Pages:
Author

Topic: Explosive devices sent to Bill/Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, George Soros, CNN - page 2. (Read 7305 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
We have already been over this once smart guy, you know I sourced the law. Why are you going to make yourself look dumb arguing this again?

Mailing weapons of mass destruction through USPS... only a fucking insane tard would believe that they'd be charged with "weapon of mass destruction"

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1047180.html

Oh, hey, look at that! Someone else sent working bombs through the USPS and they WEREN'T classified as weapons of mass destruction.

Who'd thunk?  Roll Eyes

Just because you fail at understanding law doesn't mean the courts fail at understanding law.  Cool

Well first of all the law says nothing about a requirement of mailing, simply possessing a functional explosive device is enough for the charge. Also, I know so little about law that I noticed that the laws against "weapons of mass destruction" came during and after Kazinski's bombings, and you can't charge some one with a law that was passed AFTER the act was committed.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2332a#c_2

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921

Uhhh... if you actually read; https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/house-bill/3355

2001 came after 1994 my friend.

I know numbers are hard; but just because it has more "9s" in it doesn't mean it's a greater number.

Here's the change log;

2004—Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(1), struck out “certain” before “weapons” in section catchline.

Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(2), struck out “(other than a chemical weapon as that term is defined in section 229F)” after “mass destruction” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(1), amended par. (2) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (2) read as follows: “against any person within the United States, and the results of such use affect interstate or foreign commerce or, in the case of a threat, attempt, or conspiracy, would have affected interstate or foreign commerce; or”.

Subsec. (a)(4). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(2), (3), added par. (4).

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(3), struck out “(other than a chemical weapon (as that term is defined in section 229F))” after “mass destruction”.

Subsec. (c)(3). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(4)–(6), added par. (3).

2002—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 107–188, § 231(d)(1), substituted “section 229F)—” for “section 229F), including any biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178)—” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (c)(2)(C). Pub. L. 107–188, § 231(d)(2), substituted “a biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178 of this title)” for “a disease organism”.

1998—Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(A), inserted “certain” before “weapons” in section catchline.

Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(B), inserted “(other than a chemical weapon as that term is defined in section 229F)” after “weapon of mass destruction” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(C), inserted “(other than a chemical weapon (as that term is defined in section 229F))” after “weapon of mass destruction”.

1996—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 104–132, §§ 511(c), 725(1)(A), (B), in heading, inserted “Against a National of the United States or Within the United States” after “Offense”, and in introductory provisions, substituted “, without lawful authority, uses, threatens, or attempts” for “uses, or attempts” and inserted “, including any biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178)” after “mass destruction”.

Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(1)(C), inserted before semicolon at end “, and the results of such use affect interstate or foreign commerce or, in the case of a threat, attempt, or conspiracy, would have affected interstate or foreign commerce”.

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(4), added subsec. (b). Former subsec. (b) redesignated (c).

Subsec. (b)(2)(B). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(2), as amended by Pub. L. 104–294, § 605(m), added subpar. (B) and struck out former subpar. (B) which read as follows: “poison gas;”.

Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(3), redesignated subsec. (b) as (c).

Nope, not redefining it, other than biological/chemical weaponry post 2001 Wink

I never said anything about redefining anything, you did. So is your argument that the law was passed after Kazinski committed his acts? That argument sounds familiar. The crimes he committed as far as I have seen are committed BEFORE the "weapons of mass destruction" legislation was passed. Therefore he would not legally be able to be charged under this statute. None of this proves anything about my point anyway that Sayoc was not charged with "weapons of mass destruction" the standard charge for anyone in possession of a functional explosive device.

Feel free to do more mental gymnastics tho, I hear The Special Olympics is having an event for that this year. You can never get enough practice.
Activity: 574
Merit: 152
We have already been over this once smart guy, you know I sourced the law. Why are you going to make yourself look dumb arguing this again?

Mailing weapons of mass destruction through USPS... only a fucking insane tard would believe that they'd be charged with "weapon of mass destruction"

Oh, hey, look at that! Someone else sent working bombs through the USPS and they WEREN'T classified as weapons of mass destruction.

Who'd thunk?  Roll Eyes

Just because you fail at understanding law doesn't mean the courts fail at understanding law.  Cool

Well first of all the law says nothing about a requirement of mailing, simply possessing a functional explosive device is enough for the charge. Also, I know so little about law that I noticed that the laws against "weapons of mass destruction" came during and after Kazinski's bombings, and you can't charge some one with a law that was passed AFTER the act was committed.

Uhhh... if you actually read; https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/house-bill/3355

2001 came after 1994 my friend.

I know numbers are hard; but just because it has more "9s" in it doesn't mean it's a greater number.

Here's the change log;

2004—Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(1), struck out “certain” before “weapons” in section catchline.

Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(2), struck out “(other than a chemical weapon as that term is defined in section 229F)” after “mass destruction” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(1), amended par. (2) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (2) read as follows: “against any person within the United States, and the results of such use affect interstate or foreign commerce or, in the case of a threat, attempt, or conspiracy, would have affected interstate or foreign commerce; or”.

Subsec. (a)(4). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(2), (3), added par. (4).

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(b)(3), struck out “(other than a chemical weapon (as that term is defined in section 229F))” after “mass destruction”.

Subsec. (c)(3). Pub. L. 108–458, § 6802(a)(4)–(6), added par. (3).

2002—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 107–188, § 231(d)(1), substituted “section 229F)—” for “section 229F), including any biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178)—” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (c)(2)(C). Pub. L. 107–188, § 231(d)(2), substituted “a biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178 of this title)” for “a disease organism”.

1998—Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(A), inserted “certain” before “weapons” in section catchline.

Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(B), inserted “(other than a chemical weapon as that term is defined in section 229F)” after “weapon of mass destruction” in introductory provisions.

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 105–277, § 201(b)(1)(C), inserted “(other than a chemical weapon (as that term is defined in section 229F))” after “weapon of mass destruction”.

1996—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 104–132, §§ 511(c), 725(1)(A), (B), in heading, inserted “Against a National of the United States or Within the United States” after “Offense”, and in introductory provisions, substituted “, without lawful authority, uses, threatens, or attempts” for “uses, or attempts” and inserted “, including any biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178)” after “mass destruction”.

Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(1)(C), inserted before semicolon at end “, and the results of such use affect interstate or foreign commerce or, in the case of a threat, attempt, or conspiracy, would have affected interstate or foreign commerce”.

Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(4), added subsec. (b). Former subsec. (b) redesignated (c).

Subsec. (b)(2)(B). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(2), as amended by Pub. L. 104–294, § 605(m), added subpar. (B) and struck out former subpar. (B) which read as follows: “poison gas;”.

Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 104–132, § 725(3), redesignated subsec. (b) as (c).

Nope, not redefining it, other than biological/chemical weaponry post 2001 Wink
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Who'd thunk?  Roll Eyes

Who'd thunk?  Roll Eyes

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
He also reportedly had tears in his eyes during the hearing, where he was read the following charges: interstate transportation and illegal mailing of explosives, threatening a former president, making threatening interstate communications and assaulting federal officers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cesar-sayoc-court-live-pipe-bomb-cnn-trump-bomber-democrat-package-new-york-update-latest-a8606951.html

==
Sayoc is an amateur bodybuilder and ardent supporter of President Donald Trump who pushed far-right conspiracy theories online.
Lol, seems like some of the users here, except for the whole "bodybuilder" portion.  Roll Eyes

Notice none of those charges include "weapons of mass destruction" the standard charge applied to anyone who creates a functional explosive device...

No shit dumbfuck. He didn't send a weapon of mass destruction.

Notice how is say "illegal mailing of explosives" Huh That's the standard charge for anyone illegal mailing explosive devices.

He also reportedly had tears in his eyes during the hearing, where he was read the following charges: interstate transportation and illegal mailing of explosives, threatening a former president, making threatening interstate communications and assaulting federal officers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cesar-sayoc-court-live-pipe-bomb-cnn-trump-bomber-democrat-package-new-york-update-latest-a8606951.html

==
Sayoc is an amateur bodybuilder and ardent supporter of President Donald Trump who pushed far-right conspiracy theories online.
Lol, seems like some of the users here, except for the whole "bodybuilder" portion.  Roll Eyes

Notice none of those charges include "weapons of mass destruction" the standard charge applied to anyone who creates a functional explosive device...

No shit dumbfuck. He didn't send a weapon of mass destruction.

Notice how is say "illegal mailing of explosives" Huh That's the standard charge for anyone illegal mailing explosive devices.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

==

==
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
BREAKING: PATSY BOMBER Body Cam POLICE VIDEO; Cesar Sayoc In Florida: Full Video & Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xyPl12EdI

I don't know much about this guy, but he does raise some interesting points.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
I wonder when we will get to hear from the guy who done it..

I still thinks it was a set up AND cnn DON LEMON said it was a white guy who did the pipe bombs when he was CUBAN and bankrupt and NUTS ..

Do not vote the DEMS in they will spin lies to your face..
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
You know, like little details such as the fact none of the "bombs" were ever capable of exploding.

Look, be reasonable. There was only a couple of weeks before the mid terms. It was important to fit as many lurid stories in as possible. And given how stupid the media and elite Left think the American population is, they would never have more than one or two going at a time. Plus of course a couple of drum rolls in the background, good and repetitive.

"Russia..."

"Pussy Grabber..."
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Funny, as the details come out about this suddenly, like the Kavanaugh accusers recanting, this is also a non-story once it stops serving your political goals.

If you would provide whatever new details have emerged perhaps we could comment on them. I haven't heard much with all the MT stuff and would be very interested in actual information and not infowars type stuff.

Last I heard he was being extradited to New York.

You know, like little details such as the fact none of the "bombs" were ever capable of exploding.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
Funny, as the details come out about this suddenly, like the Kavanaugh accusers recanting, this is also a non-story once it stops serving your political goals.

If you would provide whatever new details have emerged perhaps we could comment on them. I haven't heard much with all the MT stuff and would be very interested in actual information and not infowars type stuff.

Last I heard he was being extradited to New York.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-explosive-devices-sent-to-billhillary-clinton-barack-obama-george-soros-cnn-source-discussion-5061049

The thread is a bit of a mess in terms of off topicness.  I am guilty of it as are lots of others so lets bring it back a bit on topic.

The above topic was split for off topic discussion, talk about whatever you want about left and right wing extremism there please.

Lets try to keep the focus at least a little bit on the topic.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
If you want to talk about left-wing terrorism vs right-wing terrorism... there is no contest... simply check wikipedia:

The wikipedia article for Left-Wing Terrorism in the united states consists of a single paragraph ending with:

(...) After 1985, following the dismantling of both groups, one source reports there were no confirmed acts of left-wing terrorism by similar groups.

The wikipedia article for Right-Wing Terrorism in the united states consists of 5 paragraphs ending in a list of 38 items since 2003, mostly murders and mass murders:

See also: Domestic terrorism in the United States
(...)
New America's tally shows that since September 11, 2001, incidents of right-wing extremism have caused 86 deaths. Incidents causing death were:
(...)
(check link if you care)

As predicted, you don't care to have a debate, you would rather inject other side topics over and over again. Why? because you know you have no argument, so you have to manufacture an opinion for me for you to defeat. The left has no grounds calling for blame over rhetoric let alone violence based on the past several years of their own behavior.

I'm not the person dragging this off-topic... This thread is about right-wing terrorism, and you are the only person dragging it off-topic.  You dragged it so far off-topic that the moderator had to remove your bullshit and move it to another thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-explosive-devices-sent-to-billhillary-clinton-barack-obama-george-soros-cnn-source-discussion-5061049

How many Americans have been killed by left-wing terrorists?  My research says the number is zero... do you have a different number?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
If you want to talk about left-wing terrorism vs right-wing terrorism... there is no contest... simply check wikipedia:

The wikipedia article for Left-Wing Terrorism in the united states consists of a single paragraph ending with:

(...) After 1985, following the dismantling of both groups, one source reports there were no confirmed acts of left-wing terrorism by similar groups.

The wikipedia article for Right-Wing Terrorism in the united states consists of 5 paragraphs ending in a list of 38 items since 2003, mostly murders and mass murders:

(...)
New America's tally shows that since September 11, 2001, incidents of right-wing extremism have caused 86 deaths. Incidents causing death were:
(...)
(check link if you care)

As predicted, you don't care to have a debate, you would rather inject other side topics over and over again. Why? because you know you have no argument, so you have to manufacture an opinion for me for you to defeat. The left has no grounds calling for blame over rhetoric let alone violence based on the past several years of their own behavior.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-30/brief-history-leftist-political-violence-year

(...)
(...)
(check link if you care)
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Yes, why address the substance of the point, the years of leftist violence against the right, when you can avoid it with side topics?

Because you haven't shown me any evidence of it... a list of bullshit claims that has been debunked is not evidence

Sorry, not sorry

If you want to debate with me, bring facts to the table, not bullshit propaganda that is so easily debunked

Hey, if you have no argument, just pretend the facts aren't there and continue to live in your bubble of preferred alternate reality. No one really believes the left haven't been violent against conservatives on nearly a daily basis since 2016, except people like you running around punching "nazis" of course.

Yep... none of this ever happened... go back to sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDwoWscEOTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hthHHX-oJh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU-kIunAVRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSjIOHvdlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw9kyYEwg2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyHB0COkw3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRUF5FIIeVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMomsIsfRE

YOU brought up leftist violence as a "side topic", not me... do you even realize how much of yourself you project onto others, so you can blame them for your own actions?  (self-aware much?)

If you want to debate with me, bring facts to the table, not bullshit propaganda that is so easily debunked and dismissed

You mean the side topic of the left pointing at Trump and conservatives in general and blaming their "rhetoric" for these attacks? The point (which I am sure you will promptly ignore) was that the media was silent about violence from the left directed at the right, and furthermore stoked it. Now they want to point fingers. A lot of you stood silent as these things happened. Guess what... this is the result... we all live in violence.

Yes, why address the substance of the point, the years of leftist violence against the right, when you can avoid it with side topics?

Because you haven't shown me any evidence of it... a list of bullshit claims that has been debunked is not evidence

Never mind the fact that YOU brought up leftist violence as a "side topic", not me... do you even realize how much of yourself you project onto others, so you can blame them for your own actions?  (self-aware much?)

If you want to debate with me, bring facts to the table, not bullshit propaganda that is so easily debunked and dismissed
Pages:
Jump to: