Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool「魚池」🐟 - page 15. (Read 169327 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 260
December 12, 2015, 01:47:45 AM
Mining on stratum headers is just one innovative contribution among many others from us. And we are happy to see this innovation has been adopted not only by us but also AntPool and BTCC.

"Innovative" is hardly the word for it.  Dangerous and stupid are far more accurate ways to describe it.  You've contributed absolutely nothing.

These 331 MB of tx are mostly spam from @amaclin, who has been flooding the network with sigops and dusts for months. We increased our fee to reduce spam in block.

In the meanwhile we are also mining largest blocks in blockchain. If you sort all bitcoin blocks by size, the top 1000+ are all from us.
December 12, 2015, 01:42:49 AM
Is the site under another attack?  Can't login but my miners *seem* to be ok.

ig

Yes. Last night our web server got some DDoS attacks. Now it is back.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
December 11, 2015, 07:42:31 PM
Mining on stratum headers is just one innovative contribution among many others from us. And we are happy to see this innovation has been adopted not only by us but also AntPool and BTCC.

"Innovative" is hardly the word for it.  Dangerous and stupid are far more accurate ways to describe it.  You've contributed absolutely nothing.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
December 11, 2015, 05:35:05 PM
Is the site under another attack?  Can't login but my miners *seem* to be ok.

ig
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
December 11, 2015, 05:04:02 PM
At what percentage of the hashrate will F2Pool stop accepting new users? 30% is already highly critical.

If you care even a little bit about bitcoin, you would stop mining here and at Antpool.

please ELI5. I can't through all these posts and have the stuff is WAYYY over my head.
Besides SVP mining (which allows less transactions on the bitcoin network) and implementing Full RBF without announcing it before (which could have bankrupted bitpay/coinbase) no mining pool should have such a large amount of hashpower.
With 51% of the power they could control the network (reverse transaction, block transactions, destroy svp wallets (multibit, android wallet...)). At the moment they would have more than 51% if they would collude with Antpool (or hacked, forced...).

Since the rise of the Chinese mining pools, the network is truly in danger.
December 10, 2015, 01:52:32 PM
I have to clean this thread up by removing some posts from people with negative trust feedback. You may already notice the red warnings on the left side, please trade with them with extreme caution!
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 10, 2015, 08:55:04 AM
@macbook-air
Do you mean that you'll intentionally not build on blocks from Kano.is? I think you need to clarify what you mean by blacklist.

We will not build on his blocks until our local bitcoind got received and verified them in full. This guy leaked our IP addresses to the public, I pm him kindly and begged him to remove them but he refused. If we ever got DDoSed due to his post, we have no choices but point our domains to his pool.
That is a threat and a lie

We did not and will not DDoS anyone. And what I said earlier was that we HAVE TO redirect someone else’s attack, including those potential ones from Kano, to Kano’s pool IF that attack is a result of the provoked post of him. Because the attack is caused, directly or indirectly, by him.
... again that is a threat and a lie
December 10, 2015, 05:35:08 AM
I asked for a reasonable discussion regarding the way your pool operates and the actions it takes along with the claims you make.
I certainly bashed those actions and denied your claims regarding them.

If that doesn't fall under support I don't know what does.

Again you have a problem with the truth. It seems your problems telling the truth appear daily.

I also asked to discuss these things in a meetup.

Besides, you can continue to silence me here, but people are already on to your ways, your threats, and your lies.

Please Sir, do explain the finer details regarding the SPV mining and zero transaction blocks. How do those specific items help the network as I would not want to mine anywhere which wasn't helping all miners, especially at the pool where I mine.

What is your opinion of all pools adopting these mining methods? Would bitcoin be more secure if this occurred? Or, how soon would people tire of not having transactions processed correctly?

I may mine here if you can help me understand how the pool works without harming the network. I'd say such deals directly with pool support, wouldn't you?

I want to make a clarification that I am more than happy to explain to the community for how our pool works. But you have to be nice and polite. While words like “threats”, “lies” are not included.
December 09, 2015, 11:56:26 PM

More of my posts deleted by macbook-air. When scared to discuss the truth, hide it. Right macbook?

macbook-air is deleting all of the posts he doesn't like now, so no worries you will be able to see what they want you to see.
Very Sad the truth must be hidden from the miners of F2pool.
The threats, lies, mafioso styles of intimidation.

I wish the F2pool miners the best and only hope you get out before the Denial of service threats made by F2pool against the bitcoin miners don't end up causing more damage.

Good luck my mining brethren. We all need it.

Karma is good to those who are good to Karma.

Support Karma by doing good things for bitcoin and I wish you all the best.

This thread is for user support, see the first post. You post was not asking support from me but bashing me and our pool for no valid reason. You are always free to post whatever in your own thread.
December 09, 2015, 11:53:57 PM
Some of you do not even know whether version is included in header but believe so called "SPV" mining is bad. Isn't it ridiculous?
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
December 09, 2015, 08:40:43 PM
At what percentage of the hashrate will F2Pool stop accepting new users? 30% is already highly critical.

If you care even a little bit about bitcoin, you would stop mining here and at Antpool.

please ELI5. I can't through all these posts and have the stuff is WAYYY over my head.
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
December 09, 2015, 07:54:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 09, 2015, 02:10:14 PM
So an attack is underway?

Must I stop mining here forever?

Or can people come to terms over S.P.V. ?

was wondering the same? I use this as my main pool. Not sure how DDOS effects mining pool tbh.

very frustrating as I want some of my hash in a pps pool.  There are almost no options other then this one. 

I hate to see the infighting between miners and pools so if S.P.V. mining is bad figure out a way to stop the fighting over it.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
December 09, 2015, 02:36:21 AM

was wondering the same? I use this as my main pool. Not sure how DDOS effects mining pool tbh.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 08, 2015, 03:26:54 PM

December 07, 2015, 08:23:58 AM
Thanks for finally adding a US server. My ping is only 45ms from the 250ms.

However the difficulty is 4.1k which is very high for an antminer s3. Anyway to lower it?

The diff will lower to 2048 after a minute or two if your miner is not submitting fast enough.

My 420Gh/s miner is still at 4.1K with the new US server.

The old default server was at 2K difficulty.

It does not affect your earnings. Only the hashrate chart may not be very good looking (higher variety).
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
December 07, 2015, 02:40:46 AM

However the difficulty is 4.1k which is very high for an antminer s3. Anyway to lower it?

The diff will lower to 2048 after a minute or two if your miner is not submitting fast enough.

My 420Gh/s miner is still at 4.1K with the new US server.

The old default server was at 2K difficulty.
December 07, 2015, 02:38:03 AM

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
December 07, 2015, 02:16:07 AM
I think it is pretty ridiculous to say that SPV mining is in any way harmful to Bitcoin. When a pool SPV mines, they start work on a new block slightly faster then they otherwise would be able to do so. Even if a pool were to produce an "empty" block (eg one with only a coinbase transaction and does not confirm any additional transactions), then the previous transactions confirmed in previous blocks would be confirmed by one additional block (this is beneficial to those who need to wait "n" confirmations prior to having their transaction "credited", as well as those who say that you must always wait 6 confirmations prior to accepting a transaction), and decreases the chances that the block they are mining "on top of" gets orphaned (which benefits the pool/miner of the previous found block).

If anything, SPV mining opens up the miners who engage in this practice to additional risks, however f2pool is a PPS pool so the miners who are mining on f2pool are not bearing these risks, the operators of f2pool are. Based on this fact, if SPV mining was not net profitable then miners would not engage in this practice, period.

I personally don't think it is anyone's business to say what risks that f2pool can and cannot take with their own money. If they are doing something that you believe is risky, then you should/can warn them of these risks, however it is ultimately up to them to decide what risks to take with their own money/profits.

I would say that I have mined on f2pool in the past with the little amount of miners that I have owned in the past and that I would gladly trust f2pool with my mining power in the future (I do not currently own any miners, therefore I am not mining on any pool).
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
December 07, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Pages:
Jump to: