Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 46. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 05:34:47 AM
if you trade then undoubtedly the exchange, but if you are an investor and just want to hold on for a while, it is better to use a wallet
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 04:51:28 AM
An exchange is where you buy/sell cryptocurrencies. A wallet is where you keep cryptocurrencies you’ve bought or have received. they are different, you must know what you want to do, we would tell you some advice.
Activity: 135
May 31, 2018, 04:41:44 AM
I have coins in both.
Depends on the amount of money. It's better to keep it in your wallet if you have the money in the loaded amount. If you have a small amount of money, it's better to stay in exchange. You can earn money by constantly buying and selling.
Activity: 31
May 31, 2018, 04:37:39 AM
Exchangers are not wallets, there are many exchangers that were been hacked by the hackers. You can ensure that your coins are safe if you will keep it in trusted wallets.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 03:47:52 AM
If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.
Activity: 336
May 30, 2018, 03:45:24 AM
I am keeping most of my cryptocurrencies in different wallets such as Trezor,Ledger and MyEtherWallet.But I am also trading a bit so I am keeping some coins at exchanges.
Activity: 73
May 30, 2018, 03:42:29 AM
I think its not that bad to hold in exchange wallets if you set nice password and 2fa. You just need to not using suspicious unknown exchanges and everything will be okay, holding in personal wallets can be quite harder than this
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
May 30, 2018, 03:42:17 AM
When to hold money at the exchange ? When you want to pick a profit, because your cryptocurrency has already reached your goal and you sell it. It is your rational and planned decision, and you are waiting for a suitable opportunity in the near period of 1 hour - 1 week.
If you have a higher amount of money in the crypto, invest in your purses. Many expanded crypt assets can be safely held in Ledger Nano S. This is because of a possible hack currency exchange as was the case in the past.
Personally, I hold coins in wallets and it seems to me that it's a safe form.
Activity: 178
Merit: 2
May 30, 2018, 03:39:34 AM
if you want long term I think mending in the wallet, because it could be later you will get a fee holder
Activity: 210
May 30, 2018, 03:36:53 AM
Better keep your coins in the wallet. Once the trading platform is hacked, say goodbye to your favorite coins. Despite having your coin in exchange quite profitable too, let's say the price of the coin suddenly goes up, you can easily trade it. By keeping it in your wallet, it may take some time to be confirmed and during this time the price may have gone down. exchanges and wallets have pros and cons.
exchange gives you instant purchase and sale and 1 account is enough for all coins.
on the other hand your wallet gives you a sense of security.
day trader can keep his coins in exchange but for the holder it should be in the wallet.
Activity: 294
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 30, 2018, 03:36:46 AM
Before you ask this question you have determine you purpose for storing your coin. If you are a long term investor and would hodl for an X number of year with big amount of investment, it is best to keep our currencies in a wallet that way only you have access on it and its is separate from any device that you use, In that way it is less prone to be hacked. If you would like to trade and want it more flexible to withdraw and or exchange you currency it is best to put on a secure platform.
Activity: 322
May 30, 2018, 03:31:14 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

In my experience when our coins are on the exchange, we will start thinking of other possibilities on coins being pumped for example. So unless we really aim as a trader, it looks like a wallet would be better.
Activity: 74
May 30, 2018, 03:25:11 AM
Leaving your coins in any exchange will get your coins on a risk. So, It will be better if you store it in your wallet than exchange
Activity: 322
May 30, 2018, 02:43:12 AM
If you are a trader then better with the exchanges otherwise, just hold it inside your wallet so as to be more secured in case of security breaches on cex or dex.
Activity: 196
May 30, 2018, 02:41:56 AM

I can say exchange sites if you want to buy and sell but if you want to keep it safe you definitely prefer your wallet.I have been using it for years, the safest way

Activity: 308
May 30, 2018, 02:37:23 AM
As for me it's better on the purse. For me, plus a purse in that it is more protected. Yes, probably for me it is the most important factor, all the same to withdraw money from the exchange easier than from the purse itself. A lot of people say that it is better not to store on the stock exchange.
Activity: 124
May 30, 2018, 02:30:44 AM
I do not recommend you save money on wallet exchanger, I suggest you save your money on wallet like myetherwallet or metamask
Activity: 196
May 30, 2018, 12:21:23 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

It seems that it will depend on our activities, but if we decide for long-term investment, maybe wallet would be better to be an option.
Activity: 133
May 30, 2018, 12:19:31 AM
Both has pros and cons but I am using both to keep my coins but my preference is exchange because sometime we are in hurry to sell the coins immediately because of sudden spike in price but if we have it on Exchange then its possible we can sell instantly on the other hand Wallet is most secured place for the coins to keep it but sometime we face problem in transferring from wallet to exchange it takes long than usual  because of confirmations but it happens very rarely otherwise Wallet is the best and safe place to keep your coins always secured.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
May 30, 2018, 12:08:15 AM
Exchanges are always subject to hacking which many believe that the owners who are behind and just made up the hacking incident. So just keep it on your wallet because the only person you can trust is yourself.
I do not really believe in a third party, because they are also human beings who have a greedy nature, whenever they can do fraud or even a scam. I'm not very recommend to keep all your assets in exchange, as many users do that, save it just as necessary for trading, the rest save on a desktop wallet or wallet without a third party, it will be much safer..
Pages:
Jump to: