Author

Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com? - page 139. (Read 60679 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
January 15, 2018, 12:34:53 PM
Has anyone been able to tell if actual work is being done on the site aside from that shitty banner being updated?

It seems that someone in the discord has some kind of contact with the dev, they have a serious problem with a corrupted database and are trying to recover.

It can take days to recover a database with a lot of data (I know from experience), besides they have a serious error in how the site works (ajax).

Even if they restore the db, they need to fix the error/timeout handling on ajax lib or it will not work, the site will always overload in a matter of minutes.

Which discord is this?

See here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28147200

So has no one been able to log in at all? I am never able to... I have a bit of BTC lying in my account from selling my EMB, would like to buy into some other shitcoins but it seems impossible right now...
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 12:26:54 PM
Last update from chat:

CoinsMarketsMod: IMPORTANT: We are in talks with a few hosting partners, site will be back very soon. Please be aware we DO NOT deploy admins/devs/interns in CoinsMarketsChat. Do not send personal information or money to anyone. Thanks for your continued patience.

Now for the million dollar question... is there way to know whether or not that was actually from someone at coinsmarkets and not just some random trolling?
Activity: 72
January 15, 2018, 12:23:17 PM
Has anyone been able to tell if actual work is being done on the site aside from that shitty banner being updated?

It seems that someone in the discord has some kind of contact with the dev, they have a serious problem with a corrupted database and are trying to recover.

It can take days to recover a database with a lot of data (I know from experience), besides they have a serious error in how the site works (ajax).

Even if they restore the db, they need to fix the error/timeout handling on ajax lib or it will not work, the site will always overload in a matter of minutes.

Which discord is this?

See here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28147200
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 12:11:11 PM
Last update from chat:

CoinsMarketsMod: IMPORTANT: We are in talks with a few hosting partners, site will be back very soon. Please be aware we DO NOT deploy admins/devs/interns in CoinsMarketsChat. Do not send personal information or money to anyone. Thanks for your continued patience.

Activity: 294
Merit: 12
January 15, 2018, 11:44:37 AM
Isn't ECA talking to the Devs of CoinsMarkets? If they're in direct contact with them then why isn't anyone contacting the DEV team of Electra and getting their input? They may not be interacting with the public or communicating with us but "supposedly" from what I saw in the chat and what I've seen from ECA's team on Reddit and Twitter they're in talks with the team working on the CoinsMarkets site.

So has anyone contacted ECA Devs Team?

I think ECA-COINSMARKETS-COINHOUSE-COINCONTROL....all those exchange starting with "coins" and ECA dev are all on the same boat.

Yep. Biggest red flag is when coins control open up just selling Electra! Big scam now that coin house.eu is listed on coins market cap!

This is how I got robbed going to hitbtc saw hitbtc had a coin I liked and joined and bought it only to have funds put on hold forever.

I mean I'm new to crypto but I sure find it strange how an exchange is only selling eca and even after robbing everyone coinhouse.eu is on coins market cap.

January 15, 2018, 11:38:42 AM

I did see some wallets online the other day with a last scan dates between 1/12 and 1/14

see this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28141575

And a little later on I looked at the page again and their last scan dates were on the 7th and 8th like in the last link you provided.
My personal understanding without any technical Background is:

This is cause you just used coinsmarkets.com, this Domain is directing you to one of These above Servers / IP's. So if you refresh the page, the wallets could be online or offline. It's random. Smiley

PS: If I could bet, I would guess the three offline wallets are the three new Servers. Wink

Yeah, but I was wondering why on one page it would show the wallet as online with the last scan date of 1/8 and on another it would show the wallet as online with a last scan date of 1/12 -both wallets for the exact same coin. And both times, the page had the "We are checking with different hosting banner" up at the top.
Activity: 14
January 15, 2018, 11:28:14 AM

I did see some wallets online the other day with a last scan dates between 1/12 and 1/14

And a little later on I looked at the page again and their last scan dates were on the 7th and 8th like in the last link you provided.
My personal understanding without any technical Background is:

This is cause you just used coinsmarkets.com, this Domain is directing you to one of These above Servers / IP's. So if you refresh the page, the wallets could be online or offline. It's random. Smiley

PS: If I could bet, I would guess the three offline wallets are the three new Servers. Wink
January 15, 2018, 11:21:55 AM

Activity: 14
Activity: 5
January 15, 2018, 10:21:37 AM
Is not a scam. Just not pros.

Eventhough it should not be necessary open a fund and we'll pay for new servers.

Supposedly he already bought the servers. What's worrying is that domain expires on March 9th.

That's exactly what I'm worried about.
January 15, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
Looking in the Chrome console, I found what's is DDOSing their site: is the ajax request that don't have a timeout control when a request return a error, after a erro the site make immediately another request without timeout control.

So for any server they try to setup the site will overload and consume all resources in minutes.

They need to change the ajax request and make an error control, when returning a code other than 200, impose a timeout on the next ajax request.

For example, hundred of this requests are mede per second when a RESOURCE ERROR are returned:

GET https://coinsmarkets.com/getbalancebuy.php?coinid=5&name=Bitcoin&pairid=1 net :: ERR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

If possible, send this information to them: add error control and timeout on ajax function, to delay request on error.

Someone linked to this post in the Telegram.

The admin claimed to be a web developer and said this wouldn't cause a massive issue.
January 15, 2018, 09:53:57 AM

Eventhough it should not be necessary open a fund and we'll pay for new servers.

Supposedly he already bought the servers. What's worrying is that domain expires on March 9th.
Activity: 41
January 15, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
If CM come back online. It probably crash in a few minute due to massive withdraw request. Undecided
Activity: 64
January 15, 2018, 09:36:12 AM

Activity: 136
January 15, 2018, 09:31:40 AM
Almost 23 billion coins are stuck at CM. If coins get burried with website that would be amazing blessing with disguise for the people who have their coins in their wallet...
Max supply would come down to 7billion from existing 30 billion
January 15, 2018, 09:30:21 AM

Which discord is this?
January 15, 2018, 09:03:05 AM

January 15, 2018, 08:56:36 AM
January 15, 2018, 08:44:59 AM
Biitdeep,

Interested in working with me to build something better and more trustworthy than CM?
Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Hi, send me a PM.
Activity: 58
January 15, 2018, 07:56:58 AM
Guys, dont belive new masages at main page of coinsmarkets. The best way how to know what is the problem, write to the domain owner email or call him.
soo write him.https://www.imgup.cz/image/LW9p

so if it says "update date:2018-01-08" but the site is down for almost 10 days now - seems that someone is actually doing stuff on the website or what does this mean?
if its a exit scam it wouldn't have to be touched or updated?

Jump to: