Author

Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com? - page 147. (Read 60679 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250
BAM
January 13, 2018, 04:42:20 AM
It is very uncalled for to have anyone threaten someone else. However, people have a lot of money in the exchange. I know a lot of people that make a living off of crypto and if their money was cut off from them because of a stupid exchange that doesn't know how to get their crap together, I could see some people flying off the handle. Imagine it, if you had $100,000 on that exchange with no way to get it out praying that they don't just vanish with it, you would be a little upset too. However, like I said, it's no reason to start threatening someones life or someones families lives. You just need to understand where some of these people are coming from. I had quite a bit of LTC on that exchange and thankfully I was able to get it out before they started all of this crap.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 04:14:01 AM
Some people actually threatened the host for CM? WTF?

Yeah, some retards in the telegram group insulted the hosting owner, threatened his family, posted pictures of the firearms infront of the screen with the telegram chat... I suggest staying away from that telegram group.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
January 13, 2018, 03:21:53 AM
Hey - just curious - is anyone successful at the moment in actually logging into the site?  I get "socket error" half the time, and then when I'm 100% sure I'm putting in the right username and password and PIN I get "wrong login info" (sometimes), then when I try to retrieve my "lost password" I put in my email address - and get no email from them?

Just curious if anyone is having trouble logging into the site at all -  thanks...

had same issue the other day, then logged in on next day. but its waste of time at the moment, they didn't finished yet
Activity: 41
January 13, 2018, 02:47:14 AM
I understand pp who invested on CM to be angry and impatient. But pp who doesn't have any coin on their website and just want to paticipated in witch hunt. What do you gain from doing this? Huh
Activity: 136
January 13, 2018, 01:20:08 AM
Nobody can get your coins back if they fraud....I blame guys of this forum who are enjoying calling them fraud because they really dont care...it is all because of them we might not see our coins...Let CM work in tgeir own way...stoo bashing them...
Activity: 42
January 13, 2018, 12:47:57 AM
Hey - just curious - is anyone successful at the moment in actually logging into the site?  I get "socket error" half the time, and then when I'm 100% sure I'm putting in the right username and password and PIN I get "wrong login info" (sometimes), then when I try to retrieve my "lost password" I put in my email address - and get no email from them?

Just curious if anyone is having trouble logging into the site at all -  thanks...

I’ve been able to login pretty much the whole time. Sometimes I get an error saying login credentials are wrong but mostly I get in and can at least view the balances page.
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
January 13, 2018, 12:38:12 AM
after you get the socket error what you want to do, is remove the login id check from the http bar and basically just put in http://coinsmarket.com   the original site and then you will see your normal login information. or at least thats how i do it because i get the socket error every time too
Activity: 54
January 13, 2018, 12:19:19 AM
I really think they are genuine and do not steal coins. They just have big technical problems and are stupid guys not to communicate in the right way about the status. It is a good thing people called the hosting-provider with the result that they are forced by them to communicate. Moreons!
Activity: 41
January 12, 2018, 11:29:09 PM
At least they update their status. I still hope they get back online soon. I still see my coin on explorer If they going to steal our coin it should be gone by now.  Undecided
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 11:24:15 PM
Hey - just curious - is anyone successful at the moment in actually logging into the site?  I get "socket error" half the time, and then when I'm 100% sure I'm putting in the right username and password and PIN I get "wrong login info" (sometimes), then when I try to retrieve my "lost password" I put in my email address - and get no email from them?

Just curious if anyone is having trouble logging into the site at all -  thanks...

I can't login either.  When is the ETA for being back up?  And just caught up on the thread.  You know what, they don't update and expect everyone to take it in the ass.  They can go fuck themselves.  I'm glad someone was willing to put a hit out on them.  Some people only learn the hard way.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
January 12, 2018, 11:22:10 PM

You can't login dude, there's no back end, that site is up just so they can put an ugly message saying "server overload blah blah blah".
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...
January 12, 2018, 10:57:13 PM

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
January 12, 2018, 10:45:22 PM
They stole our coins or they stole our coins, it does not matter. It is important that we lost them. They're just scoundrels and dilettantes.

If they wanted, they could just return our coins to our wallets, but did not do so.

could you please explain how would you do that with infrastructure not capable to handle all the traffic needed for refund operation???
Activity: 65
January 12, 2018, 09:43:12 PM
if coinsmarkets crash was handled correctly....

1. Find the timestamp when servers started crashing
2. Freeze registration + all new members from around and after that timestamp
3. Enable trading again
4. Order/setup new servers for migration while trading continues

Maybe I'm just crazy.
Activity: 105
Merit: 20
January 12, 2018, 09:33:10 PM
They earn much money and can't get servers with a good DDoS protection ?
I hope they can fix this issue soon. But for sure many users will tranfer money to their wallets and never come back again to this "exchanger".

That's the fault of the manager in charge of servers for not having the foresight to have DDoS protection from the start. If they can fix their problems, they can come back and prove their worth. Many exchanges were able to comeback even after a hacking incident.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 09:19:55 PM
They stole our coins or they stole our coins, it does not matter. It is important that we lost them. They're just scoundrels and dilettantes.

If they wanted, they could just return our coins to our wallets, but did not do so.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
January 12, 2018, 09:13:45 PM
Some people actually threatened the host for CM? WTF?
Activity: 86
January 12, 2018, 08:54:16 PM
They earn much money and can't get servers with a good DDoS protection ?
I hope they can fix this issue soon. But for sure many users will tranfer money to their wallets and never come back again to this "exchanger".
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
Activity: 15
January 12, 2018, 08:18:21 PM
I have various coins tied up with coinsmarkets, really hoping they come back.

I did realize something regarding their most recent "update" about maybe having to move because of users complaining. If the web hosting company got a bunch of complaints about coinsmarkets, the hosting company might have told coinsmarkets they might pull the plug on their web hosting if people keep complaining.

Of course, that is not excusing their lack of transparent communication regarding what is going on. And to make it worse, let's leave an unmoderated chatbox open on the site that isn't working, so all the bored trolls can try to freak people out.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Always the right way. The chat on the site is a 3rd. party tool, hosted off-site afaik, which is why that works. I'm not defending them at all. We'll see what happens. If anyone had all their coins on CM, and thinks there isn't a lesson to be learned from this (whether it comes back or not), you will be burned in crypto eventually with that mentality. People lost their life savings with Mt. Gox.
Jump to: