Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool「魚池」🐟 - page 10. (Read 169327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
February 29, 2016, 02:53:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
February 26, 2016, 04:08:15 PM
https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin/commit/8d3a84c242598ef3cdc733e99dddebfecdad84a6

Keccak?

this is the worst idea I've seen for BTC, switching algo as if it were some altcoin....

it disenfranchises miners who've invested millions/billions in SHA256 hardware.

You don't get to have it both ways.

Miners who choose to support a contentious hard fork are voluntarily disenfranchising themselves; that status is obviously entailed by voluntary defection from the socioeconomic majority.

If their attack on Bitcoin becomes an actual threat (rather than a laughingstock like XT and Unlimited) to our coins, we may switch Core's proof of work in order to avoid a fork war and thereby prevent catastrophic consensus failure.

Should the giant Toominista mines become worthless ToominCoin dumps, they will have nothing to blame except their own brinksmanship.

I welcome a switch to Keccak (or CrypoNight).  It would decentralized mining and improve Bitcoin's antifragility.

f2pool, KnC, and Bitfury should seriously reconsider their determination to become de facto altcoin miners.

They need to understand the way Bitcoin's electronic intrusion countermeasures work - the harder you attack Bitcoin, the harder Bitcoin attacks you.

And you still haven't told us why it took you so long to get bored painting vanity bikesheds at your rump forum.

But it's nice you've come crawling back, with your curly tail tucked between your stumpy widdle pug legs.  Welcome home dear old Doctor Frappe!

Wow I don't think core would actually be stupid enough to pull that boy, do I ever hope they do! There would be no quicker way to their demise.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
February 26, 2016, 10:24:10 AM
So, just to summarize payouts : 96% of btc mined go to you, and NMC and HUC are auto converted?

If so, is there a way for us to get these coins without converting them?

Cheers
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
February 26, 2016, 04:50:00 AM
Would just like to say a thanks to f2pool for the BTC that I mined before the difficulty sky rocketed making mining BTC directly rather pointless for me.
I liked the small daily payout options, where as other pools wanted to hold on to my BTC until I had mined for months to hit the minimum payout level, or charge an extortionate fee for small payouts. I would say this is a contributing factor to the success of f2pool, and the death of many other pools. My BTC belongs in my wallet!
I've mentioned it before that altcoin payouts should probably be grouped up with the BTC payouts. I had many small HUC payments, and sending it to exchange cost about 33% in charges. This would be my suggestion for improvement.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
February 26, 2016, 03:33:57 AM
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

Followup discussion regarding support withdrawal moved here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/f2pool-not-supporting-roundtable-was-re-btc270-phashs-ltc500-ghashs-new-server-in-us-stratum-usf2poolcom-1377560
Activity: 324
Merit: 260
February 24, 2016, 09:02:11 AM
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 05, 2016, 06:25:05 PM
Someone might want to correct that 98% ... I doubt the altcoins are worth 2% ...
February 05, 2016, 05:18:56 PM
PPS 4% it means fee ?

you get paid 96%  and the alt coins are worth 2%

so you get 98%

1 payment per day.

when you get the payment there is another fee to the blockchain.

I forget what that is.  I stopped mining here a while back.

but if you are really small the fee to the blockchain hurts.

maybe some one can explain it better.

There is no fee to the blockchain. All payout tx from us are free transactions. Small miners pay the same feerate as big miners.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
February 05, 2016, 10:58:10 AM
PPS 4% it means fee ?

you get paid 96%  and the alt coins are worth 2%

so you get 98%

1 payment per day.

when you get the payment there is another fee to the blockchain.

I forget what that is.  I stopped mining here a while back.

but if you are really small the fee to the blockchain hurts.

maybe some one can explain it better.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
February 05, 2016, 10:47:24 AM
Yes, it means that 4% of your mining earnings are kept by the pool.  The pool tries to offset this by giving you some merge-mined coins (if you set that up).
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 05, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
PPS 4% it means fee ?
February 04, 2016, 11:44:53 PM
We are increasing our Huntercoin payout to BTC × 10 + LTC × 1.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
January 28, 2016, 06:04:10 PM
stratum+tcp://stratum-us.f2pool.com:3333

Hi,

We really want an eu-pool!
I don't wanna mine in the US but China has a ping > 300ms.

Cheerz,
Wieme
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 23, 2016, 07:53:38 PM
stratum+tcp://stratum-us.f2pool.com:3333
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2016, 06:54:57 PM
Let's not hijack this thread and turn it into a big blocks/small blocks debate. F2Pool has said what they are intending to do, I'd suggest asking them questions but let's not debate each other here.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
January 19, 2016, 06:52:23 PM
https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin/commit/8d3a84c242598ef3cdc733e99dddebfecdad84a6

Keccak?

this is the worst idea I've seen for BTC, switching algo as if it were some altcoin....

The only time it would be acceptable would be a situation where some country or entity committed a sustained 51% attack. Right now, it's just Luke trolling. Yes, he's serious. No, he doesn't have any traction whatsoever.

Seems some people have tons of unused GPUS.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2016, 06:08:23 PM

Keccak?

The only time it would be acceptable would be a situation where some country or entity committed a sustained 51% attack. Right now, it's just Luke trolling. Yes, he's serious. No, he doesn't have any traction whatsoever.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
January 19, 2016, 06:05:39 PM

Keccak?

You don't get to have it both ways.

Miners who choose to support a contentious hard fork are voluntarily disenfranchising themselves; that status is obviously entailed by voluntary defection from the socioeconomic majority.

If their attack on Bitcoin becomes an actual threat (rather than a laughingstock like XT and Unlimited) to our coins, we may switch Core's proof of work in order to avoid a fork war and thereby prevent catastrophic consensus failure.

Should the giant Toominista mines become worthless ToominCoin dumps, they will have nothing to blame except their own brinksmanship.

I welcome a switch to Keccak (or CrypoNight).  It would decentralized mining and improve Bitcoin's antifragility.

f2pool, KnC, and Bitfury should seriously reconsider their determination to become de facto altcoin miners.

They need to understand the way Bitcoin's electronic intrusion countermeasures work - the harder you attack Bitcoin, the harder Bitcoin attacks you.

And you still haven't told us why it took you so long to get bored painting vanity bikesheds at your rump forum.

But it's nice you've come crawling back, with your curly tail tucked between your stumpy widdle pug legs.  Welcome home dear old Doctor Frappe!
legendary
Activity: 1764
January 19, 2016, 05:29:00 PM

Keccak?

Pages:
Jump to: