There has been continuous reports of exchange hacks where a number of coins were lost costing millions of Dollars, storing coins in an exchange wallet is not a risk worth taking at all especially if you are not constantly trading, Private wallets are safer as you are able to encrypt them to your own specifications and liking. With the invention of the hardware wallets, like Ledger Nano S, the safety of your coins is as good as guaranteed.
Activity: 145
June 21, 2018, 07:06:34 AM
Wallet and exchange These two depend on our own needs. Because if we want to trade with any cryptocurrency, then we must keep our coins in exchange.Because without exchange you can not trade. Also if we think that we need to hold coins, we can put the coins on the wallet. Because if we keep on the exchange then there is a chance to hack. For this reasons it fully depends on our wishes.

For me I prefer wallet that exchange, because coins in wallet are staking unlike in exchanges and storing our coins in wallets makes me more secure and no worries that it will be hack like in exchanges. It still base on us and how we gonna use it.
Activity: 126
June 21, 2018, 07:02:51 AM
To save your fund you should always put them in a wallet. Exchanges are only for trading. Do your trades then send directly to wallet.
Activity: 391
Merit: 254
Blockchain Stranger
June 21, 2018, 06:14:23 AM
If you are a day trader. Exchange will be the good thing for you to hold your tokens, since you are also using them for trading. But, if you are a holder. I suggest to put it on a wallet. It's actually hard to hold your tokens on exchanges, they might say they were hacked, then everything you had will vanished.

Yes, this is the thing I coinsider everytime, so I just store my funds on exchange wallet only the time needed to trade, and then withdraw them right away, when the trade is finished.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Good Morning
June 21, 2018, 04:03:13 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
in my opinion each method has it advantages and disadvantages, so you shoyld think what will be better for yoh personally, good luck
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
June 21, 2018, 03:55:23 AM
Wallet and exchange These two depend on our own needs. Because if we want to trade with any cryptocurrency, then we must keep our coins in exchange.Because without exchange you can not trade. Also if we think that we need to hold coins, we can put the coins on the wallet. Because if we keep on the exchange then there is a chance to hack. For this reasons it fully depends on our wishes.
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 03:50:26 AM
Exchager wallet is not safe. If need to hold coin. You the wall it safe for your coin. But you not some information to other people. It safe for your wallet. If want exchange you charge the wall to exchange wallet. But if change the coin. You know the process before use. It any time to change the price. So check the price day by day. Then you get some ideas.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
June 21, 2018, 03:44:45 AM
It seems to me that keeping coins on exchanges is more secure than on purses. Because lately, a lot of exchanges are attacked by hackers, or the exchange establishes certain rules that make it difficult to trade or withdraw coins to your wallet.
Activity: 74
June 21, 2018, 03:38:43 AM
Exchanges are mostly used for trading because all coins are not listed on all exchanges and if your timeframe is short term then you can hold your coins in any online exchange which have your coins but if your timeframe of investment  for 2 to 3 years then you can hold your coins in online or offline wallet as per your wish. Trezor and nano is best wallet to hold coins for a bigger term as it is not accessible without connecting it to a device.
Activity: 184
June 21, 2018, 03:18:22 AM
Each person has their own thoughts and views to choose from. all in line with the market trend. For my part, I have stored all the coins at the walllet on the exchange floor. and available at any time for profit or reservation. It matches the current trend.
June 21, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
I like keeping my coins in a well secured wallet of mine. I remember I was used to keeping a lot of my coins at an exchange site and could you believe that was hacked. All the coins I have toiled for were stolen. I learnt a lesson from that and decided not to be keeping coins at an exchange.
I also fear that the exchange system may be interrupted which can greatly affect me.
June 21, 2018, 03:14:27 AM
I like keeping my coins in a well secured wallet of mine. I remember I was used to keeping a lot of my coins at an exchange site and could you believe that was hacked. All the coins I have toiled for were stolen. I learnt a lesson from that and decided not to be keeping coins at an exchange.
I also fear that the exchange system may be interrupted which can greatly affect me.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
June 21, 2018, 03:12:12 AM
if you hold on mid term or want to trade you can keep your coin on exchanger

but if you want to hold it as a long term investment, you better choose wallet to store your coin.
cause exchanger sometimes can be hacked and your investment gonna gone too.

both of them have their own risk. if you forget the private key in your wallet then your coins/token is gone too.

so if you store it at the wallet, just make sure you backup your wallet/Private key and keep them secure.

Pages:
Jump to: