Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 45. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 05:07:48 PM
They both have different uses. You use wallets to store your coins for however long that you wish to store them safely while you use exchanges when you need to trade coins. On no account should you use exchanges as a means to store your coins for the long term
Activity: 251
June 01, 2018, 05:06:58 PM
They both have different uses. You use wallets to store your coins for however long that you wish to store them safely while you use exchanges when you need to trade coins. On no account should you use exchanges as a means to store your coins for the long term
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
June 01, 2018, 12:58:59 PM
if you knows about mt.gox, btc-e you will dont put too much money on any exchange site. Smiley keep it in computer is better.
Activity: 574
June 01, 2018, 12:42:53 PM
Only wallet. Keep in any personal wallet that gives to you private keys and full control with your money. I prefer ledger.
Activity: 52
June 01, 2018, 12:39:41 PM
Only offline wallet and keep them in safe place like in winrar archive with strong password which canot be decrypted at once , have to copy them 2 times and use only when you need to pay..
Activity: 154
June 01, 2018, 12:35:03 PM
It may be hard for novice users to understand this principle, but a cryptocurrency wallet is not like a bank account. With a bank account, you rely on a third-party service provider to safeguard your funds. That is exactly what exchange wallets are, yet they do not let users spend their funds as they want. You always need “permission” from the exchange wallet service provider to move funds around, which is both annoying and risky.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 12:29:12 PM
Even on exchange you have it, but it may be maintenance or exchange outages, or worse currency exchange could be hacked. That's why I choose wallet.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
June 01, 2018, 12:10:26 PM
Im holding my crypto assets on both platform. I have crypto in my wallet for long term holdings. I have also crypto in different exchange for daily trading. Being there saves my from transaction fees from transferring my crypto back and forth.
Activity: 23
June 01, 2018, 12:05:22 PM
If you want trade or sell your coin - exchange. But if you plan long time keep and you are investor - wallet better (but with safety access, like ledgerwallet)
Activity: 26
June 01, 2018, 09:31:44 AM
Wallet of course. If your fund is held in the wallet, you have total control and you can have a rest of mind.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 09:15:08 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Is not that still Clear for you being a Full Member and being in crypto for at least half a year? Remember one simple thing - once you deposit your money on exchange you do not own your money! I am having official wallets for coins that my Ledger nano s does not support, as for exchanges I only deposit when I want buy to sell smth and withdraw from it immediately. Is not MtGox and other exchanges do not teach you anything guys?

yes i totally agree with you. But in case someone prefers day trading then exchange is suitable choice but you should always enable 2FA in your exchange account. And its a good practice to move big amounts from your exchange wallet to local wallet if you plan to hold on to them for a while. And if you are not day trading then you should always prefer local wallet on your PC for which you have the private keys.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
June 01, 2018, 09:08:26 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
Is not that still Clear for you being a Full Member and being in crypto for at least half a year? Remember one simple thing - once you deposit your money on exchange you do not own your money! I am having official wallets for coins that my Ledger nano s does not support, as for exchanges I only deposit when I want buy to sell smth and withdraw from it immediately. Is not MtGox and other exchanges do not teach you anything guys?
Why you do not own your money what put it on exchange? Thank you so much for warning, I had no idea about it! Now I know
because in the case of the "benches" of the exchange, all the wallets will remain with the owners. And since they have all the passwords then your funds will actually belong to them
Activity: 490
May 31, 2018, 07:03:12 AM
Wallet that you own a private key is better and safer but if you constantly trade then put your funds in the exchange to save you from sending it back and forth. Put only those coins that you are holding long term in your wallet and it should offline wallet.
Activity: 266
May 31, 2018, 07:01:13 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Why you do not own your money what put it on exchange? Thank you so much for warning, I had no idea about it! Now I know
Activity: 266
May 31, 2018, 07:00:07 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
There are some wallets, where you can keep different coins. I have heard many good reviews about them. If you want, I can look for it
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
May 31, 2018, 06:57:22 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
Activity: 238
May 31, 2018, 06:52:22 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
I would recommend to use wallets, the best option is wallets with partial storage on the computer. You keep a part of the currency, which is not present in the organization and thus they can not steal your money.
Activity: 84
May 31, 2018, 06:51:06 AM
Exchanges are mostly used for trading because all coins are not listed on all exchanges and if your horizon is short term then you can hold your coins in any online exchange which have your coins but if your horizon of investment is for 2 to 3 years then you can hold your coins in online or offline wallet as per your wish. Trezor and ledger nano is best wallet to hold coins for a bigger term as it is not accessible without connecting it to a device.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
May 31, 2018, 06:19:23 AM
Don’t use exchange wallet to hold your coin. better buy some hard wallet. because if the exchange is getting hacked, you will lose all of your money.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
May 31, 2018, 05:40:51 AM
my advice is keep on exchange only the bare minimum and only for the time of the transactions/trading and then withdraw to a personal wallet of which you have private keys
Pages:
Jump to: